The Division Beta

29,699 Views | 347 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bryan98
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a good pistol from the dz

Using an AK I got from the dz and a scar-h

So red, fmz, and I definitely killed two solo players in the dz shamelessly.
redbaron788
AG
Those guys were acting real suspicious following us around like that and deserved what they got damn it
PapaKilo
AG
Still waiting for my access.
Kampfers
AG
Hit level 8 last night (beta cap), can use my blue AK now. It's pretty goddam sick. Also found a neat 3.4x scope.

I want to buy one of those orange guns on sale in the DZ safe house but I'm still about 1500 DZ funds away and I'm not sure I want to put in that grind just for a beta.

Outlasting a bounty gives a ton of dz credits though, seems to be the fastest way to rack them up.
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah we ganked one guy up on top in a great spot that you can only get to with two rappeling points.

As our timer got to five seconds a guy came up there and started shooting us. We killed him and it moved us up to rank 2 and had to wait 2 minutes. Got roughly 180 DZ credits for surviving that. That is the key if you want to go rogue, kill them in isolated areas with limited engagement points which you can then cover.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
This man speaks the truth. You always see the PS4 community stuff at the top of The Nerdery. Y'all Xbone guys have fallen off this console cycle!

Are the PS4 guys doing that circle jerk thing again!?
Hey, we all need a little loving some of the time
wee_ag
AG
There are DZ keys and special chests?

https://www.vg247.com/2016/01/30/the-division-beta-have-dark-zone-keys-heres-a-dark-zone-chest-location-guide/

Guess I know what I'm doing today...
jabberwalkie09
AG
Once I hit the level required to open those chests, every time I have come across one now it doesn't give me the option to open it.
wee_ag
AG
According to the article they cycle per server. If someone opened one recently you have to wait until another random one becomes available. Where did you find the keys?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well this was happening last night when I ran across the boxes, that there wasn't an option to open them. Today I can open them. I lost my DZ key I had, so I didn't get to open the actual DZ box....
Line Ate Member
AG
So I pre-ordered at Best Buy. Did I screw up my chances to get my insta beta key?
jeffk
AG
I don't know what you guys are talking about - I got my favorite pair of skinny jeans in the dark zone.
wee_ag
AG
Rocking the skinny jeans too... with a puffy jacket and pom pom beanie

Also - CHECK YOUR POUCHES! I've got two DZ keys and had no idea I had any... now to find some chests!
jr15aggie
AG
Teamed up with randoms in DZ earlier... Was fun and we got lots of points. I survived a rogue rank 4 in the process.
jeffk
AG
I'll be on later tonight. Just wrapping up an all day tournament.
PapaKilo
AG
Shoot me an invite if you're in the dz. papakilo07
jr15aggie
AG
A few of us survived rogue rank 5 last night. Wasn't very glorious. The entire DZ is looking for you and your timer resets every time you shoot somebody. After like15 minutes we finally hid and waited. Lame. They need to fix the rules of engagement.
nomad2007
AG
There's apparently a bug that makes some people invisible to everyone in the dark zone on PC. They only appear on the mini-map. Of course, instead of reporting it, they just camp the extraction points.
jeffk
AG
Finished up every side mission available, maxed out to level 8 and have all my best gear customized ( I even got a weapon skin from a dude on the street!).

We also completed the save the doctor mission on hard last night - and it was in fact hard. Had to repeat several parts multiple times - it'd be impossible solo.

If anyone wants to run amok in the DZ, come find me.
aggiebonzo
AG
Is this a day one buy for you guys? I thought the concept was cool when I saw it a year ago but haven't heard of it since. Also, I'm a very casual player maybe a couple times a month. Is this something I would be able to get into?
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Finished up every side mission available, maxed out to level 8 and have all my best gear customized ( I even got a weapon skin from a dude on the street!).

We also completed the save the doctor mission on hard last night - and it was in fact hard. Had to repeat several parts multiple times - it'd be impossible solo.

If anyone wants to run amok in the DZ, come find me.
Yeah did it once with 3 other guys on matchmaking. One ******* was afk. We got to the rooftop and died which doesn't allow respawning. So the three of us just sat there. If at any time in your run of a mission you see someone go afk for 5 minutes, just leave and find a new match. It isn't like Destiny where it ends it if your other partner is not in a darkness zone.

