Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

614,200 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by HalifaxAg
tamuags08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
According to a comment that she made on this photo she still has her "travel buddy ;-)"
i have a rough idea where this is. It says that they are 358 km from Tichla and 389 km from Nouadhibou.

Also, I found this on google earth, looks to be the same location, but a new sign (the distances are all the same, but in a different order, and the signs in the background appear to be the same)

Enhance: All the signs on the left hand side match up. The sign that i'm pointing to with the arrow has been damaged and you only see the pole in emily's pic

https://instagr.am/p/BHVMGgshoXd
ursusguy
AG
Strange, either she has huge feet or her hippy sandals stick out like a sore thumbs. It's how I end up spotting her in photos....to be clear, I don't have a thing for feet.
Bellards Boys
TexAgs
BOOOM!!!

Still knowing stuff = amazing
OnlyForNow
AG
Jesus, 02 needs something to keep him busy besides this.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Dan sucks at hastags. He has #wanderlust and #travelblogger listed twice, as well as #instatravel and #instravelling and any combination of explore, travel and africa that he can come up with

https://instagr.am/p/BJbMaUBjzYr
ursusguy
AG
Gee trying to catch up on your death dates. ISIS thanks you for playing connect the dots.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
i think he has something to occupy his time, clearly it is playing geoguessr
FHKChE07
AG
In Commonwealth countries, travelling is spelled with 2 "L"s.
TexasAggie_02
AG
wasn't pointing out the spelling, just that he uses too many redundant and derivative hastags
EMY92
AG
quote:
So, according to Daylight-Dan Savings time, my Aug 22 death pool date is a DDST-adjusted Oct 22?

Hell yeah, I'm still in the game!

Blow on (2 months later), Dan!
The date is the actual date that Dan dies, not the date that we hear about it. Those of us whose dates have passed are technically still in the game, he may be dead, we just haven't heard about it yet.
The Fife
quote:
quote:
According to a comment that she made on this photo she still has her "travel buddy ;-)"
i have a rough idea where this is. It says that they are 358 km from Tichla and 389 km from Nouadhibou.

Also, I found this on google earth, looks to be the same location, but a new sign (the distances are all the same, but in a different order, and the signs in the background appear to be the same)

Enhance: All the signs on the left hand side match up. The sign that i'm pointing to with the arrow has been damaged and you only see the pole in emily's pic

https://instagr.am/p/BHVMGgshoXd
Looks like about 60% of the way through Western Sahara to me.
guyace
He posted on Reddit 4 days ago so he is still alive as of then as his posts are on topic in threads he didn't create and you can't delay post to Reddit like he can with his website, facebook, twitter, and instagram.
gomerschlep
AG
Can't believe he actually left Morocco
KT 90
AG
quote:
Can't believe he actually left Morocco
Game on!
Kenneth_2003
AG
Regardless of where his PoundSign "Offroading" "Overlanding" "RoadTrip" ass is, he's still on civlized PAVED ****ING roads.

Notice all his pound signs... Less overlanding, offraod, adventure crap, and now it's all travel.... ****ING FRAUD!
easttexasaggie04
AG
Is ATT still alive?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
TexAgs
BOOOM!!!

Still knowing stuff = amazing

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for sponsorship, I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired from Doss and MFBarnes. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let the hashtags go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not downvote you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will mock you on TexAgs."
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm convinced there were posters on Texags examining rock formations in the background of Bin Laden and al-Zawahiri videos to locate them. In fact, I'm surprised the OB hasn't already located al-Zawahiri.
aggieforester05
AG
Who do you think found OBL? It wasn't Obama...
Centerpole90
AG
quote:
I'm convinced there were posters on Texags examining rock formations in the background of Bin Laden and al-Zawahiri videos to locate them. In fact, I'm surprised the OB hasn't already located al-Zawahiri.
Maybe not posters, and maybe not ALL Ags, but I do know that some of those responsible for finding and killing Al Zarqawi have read threads on here.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
They actually did quite a bit of that tracking down bad guys for the gubmint. Geologists get a bad rap, but we have our good sides too.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
DuckDown2013
AG
Your recon skills are impressive. Who knew this thread would take such a large, but necessary time commitment?
OnlyForNow
AG
There are definitely some Ags that are current and past SEALs and a lot more Ags that went through part of the same training that read these boards.
Westi
AG
I'm honestly blown away at how much some of you can find out on the internets. Good luck to anyone hiding from TexAgs.
NickNaylor
quote:
I'm honestly blown away at how much some of you can find out on the internets. Good luck to anyone hiding from TexAgs.
Your morning dump took longer than usual today. Are you getting enough fiber in your diet? CanyonAg doesn't think so.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BJgDYtEDgXe

I think we know how it might all end now.
ccard257
AG
nah, that pic is still from morocco. He's made it at least halfway through western sahara according to the detective work above
ccard257
AG
wait, that was your detective work. now i'm confused
aggiepublius
AG
In a pile of hashtags preventing air from reaching his lungs?
VanZandt92
quote:
https://instagr.am/p/BJgDYtEDgXe

I think we know how it might all end now.

He painted his hood?
aggiepublius
AG
As mentioned before, we are not 100% sure Emily hasn't left and gone her own direction. I prefer to think that she, like the rest of us, has taken the true measure of Dan's snail-like pace and decided to travel on with someone that isn't driving a Jeep.
nai06
AG
That looks like an old pic from the area around Ait BenHaddou. It was a popular stop on the route from Marrakech to Timbuktu in Mali here is an aerial pic of Ait Ben Haddou

On second thought it may not be Ait Ben Haddou but its not Western Sahara. Probably in the Anti-Atlas mountains.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
wait, that was your detective work. now i'm confused
i meant down the road. if he's up to going to random ppl's homes for dinner, it may backfire sometime within the next 22k miles

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.