Inbox by Gmail

33,524 Views | 379 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bregxit
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nai06
AG
I am le sad. I love inbox.
Vernada
AG
Meh. I never really liked it. However, I did love the 'Schedule' feature. I thought that was being rolled out to gmail. I even thought it was available for a short time on my iOS ap.

Anyway, I want that feature added to gmail. Otherwise there wasn't anything about inbox that made we want to leave Gmail.
Al Bula
AG
I don't think Google gets there are some things you just don't need to improve upon or innovate further. Rarely ever do I sign into my gmail account on a computer; I check it through the stock Mail app in iOS. If I need to transfer a file from phone or work computer I'll email it to myself and save it from the web interface but that's it.

Gmail is just an intermediate place to store things like concert ticket PDFs, travel docs that will eventually go into the Apple wallet or password reset links. Very little about traditional email is useful these days.
aTm2004
AG
Same. Outside of work, 99% of my email is done on my phone/tablet via the native iOS app.
kb2001
AG
Inbox is awesome. It makes dealing with the clutter so much easier, I'm going to miss it
Vernada
AG
don't know if I've been missing it before, or if it just recently showed up, but Gmail does have a 'snooze' feature now.
Charpie
AG
I loved it, but isn't search functionality sucked.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh. Gonna miss Inbox.

It's gonna suck losing the Promos / Purchases / Finance categories that I've worked hard on organizing over the years.

WIll all the emails I've hit "Done" on all appear in my Gmail? If so, that's gonna suck serious ace.
kb2001
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ugh. Gonna miss Inbox.

It's gonna suck losing the Promos / Purchases / Finance categories that I've worked hard on organizing over the years.

WIll all the emails I've hit "Done" on all appear in my Gmail? If so, that's gonna suck serious ace.
I checked mine, they don't appear in the inbox in gmail. I think the "Done" switch just removes the "inbox" tag from the email, emails still retain the category tags. It's going to be really annoying to keep my inbox clean now, the quick "Done" feature is awesome
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, at least the tags are staying.
aggie_wes
AG
I tried going back to Gmail for a day and hated it. WTF am I going to do now?
Bregxit
AG
kb2001 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ugh. Gonna miss Inbox.

I checked mine, they don't appear in the inbox in gmail. I think the "Done" switch just removes the "inbox" tag from the email, emails still retain the category tags. It's going to be really annoying to keep my inbox clean now, the quick "Done" feature is awesome

How is it different than the quick archive feature in gmail?
kb2001
AG
dlance said:

kb2001 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ugh. Gonna miss Inbox.

How is it different than the quick archive feature in gmail?
Good call, it appears to have the same result
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Decided to do the switchover today, and couldn't figure out why seemingly most of my emails wouldn't display in my Primary or "All Inboxes", then I realized it's all the emails which I had swiped "Done" on in Inbox and are now without a label.

Guess I've gotta find a way to filter all those and delete them, cause now they're cluttering up my Important folder.
cr0wbar
AG
ive just decided to give up on emails forever
rbcs_2
AG
cr0wbar said:

ive just decided to give up on emails forever
Your life will be better for it.
Jason_Ag98
AG
My app quit working this morning.

RIP
flintdragon
AG
what gets me are the ads in the gmail app. Ridiculous. I would pay to remove them at this point.
PincheDriller
AG
Keyboard shortcuts "e" + adblocker. Setup priority inbox and you are good. The mobile app supports priority inbox too
Vernada
AG
flintdragon said:

what gets me are the ads in the gmail app. Ridiculous. I would pay to remove them at this point.

I'm not sure what I'm doing right or you're doing wrong, but I'm not sure I've noticed ads in ages. If they are there I'm certainly not noticing them.
Bregxit
AG
Vernada said:

flintdragon said:

I'm not sure what I'm doing right or you're doing wrong, but I'm not sure I've noticed ads in ages. If they are there I'm certainly not noticing them.

Same here. I don't recall ever having ads in Gmail. I certainly do not right now.
cr0wbar
AG
I refuse to check my emails on my phone. The pain is real
Jethro95
AG
Swipe options finally showed up for me in gmail for iOS today. That was the biggest missing feature for me so I can't complain too much anymore.
flintdragon
AG

Y'all don't see this?!?
Jethro95
AG
I don't see any ads in the app. Never have.
chipotle
Is this supposed to affect Outlook or anything else? I've been getting errors since the 2nd.
hatchback
AG
I get these ads in the promotions box and the social box, but never in the primary box.
rbcs_2
AG
flintdragon said:

Y'all don't see this?!?
I get those and doesn't bother me in the slightest considering it's a free service.
Vernada
AG
I have seen those before. But it's been a long time since they've shown up.
Bregxit
AG
I've never seen an ad in the Gmail app. Looking at Gmail on desktop, don't see any ads there either and don't recall ever seeing any.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.