Inbox by Gmail

33,570 Views | 379 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bregxit
millertyme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Well apparently I can invite people. Who still needs one?

I could still use one. My username at gmail if you still have it.

Gotcha
millertyme
AG
quote:
I'll take an invite if someone is giving them out. ryan.cs at gmail

And you.
millertyme
AG
quote:
Would still like one. If someone with invites wants to pm me so I can shoot you my email, I'd really appreciate it.

I can't PM so I couldn't send you one.
Yellerjacket
bray 4,6,2 at gmail no spaces or commas.

I would love one if you have one to give!
rbcs_2
AG
quote:
quote:
Would still like one. If someone with invites wants to pm me so I can shoot you my email, I'd really appreciate it.

I can't PM so I couldn't send you one.
millertyme, thanks. Using it now.
KW02
AG
Just got mine. Thanks. Once I get invites I will send out to someone who needs one.
Chasing Trail
AG
Sent a request, but don't have an invite yet.
If anyone wants to share, k dot pennington at gmail.
I'll turn my invites back over to Texags if I get one.
Hagen95
AG
Who is still sharing invites?

username at gmail
Charpie
AG
quote:
Who is still sharing invites?

username at gmail
Do not give one to Hagen
Hagen95
AG
You shut up Charpiestaff!
jeffk
AG
I want in on the party....

jeff

keese

@gmail

No spaces obviously.

TIA.
Stasco
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Well apparently I can invite people. Who still needs one?

I could still use one. My username at gmail if you still have it.

Gotcha

Thanks. Will be back if I get any invites. Though I have a feeling they're getting close to just fully rolling it out anyway.
codenameduchess
AG
Got it, thanks reb! Anybody know how long it takes for you to be able to send invites?
KW02
AG
quote:
Got it, thanks reb! Anybody know how long it takes for you to be able to send invites?
I have the same question as my invites have not shown up yet.
Vade281
AG
Looking for an invite! jayr281 at gmail
Phat32
AG
Will share an invite as soon as I get mine
BrazosDog02
AG
I did get a response when I emailed them about trying to get an invite. They said they would send one as soon as it was possible. Nothing yet though.
tx.agg.96
AG
invite please! i too will pay it forward. ^ username at gmail
txaggie_2011
AG
I'll check back here if it gives me invites to pass out.
reb,
AG
quote:

no problem, and not sure about how long... a couple of days maybe but I would not take that to be a promise of how long it'll be before El Goog decides to bestow them upon ya'll with the 2nd generation invites. I'm all out now but if they give me anymore I'll be back to share.
Kooch 3:16
AG
Invite if you can. Shagbird at gmail
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm starting to use it more and more. I've started using it on my desktop today, and on my phone I've turned off notifications from the gmail app and moved the Inbox app to my main row.

While usually when a provider rolls out a new way of using their service I usually hate it (read, every other change that gmail has made over the years, facebook,etc). This really is a pretty good way of moving forward. Especially dealing with all of the crap emails you get overnight every night
rbcs_2
AG
I really like the desktop version. I forgot that I had the app installed on my phone until this morning because I'm so used to seeing the gmail notifications. Need to turn that off.

Still no invites, but it's only been about 24 hours.

I did have a minor freak out yesterday. There was this 6 month old invoice that I never opened in gmail since it is automatically paid. I typically open all email, but this one fell through the cracks. Yesterday, I received a new message from something else, and Inbox had collected all new messages in a group. Well this old unopened bill showed up in that group and I started to get a little pissed off because I thought I was getting re-invoiced. After about 5 minutes of digging around I realized what had happened.
RyanC
AG
I'd like an invite too. Username + 423 at gmail
ChipFTAC01
AG
I can't figure out how to change the notification sound on the app to my "email sound". I've been using the same old Blackberry email notification since 2004.

It just defaults to my default notification sound unless I'm missing an option somewhere.
aggolfer
AG
invite please to dlobaugh
GarlandAg2012
AG
Got an invite from a buddy who works at google... So far I like it but and I turned off gmail notifications and have inbox notifications turned on but haven't been receiving them... Is there anything you have to do besides going in and checking yes on notifications for the accounts you want alerts for?
Aggiethruthicknthin
AG
quote:
Got an invite from a buddy who works at google... So far I like it but and I turned off gmail notifications and have inbox notifications turned on but haven't been receiving them... Is there anything you have to do besides going in and checking yes on notifications for the accounts you want alerts for?
I have been getting the inbox notifications, but they dont seem to pop up as quickly as gmail ones did. If im at my desk I usually see the email online before on my phone. When I had not turned off gmail notifications they would pop up a few minutes before the inbox notifications.

On a sidenote:
Got it sunday morning and still haven't been able to send invites
ChipFTAC01
AG
Anybody having problems with it crashing (the desktop version)?
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
Anybody having problems with it crashing (the desktop version)?
Not sure exactly what you mean by crashing but I have been having intermittent problems accessing the desktop version - I thought it might be due to the flaky firewall I'm behind at work but maybe it is on the Google side. I get a network connection error in Chrome.

I got access a day after the original release last week but still haven't gotten any invites to send. Overall I really like it, though.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Occasionally when I try to load an email it crashes and I get a "oops, we crashed!" message that I think comes from gmail (and not from chrome).

Next time it happens, I'll screenshot it.
cr0wbar
AG
if anyone has invites

crowblake at gmail
La Fours
AG
quote:
Invite if you can. Shagbird at gmail
Invite sent.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I'd like an invite too. Username + 423 at gmail
Sent you an invite.
RyanC
AG
Gracias

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.