Houston
Sponsored by

Nick Wright out at 610

22,708 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MelvinUdall
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Smart move, get Lopez off of a prime slot and move, what I consider, the best show on Houston sports talk to the prime morning slot.
RAB91
Meltser is painful to listen to for me. I guess it will be primarily 790 for me in the mornings.
Scientific
AG
Melster + McClain in the morning?

tought times at 610 it looks like.
MelvinUdall
quote:
Meltser is painful to listen to for me. I guess it will be primarily 790 for me in the mornings.

Meltser on his own, yes, but I like the combination of him and Seth.

McClain and Meltser are on with Seth during the week some time, so it wouldn't be a first.
aTm2004
AG
What about Jim Mudd? Staying in the morning? Going with Lopez?
MelvinUdall
quote:
What about Jim Mudd? Staying in the morning? Going with Lopez?

I like Jim Mudd, I hope he stays on in the morning.
jbanda
AG
Jim Mudd is the best thing about sports radio 610.
Aggie Rick
AG
I hate to bag on an Ag but Dante Hall is impossible to listen to. Lopez has gotten worse without the Nose keeping him to sports. Cody Toots has potential. Gone to national radio for this time slot.

Morning show has gotten better once Mike and Seth got in the groove with Jim Mudd and got him more involved. Best show in Houston.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
I hate to bag on an Ag but Dante Hall is impossible to listen to. Lopez has gotten worse without the Nose keeping him to sports. Cody Toots has potential. Gone to national radio for this time slot.

Morning show has gotten better once Mike and Seth got in the groove with Jim Mudd and got him more involved. Best show in Houston.

I've enjoyed Mike And Seth for a while.
Ag_07
AG
quote:

Seth Payne and his need to interrupt whoever is talking to go on some incoherent, off subject, ADHD fueled rant is unbearable.

He's horrible
jswags
AG
I agree, Seth Payne is horrible. His rambling reminds me of Caliendo doing a Madden impersonation.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
quote:

Seth Payne and his need to interrupt whoever is talking to go on some incoherent, off subject, ADHD fueled rant is unbearable.

That is what I find entertaining. It lightens up the show
aTm2004
AG
College Football starts soon...Sirius' First Team instead of Texan Talk all. The. ****ing. Time.
Chewy
AG
Is this the same Nick Wright that's on FS1 now?
aTm2004
AG
Yes.
Ag_07
AG
quote:

Holy shlt...So people do watch FS1?
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:

Holy shlt...So people do watch FS1?

BDF fans do. I used to when they had the MotoGP contract.
gigemJTH12
AG
Nick is kicking a$$ already at FS1. Has drawn really high praise from some big time people.

SVP was giving him very high praise on Twitter the other day.

Nick is the sh*t
Chewy
AG
I follow Clay Travis on Twitter and noticed the name and some programs they were doing together. Never listened to him when he was here and haven't watched him on FS1. Just saw the name and wondered if it's the same guy.

Either way a jump from Houston sports talk to FS1 isn't bad in that industry. I'd rather be on the Fox set in LA than some dingy sports talk studio in Houston where you get shuffled every six months just because that's what happens.
gigemJTH12
AG
Nick will be at the very top of this industry soon. Very, very soon.

I could argue he is the best at what he does.Top 5 already for sure.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Nick will be at the very top of this industry soon. Very, very soon.

I could argue he is the best at what he does.Top 5 already for sure.
I could argue he was not good at first when he was here, but he got better. he annoyed the hell out of me when he was 1st here.

gigemJTH12
AG
he can be a little much for some people. But thats just his thing.

but as far as a combo of speaking talent, interesting takes, and knowledge via impromptu and also research, he is one of the best there is.
FW Declerk
Anyone who likes Nick Wright is more than likley a homosexual.
AustinCountyAg
I could halfway stand him in the mornings when he was on 610. However, after I saw a picture of him I had a hard time liking him. Such a NBA, Lebron lover boy.

He could be this guys brother.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i travel a good amount and listen to a lot of sports radio not only in Houston but nationally.

i honestly think Charlie Palilo is possibly the most solid, even, fair, and knowledgeable sports radio guys in the country.
MelvinUdall
quote:
i travel a good amount and listen to a lot of sports radio not only in Houston but nationally.

i honestly think Charlie Palilo is possibly the most solid, even, fair, and knowledgeable sports radio guys in the country.

I could not agree more, don't get me wrong he is a bit dry and when sports are slow he is kind of boring, but his overall knowledge is fantastic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.