*** GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 ***

92,303 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dreyOO
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, he was definitely there in one of the dancing boxes.
chipotle
cena05 said:

I liked it, but felt like they doubled down on the comedy style from the first and many jokes just weren't great. I didn't connect at all with the emotional scene towards the end. Thought the action was great.

Pretty much. Didn't connect with the whole "he ain't your daddy" and Sisters thing.
The Collective
AG
Way too many one liners in the marketing material... that's one of my few complaints. Fun ride though.
jac4
AG
wangus12 said:

I Am Groot

I am Groot?
jeffk
AG
Trash Panda
Whos Juan
AG
You look like Mary Poppins
wangus12
AG
Is he cool?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
"Tazerface"
Farmer1906
AG
Damn right he was cool.

Farmer1906
AG
Vol 2 did 17 M yesterday. That tops Beauty & the Beast for biggest "midnight" showing of the year.
Post removed:
by user
Deputy Travis Junior
I loved it.
  • It was really freaking funny. Maybe not quite a comedic masterpiece as a few too many jokes didn't work, but if it wasn't, it was darn close. It serves up Arrested Development-esque dysfunction humor alongside tons of smartass wisecracking. That's a great combo.
  • People don't usually watch Marvel movies for the computer-generated visuals, but make sure you appreciate them this go round. They are freaking spectacular; I'd say it's the "prettiest" scifi movie since Avatar.
  • I thought the plot was fine. Weird as hell, but it worked, so whatever.
SeattleAgJr
third coast.. said:

I enjoyed it. Also it's only $3.36 for a movie on Texas city, which I love.
to be fair, Texas City is still stuck in the 70s.
Post removed:
by user
MooreTrucker
AG
Watched the first one today in preparation for seeing #2 Sunday night at 8.
AliasMan02
AG
Thought it was really good. Not the shocking surprise that GotG was, of course, but honestly might have been funnier overall.

Total standalone. Really the first MCU standalone since... Iron Man? And even it had a bunch of SHIELD setup stuff in it and Fury showing up at the end. I think they said the words "Infinity Stone" maybe twice. That's the only crossover reference I can think of other than Stan Lee.
AliasMan02
AG
Oh, also

totally called the teenage Groot thing.
Post removed:
by user
AliasMan02
AG
third coast.. said:

Did anyone see it in 3d? Might go see out again just to check that out
I didn't but it seemed like there were a lot of "made for 3D" moments
Post removed:
by user
snowdog90
Just got out. Very good movie, and I would say, better than the first. I am actually very pleasantly surprised.
Philip J Fry
AG
aggie1906 said:

Quote:

Jeff Goldblum's character from Thor: Ragnarok hidden in the credits?
I thought the same thing but decided I was wrong.

Definitely him.
Fairview
AG
We saw it in 3D and it's cool. Overall awesome movie. I loved it, my 10 and 11 year old loved it, teenagers in front of us loved it and creepy dude on my row by himself really, really, REALLY loved it.

I actually thought Starlord getting the Microsoft Zune was hilarious. Not going with the obvious iPod was genius.
SeattleAgJr
AliasMan02 said:

Oh, also

totally called the teenage Groot thing.
Gunn called that out in several interviews a few weeks back, so not really a secret.
Philo B 93
Good popcorn flick. I liked the first one more, which seems to be normal for this movie. Was the first better because it was original or just because it was better? I'm going to have to say it was better just because it was better.

This one felt more like watching the actors film EVERYTHING in front of a green screen. The SFX were good, but I could have gone for a few more non-SFX scenes just so I didn't feel like the whole movie was filmed in a 20 x 20 studio.
Southlake
I Possible spoilers. Enter at your own risk!

Beautiful movie. Loved it!

Expanded and added depth to the characters.

Thought they could have done more with Gamora, in fact, I had heard they were going to explore her background more, but that wasn't the case. Conversely and surprisingly Nebula was humanized with much more screen time.

Youdu- Starlord-Rocket

Rocket was simply the best. Commanded every scene he was in. Just love him!!

Drax really opened up. Not so angry. Very funny too

Music was not quite as good, but the same vibe.

Just so much fun!! Can't wait for the next!! Bravo!!
Post removed:
by user
TooTall 06
AG
Wow....that was bad. Liked the first one, this one...not so much. This was terrible. I know it is not supposed to be a comedy masterpiece, but the jokes were lame and sophomoric on the level of a transformers movie.

The visuals were awesome and the music was great, but this was Star Wars Episode 1 cringe worthy.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TooTall 06 said:

Wow....that was bad. Liked the first one, this one...not so much. This was terrible. I know it is not supposed to be a comedy masterpiece, but the jokes were lame and sophomoric on the level of a transformers movie.

The visuals were awesome and the music was great, but this was Star Wars Episode 1 cringe worthy.

While I understand some may not like it as much as the first, I'd say your opinion isn't going to be shared by many more.

I thought it was f-ing hilarious. Just so much fun.

The Zune, Mary Poppins, hell....the whole sequence with Yondu and Rocket trying to explain to Groot about the fin with Groot coming back with random sh*t was just so hilarious. A severed toe? That's Transformers level humor?

Tazer Face? How were you not laughing at that?

Oh, and great post-credit scenes. The Watchers, Adam Warlock.....really good stuff for comic fans.
Saxsoon
AG
Movie was funnier than the first, it was not better though. Which is fine, it is still upper echelon of the Marvel-verse

My biggest problem with the movie was that while funny, it relied TOO much on Groot and was a little too quick to undercut a scene with a cutaway gag.
mslags97
AG
I loved it! So stinkin funny! Maybe not as good a movie as the first, but it was still a great movie in that it was just flat-out fun. Drax stole the show!!!
TooTall 06
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

TooTall 06 said:

While I understand some may not like it as much as the first, I'd say your opinion isn't going to be shared by many more.

I thought it was f-ing hilarious. Just so much fun.

The Zune, Mary Poppins, hell....the whole sequence with Yondu and Rocket trying to explain to Groot about the fin with Groot coming back with random sh*t was just so hilarious. A severed toe? That's Transformers level humor?

Tazer Face? How were you not laughing at that?

Yeah, there were moments where it was funny, but the ***** jokes, un-necessary swearing, copius amounts of CG, and a predictable and overused plot line made it seem like it was trying too hard. I'm sure that I'll be in the minority, eh, oh well. It was nice to have a night out without the kid.
Post removed:
by user
Sea Pony 07
AG
I saw it in 3D XD. Totally worth it for the opening scene and fights.
JD Shellnut
AG
Drax was great. Every time he would let out one of his big belly laughs, it would crack me up!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.