Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

615,924 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by HalifaxAg
BCO07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I agree on licking the dead pool now that he's crossed over into Africa.

i disagree with licking anything associated with this
EMY92
AG
quote:
I agree on licking the dead pool now that he's crossed over into Africa.

And I've also got $20 via PayPal to the winner.
Please don't lick my spreadsheet.
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
quote:
Just how expensive is African international data roaming?

Who cares when you're putting it on credit
So....NotGibbs Eh?
cuz-i-can
AG
quote:
And I've also got $20 via PayPal to the winner.

I'll throw in a cord of mesquite firewood.
Chazz03
AG
Only thing I have to throw down is a pound of damn good deer sausage
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
SteveBott
AG
Ill throw Heb pork butt
htxag09
AG
I got Dec 6
JD Shellnut
AG
I got 2 New Zealand buck rabbits to the winner!
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Ill throw Heb pork butt

Now we're talking
VanZandt92
He's been scrubbing his Facebook. Soon that won't matter. Just hope it's ransom and not some damn Boko Haram.
CactusThomas
AG
I've divided my 40 acre ranchlette into four 10 acre hunting leases. I'll let the winner have the lease of his choice for one season.

It doesn't feel as small as it sounds because the blinds and feeders are on the fence lines.
End Of Message
AG
It is what it is
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
quote:
quote:

Its not necessarily a question of cost, but getting a signal in many places is not possible
Unlocked phone, local sim cards. Congo and Zambia have good cell coverage, but can't say about other places.
HvilleAggie
AG
Whoa whoa, I tried to write on the google doc earlier today and it wasn't allowing edits. I predicted in an earlier post today that he wouldn't survive past August, and I believe the only date open in August is the 20th. If it's still available please add me to it
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I'll take October 4th. Will take that moron a long time to negotiate the WS-Mauritania border. Will take AQIM 5 minutes to pick out what they can sell and leave the rest.
The Fife
I've got a day of South Carolina snake hunting at the marsh behind our place and the state park next door for the winner. Copperheads-a-plenty, plus the occasional gator!
EMY92
AG
Got you, blindey, and MasterAggie added.
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Its not necessarily a question of cost, but getting a signal in many places is not possible
Unlocked phone, local sim cards. Congo and Zambia have good cell coverage, but can't say about other places.
Africell FTW
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Put me down as he will survive. In essence....$1 Bob
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
Speaking of no service, IF he dies how do we find out? State depart?
This is THE outdoors board. Pretty sure the usual crew will be able to sleuth down the minute and size of machete of his demise or his clandestine U-turn to get the hell out of there in a few weeks if he is still alive.
cuz-i-can
AG
Do you have to logged in to a Google account then save in order to change the spreadsheet?
EMY92
AG
quote:
Do you have to logged in to a Google account then save in order to change the spreadsheet?
Changes are saved automatically. I have locked the spreadsheet so others can't make changes to ensure no shenanigans occur. If you would like to change your pick, let me know.
cbr
AG
quote:
quote:
I believe the theories that Africa was where man originated.

I also believe we've been fleeing it for our entire existence for a reason.
I think I'm going to have to disagree with your premise. I urge you to read King Leopold's Ghost, and learn about the colonization of Africa. Or look into the death of the first democratically elected president of Congo, after it's independence, at the hands of the CIA and Belgians. Another good book to read is In Search of Enemies: A CIA Story by John Stockwell. Much of what we see in violent areas of Africa, they learned from muzungu.
Thats the dumbest ****ing ass brainwashed liberal whitewashed tomfool post ive seen in a while. All serious dealings in africa required violence, or threat of violence, and always have. Not because muzungu are such bad people they taught those noble savages bad things, but because thats the only rule they ever had and the only way to make infrastructure or anything good stick over there. You impose infrastructure, and then send in the priests, and try to turn it into a decent place.

But then you get caught up in european wars and lose the energy to enforce the rule of law....so it slides back to savagery. Thats where it is now. We even helped ruin south africa with a bunch of misguided liberal fantasies.
cuz-i-can
AG
Good idea.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
ShaggyAggie01
AG
Please take arguments about who ****ed up Africa to the politics board.

This thread is for finding out when this particular idiot dies, or not. nothing else.
texrover91
AG
quote:
Please take arguments about who ****ed up Africa to the politics board.

This thread is for finding out when this particular idiot dies, or not. nothing else.

imagine the meltdown if the Congo trek the Belgian couple documented was posted over there - I'd say thread delete in one day
aggiepublius
AG
Awww... I hope I didn't miss getting my date in. Had been saving up the thread updates for the past week to read for when work slowed down.

If I can still get in, I will take Sept. 4

And are we going to sponsor someone to be our "Mr. Stanley" to go find this guy?
EMY92
AG
Got you added.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
We will disagree.
End Of Message
AG
Love your updates in other threads. Have been to Africa numerous times, mostly to work with C.H.A.K (Christian health association of Kenya), Living Water, or the River Blindness Foundation (no longer in existence), but also to hunt. It's an amazing continent and applaud you for what you're doing.
VanZandt92
quote:
I've got a day of South Carolina snake hunting at the marsh behind our place and the state park next door for the winner. Copperheads-a-plenty, plus the occasional gator!
Wait, I want to do that. I'm just up the road from you.
VanZandt92
Any updates on this dude?
txags92
AG
quote:
Any updates on this dude? Is he dead yet?
FIFY

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.