Did it again with a buddy and two other randos and it went much much better. Difficult but fair. Seeing a regular human though just swallow SCAR-H marksman rifle shots and AK47 clips is just weird though. Even weirder when it is thug in a hoody and not armored up.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Did it again with a buddy and two other randos and it went much much better. Difficult but fair. Seeing a regular human though just swallow SCAR-H marksman rifle shots and AK47 clips is just weird though. Even weirder when it is thug in a hoody and not armored up.
The first run through I did where I was level 8 I had the same feeling. Plus on hard the waves and waves of guys coming at you was borderline ridiculous. I think I went through ALL of my ammo in my M1A, and the majority of the ammo in my SCAR-L. Though, headshots to make a slight difference.

One thing I have found annoying is how you easily you can end up becoming a rogue, and in addition to that is how even if you accidentally become a rogue and run off, if someone shoots you your timer increases....... Brilliant job Ubi.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
quote:
...if someone shoots you your timer increases....... Brilliant job Ubi.

You serious Clark? I've chased down Rogues and never noticed their timer going up when I shot them. I have, however, accidentally gone Rogue and run from others only to have my timer hang a 2 seconds so I couldn't change back. I was then killed, loosing my DZ keys. Really frustrating.

** ALSO **

Beta extended 24 hours!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1381747-Beta-Extension
jabberwalkie09
AG
Maybe it was a glitch, but yeah I noticed it more than once the first night. Also, killed a rogue earlier during a manhunt (got lucky and got a couple of shots on him with my M1A) and after the guy died and someone else picked up the guy's gear I some how inexplicably went rogue... In the middle of about 10 guys. Yes, I died in short order after that.

Not sure anyone else has experienced this, but I've seen a couple of rogues in the DZ appear to simply disconnect/disappear once they have started to be hounded. I'm wondering that if they are forcibly disconnecting while rogue that there is some sort of penalty for doing so, but I haven't seen any item drops from people doing it.
PapaKilo
AG
Anyone else getting random disconnects?
wee_ag
AG
The whole rogue system is really pissing me off. It makes neigh impossible to extract items because of how long it takes for the chopper to come in, you have every rogue on the map coming to your location to kill you before you can get your stuff out. Tried extract items 3 times from different points and all three times was killed before I could extract.

I'm on the verge of not buying if this is going to be a permanent mechanic.
jeffk
AG
Are you solo? We had no problems getting an extraction this morning but there were 3-4 of us partied up.
nomad2007
AG
I've stopped trying to extract unless I find something just absolutely amazing. Not worth dealing with the rogue issue otherwise. My best gear was bought or dropped on a hard run through of Madison. I think the only thing I've found in the dark zone worth anything was a pair of gloves.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
There's apparently a bug that makes some people invisible to everyone in the dark zone on PC. They only appear on the mini-map. Of course, instead of reporting it, they just camp the extraction points.

Yep. This was me last night! My texag buddy mentioned he couldnt see me... Then I realized I was also invincible. Lol. It was awesome. These d bags kept killing him at the extraction and then had no clue what was going on when they started getting shot by the invisible man.
Kampfers
AG
Yeah I've been killed a few times by invisible players. Very frustrating.

Now that I'm DZ level 11, ive been able to open some of the DZ chests that are hidden in contaminated areas. Gotten some pretty good blue items from that. Each chest usually has two pieces.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Yeah I've been killed a few times by invisible players. Very frustrating.

Now that I'm DZ level 11, ive been able to open some of the DZ chests that are hidden in contaminated areas. Gotten some pretty good blue items from that. Each chest usually has two pieces.
I've had zero luck on cases - they're all inactive when I go to them. There's also one in the middle of the map on the first floor of the construction site. Don't think it was in the video I posted.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I haven't been able to open any chests yet either.

When is the beta closed?
Sentinel
AG
They extended it to Feb 2. I just got an email giving me an access code.
jr15aggie
AG
I bought the gold level gun from the dz safe house vendor. It's pretty awesome. Probably the best gun you can get in the beta.
jeffk
AG
The shotty or the AR?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.