The Division Beta

29,700 Views | 347 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bryan98
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This seems to be lost in the changes...

quote:

• The health bars for Agents in the Dark Zone now only turns red when they become Rogue

Also... all 40 perks detailed:

AGinHI
AG
quick question for y'all

If you purchased the standard edition of the game for $59.99 and then upgraded to the gold edition, would you expect to pay an additional $99.99?
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:

quote:

• The health bars for Agents in the Dark Zone now only turns red when they become Rogue

All the perks explained it nice ---- it lets you finally get to think about the Meta. But we all know that the true meta was already captured by the great American rock/rap fusion band Limp Bizkit --- Rollin' (Shade steppin') everywhere!

millertyme
AG
quote:
quick question for y'all

If you purchased the standard edition of the game for $59.99 and then upgraded to the gold edition, would you expect to pay an additional $99.99?
If you buy and receive/open the standard game and then decide to pick up the gold edition, then yes, you will pay an extra $99.99 (not sure why you would do that). If you upgrade your preorder to the gold edition then you will pay $40 more.
mid90
AG
quote:

quote:

anyone else annoyed at how he pronounces "inventory"

invent-ry

f&$%*! brits
millertyme
AG
I was just thinking that as I watched the video! He should really learn to speak English.
AGinHI
AG
quote:
quote:
quick question for y'all

If you buy and receive/open the standard game and then decide to pick up the gold edition, then yes, you will pay an extra $99.99 (not sure why you would do that). If you upgrade your preorder to the gold edition then you will pay $40 more.

I preorderd the standard game from the ps store. I used part of a gift card. Thought, what the hell, I've been waiting a while for this game, I'm just going to get the whole damn thing. There is a link in the ps4 store with the text "Upgrade to Gold Edition." In my old school mind that means paying the difference between what I've already bought and getting the added features. If there's any problem--it's a gift card--so who cares.

I accidentally clicked my credit card. I do the live chat thing and am told by their rep: all sales are final but they'll refund the $59.99 to the ps wallet as "a one time gesture of goodwill." I don't want the money in my wallet, I want it back on the card. I also want to inquire about their business practice. So, I make a phone call.

I explained how I bought the same product and was expecting to be charged the difference. He told me "You're wrong"--is this how businesses treat their customers nowadays?--and proceeded to tell me I bought two different products.

I asked him if I bought two different products why is there only one in my library?

jr15aggie
AG
I would say "because MS/Xbox is better"... but just yesterday I discovered a really awesome MS feature. On my brand new Windows 10 home PC my kids wanted to watch a movie. I learned very quickly that Windows 10 no longer has a native DVD player but they will sell you the "app" for $15! ROFL... screw you MS! I have no words!
PapaKilo
AG
http://n4g.com/news/1862999/tom-clancys-the-division-huge-rumor-rikers-island-raid-and-full-map-with-all-activities

Apparently rumors of an end-game 8 man Rikers Island raid. Would be pretty sweet to see a lot of this.
thaed137
AG
I really hope that is true. Want this thing release already haha.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
I would say "because MS/Xbox is better"... but just yesterday I discovered a really awesome MS feature. On my brand new Windows 10 home PC my kids wanted to watch a movie. I learned very quickly that Windows 10 no longer has a native DVD player but they will sell you the "app" for $15! ROFL... screw you MS! I have no words!

VLC, bro
jabberwalkie09
AG
So now that the open beta has been released for PC, I played a little bit this morning. After doing the first mission, I went and jumped into DZ. I can confirm that there are definitely more guys there and that they do seem to be a bit tougher than they were in the Closed Beta. I did a scan in the middle of a street, next to some structures and it returned that there were 10 threats. In the Closed Beta, you would have been lucky to see 10 NPC's in the DZ period before everyone would have ripped through them.
Dro07
AG
So did you guys have to download an update or did you guys just start up with the previous version?

It looks like the same beginning as the precious Beta
jabberwalkie09
AG
I had deleted the CB client, but from what I understand it appears as though no progress carried over from the CB to OB.
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
quote:

DLC, bro
fify
millertyme
AG
I'm afraid I know the answer but is there a PS4 Division thread?
PapaKilo
AG
Haven't seen one.
Dro07
AG
quote:
I'm afraid I know the answer but is there a PS4 Division thread?

