Houston
Sponsored by

Gaslamp in the news

29,363 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CheeseSndwch
HBCanine08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why don't you post a pic of your gf and lets see if we would charge her cover or not
88jrt06
AG
Midtown.

Should really have its own message board....and Ward# !
7th, 8th?
fatrandy
http://www.kidsgamesheroes.com/paginasinfo/images/Dora-The-Explorer-Full.jpg

Cris_Dishman
That place is always packed isn't it? Seems like their business model is doing just fine.
onceaggie
AG
Lol the bar guys asked me and buddy to come in there one night and I told him to F off.

Lol at people who pay cover to go bars in Houston
Petrino1
I am Hispanic and have never been charged a cover or discriminated against at any of the so called racist bars on Washington/Midtown. I also make sure to dress nice and not try and go in with a group of ten other guys wearing jordans. If a bar charged me cover or turned me away at the door, I would simply go to another bar and not make a stink about it.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
quote:
Getting kept out of a dewshy club is a tort these days?
Texas doesn't have public accommodation laws, so there isn't a state case. They could file something in federal court if they want to.
What about HERO?
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Texas doesn't have public accommodation laws, so there isn't a state case. They could file something in federal court if they want to.
What about HERO?
That is a city ordinance, not a state law. The city is allowed to attempt to pass it because the state does not have accommodation laws in place (the state has not spoken, so the city may).
Tom Hagen
AG
quote:
What about HERO?

Won't have to worry about that after November.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Midtown has always been kind of ******y. In the mid-2000's, it was annoying. Then Washington became the new Midtown. Now it's back full-circle.
Sea Gull
AG
I hate midtown with a passion. It's just a bunch of people trying to outdewsh each other.
Mikeyshooter
AG
quote:
I also make sure to dress nice...
What does this even mean? This seems to be a trend with people talking about a dress code and dressing nice. What is the dress code for these places?
88jrt06
AG
Kevlar.
drumboy
AG
quote:
I hate midtown with a passion. It's just a bunch of people trying to outdewsh each other.
Unfortunately hot girls too, which is why normal guys go there too.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
What about HERO?
That is a city ordinance, not a state law. The city is allowed to attempt to pass it because the state does not have accommodation laws in place (the state has not spoken, so the city may).
So what about HERO?
The Wonderer
AG
what about it? Currently, it is not in effect.
Token
AG
quote:
I am Hispanic and have never been charged a cover or discriminated against at any of the so called racist bars on Washington/Midtown. I also make sure to dress nice and not try and go in with a group of ten other guys wearing jordans. If a bar charged me cover or turned me away at the door, I would simply go to another bar and not make a stink about it.
Be lucky you aren't black. I have been denied entrance into gaslamp and refuse to go back to gaslamp or drinkery because multiple times they said i wasn't dressed properly. I didn't know dress shoes, jeans, and a polo aren't dressy enough. I once went to gaslamp and watched people with flip flops and board shorts get in. It was incredible how blatantly racist those dumbass bouncers were. I'm glad that these guys are bringing attention to it. It also helps that they are lawyers that probably have plenty of friends in the city.
Aggie1391
F*** Gaslamp
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
That's what I'm asking.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
That's what I'm asking.
Texas Supreme Court said the City has to repeal the ordinance or place it up for vote back in May of this year. It is Prop 1 on the November ballot. I believe its implementation is stayed until the November ballot results are in.

Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
That's what I'm asking.
Texas Supreme Court said the City has to repeal the ordinance or place it up for vote back in May of this year. It is Prop 1 on the November ballot. I believe its implementation is stayed until the November ballot results are in.
Correct.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
F*** Gaslamp

**** Midtown!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Token, are you saying you've tried to get in multiple times?

I would have been done with those asshats the first time.
Token
AG
quote:
Token, are you saying you've tried to get in multiple times?

I would have been done with those asshats the first time.
unfortunately our firm has had 3 late night happy hours there, and i've been denied entry to two of them. we no longer have happy hours there after a few of us complained
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Damn. Can't say I wouldn't be tempted to pile on their public shaming if I were you.
Token
AG
I think this negative publicity is enough shaming for them, to be honest
onceaggie
AG
Sorry to hear that happened to you token that place is a **** hole
Catch
AG
Wow! They posted a YouTube video response regarding the incident. Holy hell its horrible. I think they just did more damage to their rep. Total doooooosh.....
GoneGirl
AG
I visualize their attorney being like this guy....

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Wow! They posted a YouTube video response regarding the incident. Holy hell its horrible. I think they just did more damage to their rep. Total doooooosh.....

What the hell is he trying to say? That we need to vote for an accommodation law so his door guys know what to do, but until then they don't care what anyone thinks?
UndergroundAg
So is he saying.....we care, but we don't give a f vck? ! It started to sound like an endorsement for the HERO Ordinance at one point.
Texaggie7nine
They should have hired a black lawyer.
7nine
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Pretty sad bars have been doing this for awhile in midtown.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
Pretty sad bars have been doing this for awhile in midtown.

.....which is like the nearby bus station calling bs on fake IDs.
WES2006AG
AG
quote:

This statement is clear as mud.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.