*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

175,079 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
Ph.D.Aggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Also had a good time getting matched up against you guys last night. Our team was hella bad

Who is the A-hole was zero captures! He is not much a team player!
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Last night's run was so jekyll and hyde for me it wasn't even funny
Dat lagswitch, doe!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
Last night's run was so jekyll and hyde for me it wasn't even funny
Dat lagswitch, doe
yeah one game... other team a couple were running shotties and i had my fusion rifle out... they nailed me point blank and i just laughed while starting to charge my fusion and just vape them... was great
Saxsoon
AG
I had enough motes of light to buy one engram. I got purifier robes for my warlock. Taking that into Trials when I get the chance
Prime0882
AG
quote:
I had enough motes of light to buy one engram. I got purifier robes for my warlock. Taking that into Trials when I get the chance

Grats. Had the same result when I did that as well. Got lucky with the Titan melee exotic gloves dropped in the same fashion. Those have been awesome in IB.
MBAR
AG
Well this might be the first week with no flawless for me. Played a quick game of ToO with some randoms and that map is completely unknown to me. Not sure I'll have the time this weekend to learn it.

LOL first game I fell off the map. OOPS.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
What are the odds of that happening?
Its actually the 2nd time this week I have been matched up against Tex117. I didn't realize he was in my game the first time until he killed me and last night I didn't realize we were up against them until TheForrestFires sniped me trying to cap A and I saw the name and was like WTF?
I would never sacrifice my k/d to only hunt one or two players on the other team... (well, I would, but would fail...and did)

quote:
quote:
If I ever play against you guys in a game, I will tea bag relentlessly.
I avoided teabagging just because I didn't want to make anyone on the
Texags team mad and more motivated to roll our team of epic fail. That
and anytime I killed Tex117 he was too far away to teabag
Psh, I dont think distance has anything to do with you not teabagging me. Gotta have some tea to bag. That said, you did put a thorn right through my forehead.

I have a theory. The later you get at night, the better the players. I was rolling a positive k/d for about 2 hours last night, but right around 7-8pm it took a nose dive into some very embarrassing numbers. Maybe I was just tired. Maybe everyone else on the team was that good. Maybe I just suck, but it was a significant drop.
redbaron788
AG
Tip of the hat to dwit and telco for another 9-0 on our second try. The first go we met some tough SOBs and finished 5-3, but the second run was great even with telco trying to jinx it after eight wins
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
What are the odds of that happening?
Its actually the 2nd time this week I have been matched up against Tex117. I didn't realize he was in my game the first time until he killed me and last night I didn't realize we were up against them until TheForrestFires sniped me trying to cap A and I saw the name and was like WTF?
I would never sacrifice my k/d to only hunt one or two players on the other team... (well, I would, but would fail...and did)

quote:
quote:
If I ever play against you guys in a game, I will tea bag relentlessly.
I avoided teabagging just because I didn't want to make anyone on the
Texags team mad and more motivated to roll our team of epic fail. That
and anytime I killed Tex117 he was too far away to teabag
Psh, I dont think distance has anything to do with you not teabagging me. Gotta have some tea to bag. That said, you did put a thorn right through my forehead.

I have a theory. The later you get at night, the better the players. I was rolling a positive k/d for about 2 hours last night, but right around 7-8pm it took a nose dive into some very embarrassing numbers. Maybe I was just tired. Maybe everyone else on the team was that good. Maybe I just suck, but it was a significant drop.
My theory is having a few too many drinks by 7-8 . . .
Prime0882
AG
Think the last few weeks have seen my pvp play improve dramatically. Might help I now have a maxed out Thorn as well.

Anyone up for ToO at some time this weekend? Think 5-3 is easily doable now.
Tex117
AG
I want to see the Lighthouse. Just once. Thats all I need.

Also, all the good pvpers must be doing ToO, IB is silly easy right now.
dwit392
Ok, I got another post about exotic armor for skirmish/ ToO, but it's so long I don't want to clutter the page; Feel free to view it here and scroll down to page 5. I am just cataloging everything on this google doc.

