Best "drone" for under $200?

47,165 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by El Hombre Mas Guapo
dodger02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
You should get a gimbal.
I'm the dumbs.

What does a gimbal allow you to do? Rotate the camera?
boy09
AG
quote:
quote:
You should get a gimbal.
I'm the dumbs.

What does a gimbal allow you to do? Rotate the camera?
Camera stabilization

They do also allow you to control the camera angle from your transmitter.
Ag_of_08
AG
Couples of pics of the new quad I'm building to shoot aerial video. This one is a 450mm dji clone.Once I get the airframe proven and flying and get comfortable with the equipment, I want use it to do survey and wildlife videography on the marshes near my house with a gimbal mounted go pro.

You can actually get this from hobby king right now with a KK2 flight controller for 180 bucks, and put about 130 $ worth of apm gear on it, and it will do full waypoint flights.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/txaggie08/20150602_173232_zps5sm6limc.jpg[/" />

This was just a couple hours work. I still have to calibrate the flight
controller, test all the electronics and my solder connections(i changed all the ESC's to be direct plug), and balance everything.

First flight will hopefully be Sunday or Monday

My next bird will be on the tarot 650 frame with a pixhawk in it. The naza just can't do the waypoint flight i want.
atmhockey
AG
pixhawk is awesome! I liked it so much on my Iris that I built a 250 sized quad with an APM FC just for the fun of it.
Ag_of_08
AG
I like the system thus far.....we'll see if that holds after i get a receiver connected.

Ag_of_08
AG
Here's an update on mine.

bearamedic99
AG
This will be a flash deal on Amazon tomorrow at 1245 Eastern, normally $40.

YKS DIY Full Carbon Fiber Mini C250 Quadcopter Frame Kit for FPV Mini Quadcopter Part
atmhockey
AG
1245am or 1245pm?
atmhockey
AG
Latest two builds, both based on the ZMR250 frame.

and

boy09
AG
Really digging the low-profile look. I just got an Armattan Morphite 180mm frame and some DYS 3100KV motors, but i've been tied up working on a new 3D printer, haven't even messed with it. Too many hobbies and not enough hours in a day...
anteloff
Guys, same as you, I was looking for an affordable (under $200) drone for my son. I've bought Blade 350 QX3 because it was first on this list of top 10 drones under $200 it was on sale when I bought it, unfortunately it cost almost double more than $200. Anyway, list I posted may be useful for you who are still searching for a great drone for an affordable price.

Few words about Blade 350 QX3:
my son (16yrs) sucessfuly learned how to fly it, there are some very helpful tutorials on youtube.. More than 2 months now, he is enjoying with this great toy.. I think I'll buy him a gopro camera for a Christmas so he can hook it to a drone..
bearamedic99
AG
At which dollar range can your drone stay in the air longer than 10 minutes?
easttexasaggie04
AG
My $300 DJI Phantom will last 12-15 minutes.
l0u10itd4n
The issue with drones under $200 is durability in a crash and finding parts WHEN you crash. Because you will crash. Also, just a tip, never initialize them over concrete, asphalt or anything else made of or containing metal. The compass won't initialize properly, causing GPS fly-offs you read about.
devastor
AG
Really thinking of jumping on the Phantom 3. Complete noob though , but to get extra batteries and blades you are talking about $1,500. But its so so freaking slick with 4k camera and tablet for real-time viewing. im i crazy?
easttexasaggie04
AG
A co-worker of mine is selling his P3. Not sure how much...want me to ask?
coppag92
AG
The hunter becomes the hunted.

bearamedic99
AG
booo unless I own a hunter drone
rynning
AG
So what recommendations do people have this year?
Aggietaco
AG
rynning said:

So what recommendations do people have this year?
Piggybacking onto this - any decent, basic camera drones that anyone would recommend? I've been looking at the Holy Stone HS110 just to play around with.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
Anybody? I too am looking for the best value under $200.
Tailgate88
AG
Just bought this one for my son for a Christmas gift. This package includes extra batteries/blades and it's only $109. Nearly five stars on Amazon. If he really loves it then we'll upgrade to a bigger/more expensive one, but this looks like a good starting point.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XKJOIS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Bennettag06
AG
The Inductrix is all the rage right now in the Multirotor community.

By itself, the Indictrix is a great way to learn to fly inside your home without damaging anything. Add the FPV gear and now your Tiny Whoopin.

Search Tiny Whoop in YouTube. Then search Mr. Steele and see what FPV can aspire to be.

Blade BLH8500 Inductrix FPV Mini Quadcopter / Micro Drone RTF w/ 4.3 FPV Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDJGKMA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9cHvybCNXQ3F7

EACHINE VR-007 5.8G 40CH FPV Goggles Video Glasses 4.3 Inch With 7.4V 1600mAh Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AL0RM8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5VGvybCDZDQ6P
Terk
AG
What about the LaTrax from Traxxas? It looks to be a pretty decent drone for the price...

I'm finishing my second build now, ready to take to the skies!
mhayden
Def get an extra battery. Love my Phantom 3, but always a bit of a letdown when 20 or so minutes after takeoff you're "done for the day".
Bennettag06
AG

Not under $200 dollars but posting because its my first quick edit.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
What are you flying?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.