Ghostbusters trailer

47,468 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Icecream_Ag
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Looks mediocre...at best. Looks like a typical Paul Feig movie inserted into Ghostbusters.

As to the continuity questions: this is a reboot, not a continuation. All of the original cast except for Ramis (dead) and Moranis (retired) are making cameos but not as their original characters.
If true, that is a truly horrible idea.

Still holding out hope. And McKinnon as the female doppleganger to the cartoon Egon is the best thing about this whole movie.
jackie childs
I think the only thing that could save this film at this point would be some sort of Ray Parker Jr and Bobby Brown collaboration on the soundtrack
Professor Frick
AG
It sucks that these very talented and funny women will inevitably be blamed for this not being funny, when in fact it's Paul Feig's fault. He's a fine comedic director, but his writing is mediocre. They really should have gotten a MUCH stronger comedy writer.
jr15aggie
AG
Doesn't look horrible... but I wasn't laughing and I am not compelled to see it.

I think Ghostbusters 2 already proved some things are better left alone!
Silvertaps
AG
girl power movement...at the expense of a classic
wangus12
AG
quote:
That was aggressively mediocre. Nothing remotely funny, amusing, or intriguing in that trailer.
My thoughts exactly. Even the music was meh
AGinHI
AG
quote:
I can't get over the fact they made Kate McKinnon look identical to Egon from the cartoon

I can't get over the fact that anyone other than myself watched the cartoon--well, at my age. I believe I was around 13-14.

Dro07
AG
quote:
quote:
I can't get over the fact they made Kate McKinnon look identical to Egon from the cartoon

I can't get over the fact that anyone other than myself watched the cartoon--well, at my age. I believe I was around 13-14.

who stopped watching cartoons?
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
No matter how this movie turns out, its not going to change how people view the original.
AGinHI
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

who stopped watching cartoons?

I certainly haven't--Teen Titans every Saturday morning with my boys--but, I felt pretty guilty as a 14-year-old.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
I was holding out hope and defended the all-female cast idea from the get-go, but I have to admit... this looks pretty bad.

The all female cast didn't automatically make it bad but they still had to go out and make a good movie. Right now it doesn't look like they did.
Really???
This trailer gave me cancer.
double aught
AG
Why was Egon blonde in the cartoon anyway?
BigRobSA
Looks stupid , above and beyond the horrible casting.
Mr. White
LOL! "Ow, that's gonna leave a mark!!" LOL!!!

She said, "Ow, that's gonna leave a mark!!"

This is going to be a classic, y'all!!!!!
Silvertaps
AG
quote:
quote:
No matter how this movie turns out, its not going to change how people view the original.

There is a lot of room between the original, and a disaster. They could have at least attempted to shoot in the middle.
dave94
AG
I'm travelling today so haven't had a chance to watch it, but all I'm seeing on FB is people can't wait to see the movie now.
TCTTS
AG
That's because you're on Facebook.
OasisMan
AG
oh my

that looks bad
Btron
AG
McCarthy keeps on delivering in my book. When I think something looks dumb or she's done, I'm wrong. Spy, Heat, SNL. She's really funny and extremely talented.
Buuuut this looks bad not s Lesile Jones fan at all. And don't eff with one of my favorite childhood movies.
AliasMan02
AG
McCarthy whips my ass something fierce. Don't know what it is about her. I even think she's funny, but only in the smallest of doses.
Al Bula
AG
I stand by my statement in this thread:

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2594410/3#discussion

This movie will f cking suck and anyone who thinks it is funny is a moron.
agdoc2001
AG
quote:
McCarthy keeps on delivering in my book. When I think something looks dumb or she's done, I'm wrong. Spy, Heat, SNL. She's really funny and extremely talented.

I award you no points.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Btron
AG
quote:
quote:

I award you no points.

Well I'm not playing your game. I'm playing my game and I'm leading in points.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
I stand by my statement in this thread:

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2594410/3#discussion

This movie will f cking suck and anyone who thinks it is funny is a moron.

What if it doesn't suck?
chipotle
quote:
Buuuut this looks bad not s Lesile Jones fan at all. And don't eff with one of my favorite childhood movies.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I know shes not seen as a hotty by too many but something about Kristin Wiig makes her hot to me. Love lookin ar her.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
Why was Egon blonde in the cartoon anyway?
There was weird continuity in the cartoon. It was made from the perspective that the Ghostbusters movie was made about these cartoon characters who were the "real Ghostbusters". The cartoon characters even commented about the actors that "played them" I think.
mazag08
AG
I went from skeptical about this to absolutely hell no.

The original was a comedy in that comedians interlaced a serious, almost creepy vibe of a movie with comedic value. It wasn't campy or over the top.

This is campy and over the top. Ghostbusters is not a Saturday Night Live skit.

Definitely avoiding this. Way to sell out Dan.
TresPuertas
AG
No. Just....no
Average Joe
AG
This movie looks terrible. Like someone else said, the female cast thing was fine, but not this one. I also hate how Hollywood's is taking great movies with solid comedic relief and making them over the top comedies. The first one had funny quips and one liners, not this Bridesmaids style humor.
G Martin 87
AG
Nope. Terrible trailer. Epically bad.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Much improved fan edit of the trailer:

How is it possible that a fan could create such a monumentally improved trailer? Those marketing people should be shown the door.
BlueAg2003
AG
For those of you saying you're fine with an all female cast, just not this one...who would you cast instead?
AgEng06
AG
Wow. That was so much better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.