Also just wanted to comment a few things about trials this week. This map is really not good for Trials, and I had a really hard time adjusting to/learning the map; having said that, I liked a few strategies:

Thorn feels almost required on a map this big, especially if you are running shotgun.

Shotguns + blink are very viable on this map because of the various number of walls you can jump over.

I like covering two to three lanes lanes and if one person has no one in their lane, they can flank around the map. If another has multiple people in his lane, he should fall back.
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
Tip of the hat to dwit and telco for another 9-0 on our second try. The first go we met some tough SOBs and finished 5-3, but the second run was great even with telco trying to jinx it after eight wins
Saxsoon
AG
Ok a 365 Vision of Confluence just rocks in Iron Banner. Good lord my KD has gone up considerably. Love sniping across maps with it
MBAR
AG
I can't use scout rifles in PVP. I just never find that I kill things as fast with one as I do with a hand cannon or pulse rifle.
Saxsoon
AG
I don't win in head to head mid range fights but I hang back more
Saxsoon
AG
I am working on maxing out Thorn though
Prime0882
AG
Just maxed out my Thorn and hit 34. Big difference once you max out your weapons.

Looking to hit 6 wins on two toons this week in ToO if anyone is interested.
kill0509
AG
I would definitely like to try some ToO this weekend! Can't promise i'll be any good for your team though.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
When I saw the map for ToO I just shook my head. What the hell was Bungie thinking!? I know they want to show off their new (prettiest as well) map --- but come on.. WTF?!
TelcoAg
AG
I'm jumping on my hunter - down for ToO with whoever wants to go. I can't pvp on my titan, it's infuriating.
kill0509
AG
Grabbing dinner right now, i'll be on in like 20 minutes if you're down for a ToO run telco.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Finished the PvP portion of Thorn today without cheating. Gonna need some help with Xyor if anyone is up for it.
Saxsoon
AG
Nice. Xyor strike is like a nightfall without the burn. Lots of boomers and witches drop and even 3 33s were struggling. Actually killing Xyor took 2 seconds though. If I happen to be on, message Saxsoon
Saxsoon
AG
DAMMIT SHELDON!!!
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
DAMMIT SHELDON!!!
Never forget.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
DAMMIT SHELDON!!!
Never forget.
Guuuuyyyys . . . they are teabagging me. We must go back to beat them.

Rest of team - **** that ****
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Always great coordinating a group tea bagging.. Sheldon deserved it
dwit392
Really frustrating trials experience last night. We really choked away the flawless when we were 8-0 and then lost to a better team the match after.

Midnight improved as the night went on, and I can definitely get him to the lighthouse (next weekend I hope).

I made some bad plays last night. The Highlights were definitely when midnight got the team wipe with his Titan smash and this game:

PS: also, we need to get you some discipline gear, midnight
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
Yes, that's my priority No. 1 during the week. Picked up the IB gauntlets which have at least some, need to ascend them first but they'll be an option.

I definitely felt like after the fourth-ish game I was starting to hold my own.

That was the first time Trials has been fun. Made me want to try again.
TelcoAg
AG
How about this for a final score in Control:

I've never seen a game end in a 5 pt difference.
Saxsoon
AG
Just got 5 one both of my toons. Upgraded my vision of confluence, and vestian dynasty so far as well as some boots
Beau Holder
AG
My dream is complete: being level 34 while wearing the full VoG armor set and carrying a 365 Vision of Confluence.

I'm going to want to run the Vault quite often after IB ends.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
My dream is complete: being level 34 while wearing the full VoG armor set and carrying a 365 Vision of Confluence.

I'm going to want to run the Vault quite often after IB ends.
Damn . . . that just doesn't even seem fair to the vex
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Really frustrating trials experience last night. We really choked away the flawless when we were 8-0 and then lost to a better team the match after.

Midnight improved as the night went on, and I can definitely get him to the lighthouse (next weekend I hope).

I made some bad plays last night. The Highlights were definitely when midnight got the team wipe with his Titan smash and this game:

One of the most intense games I have played.. I can post my perspective as well if people want it as it is recorded too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.