Inbox by Gmail

33,581 Views | 379 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bregxit
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there anyway to get an invite to this here?
2006EE
AG
I'm out but post you email and I bet someone has a spare invite.
HossAg
AG
Just going to use my spare email

Aggieboyconner @ gmail

TIA if anyone has an extra
drewser95
AG
quote:
Just going to use my spare email

TIA if anyone has an extra

Just sent you one.
HossAg
AG
Thanks!
HossAg
AG
This is a really cool app
BrazosDog02
AG
Just got my invite that I requested from google on the first page of this thread.

So, they are getting and responding to them. I did get a confirmation email that said I would get one ASAP.
cr0wbar
AG
I enjoy it so far! Just sent out a round of invites- I'll post back when I have more!

Anyone know how to Forward an email so far? I can't seem to find that damn thing!
Diggity
AG
Click the "3 dots" icon that's next to the message itself. Same thing you would use to reply to an email.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Just got my invite that I requested from google on the first page of this thread.

So, they are getting and responding to them. I did get a confirmation email that said I would get one ASAP.
I got an invite from Google 5 minutes after I got one from rcb on this thread.
G Martin 87
AG
Got one to give. Anyone still need an invite?
BrazosDog02
AG
I very much dislike the apparant lack of count badges indicating new messages from Gmail. It would also be nice if it pushed notifications through. Haven't gotten a single notification but Gmail is showing them. Not included or just buggy?
aggolfer
AG
dlobaugh @ gmail if anyone has an invite.
Charpie
AG
Sent
Ark03
AG
quote:
I very much dislike the apparant lack of count badges indicating new messages from Gmail. It would also be nice if it pushed notifications through. Haven't gotten a single notification but Gmail is showing them. Not included or just buggy?

I get pushed notifications from Google Inbox - not buggy for me.
aggolfer
AG
thanks!
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
quote:

I get pushed notifications from Google Inbox - not buggy for me.

As near as I can figure, the badge count shows the number of new emails sent directly to you. I'm not sure that cc's or bcc' are counted.
BrazosDog02
AG
Meh. Not working on my new android device. Really doesn't do anything at all. Gmail works. Mail app works. Inbox has no badges or notifications. Had 13 emails this morning. Inbox said nothing. Tried rebooting and uninstalling. May check a few more things before removing.
2006EE
AG
Works on my iPhone.
HossAg
AG
Works on my android
BrazosDog02
AG
It's working. At least, when I go to the notification, it opens in inbox....I guess that means it came from there.

Wierd. Anyway, it looks like notifications are working, but still no badges. Are badges available on Android for inbox or is that restricted to iOS? I have badges on Gmail, but that might be through Nova Launcher/Tesla
Ark03
AG
quote:
Wierd. Anyway, it looks like notifications are working, but still no badges. Are badges available on Android for inbox or is that restricted to iOS? I have badges on Gmail, but that might be through Nova Launcher/Tesla
If you use Nova Launcher, the unread counts/badges on the dock, drawer, and folder icons are provided by either TeslaUnread or Missed It. If you go into Nova settings, you should be able to try one or the other. I use Nova, but don't use unread counts. However, when I turned on the feature, it seems to work for texts and gmail but not for Google Inbox. When I go into configuration, I see I can turn it on for gmail (which works), and for other email providers, but I don't see Google Inbox listed. It appears they just don't support it yet.

Is there a widget that you could use instead of the icon that could show counts?
BrazosDog02
AG
Probably. I was just checking to make sure that Google Inbox/Android does not natively support unread counts...whether through Nova or Touchwiz.

Sounds like its all up and running. Most of this is related to my being new to Android too.
blinkags12
AG
I have an invite if anyone needs one. App is fantastic.
Krussian09
AG
I'd love an invite. Mj8605 at gmail.com
blinkags12
AG
Invite sent LarryTate!
Krussian09
AG
Thanks bud!
brewdawg
AG
I'd like an invite if anyone has an extra. bawebb @gmail
La Fours
AG
sent
codenameduchess
AG
Have 2 to give, just pm me a email
Ronniecoleman30
AG
Have 5 invites, if anyone needs. post here
AggieMavsfan
AG
I didn't find this app that helpful at first, but I checked my "travel" tab yesterday, and it had thumbnailed my hotel reservation, car reservation, and flight information for an upcoming kansas city trip for me. It looked like it may even populate my flight info with the gate numbers once those get decided. That will be very helpful when it's trip time, as the alternative is searching "southwest" or "marriott" in the gmail app and sorting through everything.

Also, does anyone know how to create a new "bundled" folder. For instance, say I have a 6 month on and off email chain with a pest control company, and I want to quickly reference all correspondence with them.
PTXaggie08
AG
I would love to give it a try.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I would love to give it a try.

jonathan(dot)shamlian@gmail(dot)com
done
PTXaggie08
AG
Thank you sir.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.