SiriusXM are you kidding me $$$

13,101 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bradley.Kohr.II
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah just call and say you want to cancel, they'll send you right to the person who can give you the good deals.
culdeus
AG
Other than stern what does this service offer over spotify/pandora anymore? You can stream all the mlb/nfl radio fairly easily and for free too right?
Aggie_3
well my wife and I like it on road trips because it doesn't eat up our data and its not buggy and dependent on the phone having signal to stream. and XM 91 is my normal morning drive station and drive home station
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm paying a little over $5/month for Stern, plus all the sports channels (ESPN, NFL, NBA, College, etc). The actual music is secondary for me. Sure I might be able to get all that online for free, but I'm paying for convenience more than anything.

IMO, that beats the hell out of paying $10 for spotify for just music. The free version gives me everything I need except playing songs on demand. The ads aren't enough to make me pay.
aTm2004
AG
I had it for about 7 years and just paid the annual rate each year. It went from below $100/yr to this past year wanting dang near $150. I cancelled and haven't looked back. With Pandora, Apple Music, and Spotify at my fingertips, no need for Sirius. The only thing I'll miss is being able to listen to a football game on the way to or from College Station during the season.
Diggity
AG
I think everyone agrees that it's a good deal for $5/month, not so much at $17. The games they play with pricing are obnoxious.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
True, but my argument is based on the assumption that everyone in here could get them down to that price.
adamsbq06
AG
Just redid my rate (i am renegotiating all of my services including TV/Internet to get ready for my twins in a few months) I have two radios and was able to get them to $30.45/each for 6 months, I just had to pay it upfront as opposed to monthly. Just call and tell them that you want to pay $x and they should be able to get you on the right promotion.
ExPLK
AG
Don't be afraid to walk away. They will call back within a week or two and fold to give you what you want.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I just had to pay it upfront as opposed to monthly.
Can you do it monthly? I assumed everyone had to pay it upfront every 6 months.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
I just had to pay it upfront as opposed to monthly.
Can you do it monthly? I assumed everyone had to pay it upfront every 6 months.
im paying mine monthly
Aggie_3
Just called and it worked great! Got mine down to 59 every 6 months had to pay it up front but that's my current sub at all access and has all my travel link and live update navigation saved me over 100 every 6 months
Vernada
AG
To me it's convenient. I can use my phone for most stuff but it's really a PITA... Esp since I use my phone for Waze most the time. I also don't like fiddling with my phone while driving.

I've been thinking about activating it again on my other car.

What should I expect to pay for all access on two cars?
phillyag92
AG
Did I read that right? $48/month?
AgsWin2011
AG
Pandora. Spotift. I Heart Radio. All free. Stream through your phone in your car/truck. Pick the categories you like and it's better than XM and it's free. There may be adds every now and then but XM has them just as much.
Aggie_3
quote:
Pandora. Spotift. I Heart Radio. All free. Stream through your phone in your car/truck. Pick the categories you like and it's better than XM and it's free. There may be adds every now and then but XM has them just as much.

None of those have sports and all make you use data
AggieFrog
AG
Sports and news are why I keep XM, along with the ease of use of not messing with a Bluetooth connection for a quick trip. For music on longer drives I usually use Spotify or listen to podcasts.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:

My dad paid for the lifetime Sirius subscription years ago (around $400 IIRC) and that includes internet/app access. I forgot all about that. I guess I still kind of do have Sirius. Oh, and unlimited data FTW.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

My dad paid for the lifetime Sirius subscription years ago (around $400 IIRC) and that includes internet/app access. I forgot all about that. I guess I still kind of do have Sirius. Oh, and unlimited data FTW.
Doesn't that stay with the unit it was bought on, not the person that bought it? When my dad bought his used 750Li, he never had to pay for it.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Doesn't that stay with the unit it was bought on, not the person that bought it? When my dad bought his used 750Li, he never had to pay for it.
For the actual radio, yes. It is tied to his unit and he's transferred it once to his current vehicle. With internet/app, it's only tied to the login and not a physical unit, so I can always bluetooth it if I need to. I've been pretty happy with iTunes Radio since Apple Music was launched (finally got an overhaul), so since I have Match and don't get commercials, I'll probably just continue with that.
mhayden
There is a dedicated Bruce Springsteen Channel, a dedicated Neil Diamond channel, and DJ Jazzy Jeff - Nightmare on My Street played on the way to breakfast this morning.

You people not willing to pay for that obviously don't like nice things.
SeaAg98
AG
WOW.. Havent heard the DJ Jazzy song in forever. Just pulled it up on Spotify! Thanks for the smile this morning
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I heard DJJJ/Will Smith's Summertime on the way to work this morning.
76Ag
AG
Cancel XM and they will counter offer. Mess with them until you get tired of ot or you get a livable price.
Gil Renard
AG
They gave me a free trial with car. Now it's over.

How can I get them that low without complaining.
Punked Shank
AG
quote:
They gave me a free trial with car. Now it's over.

How can I get them that low without complaining.

By complaining...seriously
agmatt06
AG
If your free subscription is over, they will start calling you daily offering new deals. Just google what the best current offers are and tell them you want that.
adamsbq06
AG
i think the best offer is currently 6 months for $25
Matsui
AG
what is the update from the OP?
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
read this thread this morning and called and got this 6 mos for $25. I put a notification on my phone to call and cancel on January 4th.

They also credited back my account the difference. FYI- this 6mo/$25 was my third (3rd) offer.
khkman22
AG
quote:
quote:
read this thread this morning and called and got this 6 mos for $25. I put a notification on my phone to call and cancel on January 4th.

They also credited back my account the difference. FYI- this 6mo/$25 was my third (3rd) offer.
What stations do you have? Does it include all of the college sports and conference network channels? Or is it just the base music channels?
Mucho austin
AG
I just wait until they call/mail me the 6 months for $25 promotion.

Then I go get a $30 visa gift card and pay it all at once. When my 6 months are up, they can't keep charging me. Then I again wait for the call. Usually a week or 2.

Been doing this for 5-6 years.
cr0wbar
AG
I still have sports channels.
ExPLK
AG
Just called for my bi-annual conversation with them. They wanted to offer me a "deal" of $99 for 1 year. I told them I valued their service at $5/month. That's what they gave me.

I told the lady I would speak with her again in another 6 months.
SeattleAgJr

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.