Well start one den Brofessor
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, it seems trolling the the DZ is now the thing to do in OB. Ran in to the DZ solo and made it maybe 100 meters before being shot at by a group of three people who were definitely rogues. Ran away, down into the subway section, decided I would have to at least make a stand so I buy a little bit of distance, made it to one of the door ways turned and fired off a mag, downing one, and started running again. Ended up running into several groups of non-rogue players, who ended up running towards the gun fire I shot at the rogues, and took care of the rogues.

One of the things that I have noticed is that even if you accidentally end up going rogue, and don't even kill anyone, that the people are very, very quick to just turn around and whack you and anyone else who might have gone rogue. So much so that if I end up around a group of several people who are non hostile and fighting rogues, I'll actually just leave to avoid an accidentally rogue status.

Also, as someone who has been doing a lot of solo rogue play in the DZ, I've gotten to the point where I pulse every time I am at an extraction zone and keep track of the number of people in the area. More than two, I'll leave and go to another extraction zone which means that I end up trying to extract several times. The annoying thing is how people are using the flash bang power that you can fire. It has a pretty big area of effect.
rhutton125
AG
Played a few hours Friday night. Didn't see any rogues in the DZ. Rolled with one person. Elites were tough but I was only level 7.

Pretty fun. Will probably wait for reviews. Didn't really get hooked but I enjoyed it alright.
Ozmandius
Enjoyed the beta. Curious to see how the actual game plays out. Walking around your base makes you realize how many different vendors, quests, perks, mods, etc. this game actually has. Will be interesting to see the full game release and how the player dynamic changes versus the beta.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Didn't see any rogues in the DZ.
The rogues didn't really show up in larger numbers until Saturday night/ Sunday. I didn't actually get to cap out on beta level until Sunday and get the Liberator (glorious, enemy shredding AR). I suspect most people were in the same position, trying to cap out gear and then mess around.

I ran around with an SMG and an AR most of the time for this beta, where as I used an AR and DMR almost exclusively in the CB. The SMG just absolutely chewed through enemies and was way better to shoot over barriers accuracy wise as opposed to the DMR. Though DMR's were great for shooting rogues when they were peaking around corners and over ledges.
jabberwalkie09
AG
One thing that hasn't been mentioned very much though is crafting, which wasn't available in the beta. I mean you can run across tech/fabric components as you go through the PvE area, so as long as you have the components and schematics you *should* be able to construct a variety of things I believe. Not only can you pick it up as you go along, but I think you also can get components when you deconstruct things (as long as they are not contaminated).
thaed137
AG
That's correct, you can find components and deconstruct items to get them as well. One of the missions I got a blue print for a sub machine gun that in the full game I would assume you use to construct it at the locked station.
Bryan98
AG
I haven't been paying attention to this lately. Is there a compelling version of this to buy/pre-order/etc.? I'd probably default to the normal, digital version on Xbox One.
thaed137
AG
If you are a prime member it is 20% off amazon and I think same deal if member of Best Buy club. Otherwise I don't think there is anything special.
easttexasaggie04
AG
20% off is nice.
VonDownByTheRiver
Best Buy is giving you an extra $10 reward cert too, so it's only $38+tax.
hunter2012
AG
I'm selling a copy for $45 if yall miss the sales, it came with a video card I bought off of Newegg. I would like to meet in BCS so you can redeem the code through Uplay before paying me.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
If you are a prime member it is 20% off amazon and I think same deal if member of Best Buy club. Otherwise I don't think there is anything special.
Sadly, that's only for the disc version.
Madmarttigan
AG
Negotiating with wife for undisturbed play time next week, say a prayer for my wallet when she goes shopping.

Can't wait for the game to come though.
TheVarian
AG
quote:
Negotiating with wife for undisturbed play time next week, say a prayer for my wallet when she goes shopping.

Can't wait for the game to come though.

The couch isn't that bad, and we will be up all night playing anyways. Best not to disturb the wifey with bright lights and noises.
thaed137
AG
Yeah I have been disc-less so far except for a game I got as a gift on the xbone. Figured it was worth having the disc for the price discount. Figured that is what amazon and best buy are trying to fight by offering the discounts.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Yeah I have been disc-less so far except for a game I got as a gift on the xbone. Figured it was worth having the disc for the price discount. Figured that is what amazon and best buy are trying to fight by offering the discounts.

I agree, that's what they're doing. Even Microsoft is selling the disc version at a discount on their online store.

The gatekeepers of digital content have correctly seen that digital buyers see disc-less games as a premium feature, not something that requires a discount from the more expensive to produce disc version.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.