SiriusXM are you kidding me $$$

13,087 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bradley.Kohr.II
adamsbq06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I never understood their business model. Why not just charge a lower price and get more subscribers than to jack with the prices. I pay like $50 for 6 months for 2 cars, no online streaming
Diggity
AG
I would imagine they've done pricing studies and figured out the people willing to pay anything for satellite are willing to sign up at the regular price (or in most cases, re-up after the free sub runs out). Then they focus a ton on retention since their variable costs are nil. What percentage of people even call about the bill to have it lowered...10-20%?

Their business is actually doing pretty well right now, against most analysts predictions.
adamsbq06
AG
Wow, I just got both of my vehicles upgraded for free.. I was changed by the agents to Sirius Select over a year ago, I pay $30 per vehicle for 6 months. Little did i know that his package didn't include MLB or Internet Streaming, (I only use them during baseball season.)

I was told I would get a $22 credit for each vehicle but I would have to pay the difference, so the promo they were offering was $45 per vehicle for All-Access so i figure I would pay ~$20 per car... I was surprised that they said the total would be close to ~$40 for each car. So at that point i decided to cancel (to subscribe to MLB.TV instead) and informed the agent of my frustration and my decision to cancel... he puts me on a long hold and says that he will upgrade me for free.

I think the Agents are told to do whatever is needed to keep people from canceling subscriptions...
BEaggie08
AG
Anyone able to get them to throw in NavTraffic & NavWeather with the music sub for free?
adamsbq06
AG
Try it... Cancel and when they ask you what you need to keep you... Tell me nav traffic and nav weather. It's a $7/month upgrade they should be able to comp it to keep you
adamsbq06
AG
quote:
Anyone able to get them to throw in NavTraffic & NavWeather with the music sub for free?
Well did it work?
62strat
AG
I just renewed the free trial in my truck. 5 months for $22.xx after fees/taxes.

I did not give them a credit card to avoid auto charge Invoice costs $2.. oh well...
I'll cancel in October and will renew only if they give me that rate. Can't beat $4 a month. (They says it's $17 a month bwhahahah.)

I passed on the $30 for 6 months mailer a few times, and got the $20 for 5 months just the other day. Glad I waited, better deal. I don't think they go any lower than that. No $15 'activation' fee either. (My radio is already active, you numnuts)

BEaggie08
AG
quote:
quote:
Well did it work?

I'm not up for renewal yet. End of the month. I'll report back.
Olag00
AG
I just got my invoice from SiriusXM for $181.38 for 12 months of service. I called them and told them no thanks and to cancel the service. After several declines of different offers, they finally offered the 5 month $25 subscriptions. Go from what they wanted at $15/month, to what I wanted $5/month. I told them to keep the payment type to invoice so they can't charge my credit card the full bill once it is time to renew again.
TexAg_Kyle
AG
Call and threaten to cancel
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Just call then send them a check for annual service

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.