Ghostbusters trailer

47,201 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Icecream_Ag
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going in for a $70million+ loss!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-heading-70m-loss-sequel-918515?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_2016-08-10%2005:30:00_ARahman&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews

This makes me very happy.

It was a blah movie and did not need to be made. It was tepid and uninspiring.

Add to that the SJW/feminist orgasm over this before and after release, I am happy this failed and failed bad.
JJxvi
AG
Are people really rooting for or against movie franchises and entertainment stuff like sports teams now too? Its annoying enough that people talk smack and have "teams" in politics.
jabberwalkie09
AG
SJW bull**** aside, after I saw this I was definitely rooting for it to fail.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Maybe we should write marvel and dc fight songs.
SeattleAgJr
the movie was... tepid.
It was boring. It brought nothing to the story or the franchise.

There was no need for it whatsoever, other than act as a SJW circle jerk so Sony could claim it was not sexist in its movie roles.

So yes, rooting against it is easy.

Same as anything else that is not needed.

It is like the FF movie. Why did they have to go and make Johnny Storm black? There was not need for it. Hell you could have still had the black father, just made him a stepfather, or adoptive father, and included more diversity.

No need to change the core character because of "muh diversity".
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Maybe we should write marvel and dc fight songs.
nah.

Marvel is the Fighting Texas Aggie Band, and DC is the Rice Mob.

No need for additional comparisons.
TresPuertas
AG
quote:
Are people really rooting for or against movie franchises and entertainment stuff like sports teams now too? Its annoying enough that people talk smack and have "teams" in politics.
Its going to be hard for me to like anything when its constantly being shoved in my face that if I don't like it, its probably because a have some sort of deep seeded hatred of women.

I wanted this movie to fail because a political segment took one of my favorite movies from my childhood and MADE it political. Its a movie about fighting ghosts. Why did we have to make it so much more?

If this was just female ghostbusters and nothing else, I wouldn't have this opinion, but because it was a bull**** move to make this into so much more, yeah, I'm really glad it failed.

and once again, no matter what these people do and how much they try to influence the outcomes, the free market ALWAYS prevails.
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:

This was the first time I hoped like hell a movie would fail and I'm glad it did.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I wanted this movie to fail because this movie has prevented us from getting the Ghostbusters movie that we all wanted: Dan Akroyd's version.

He had been going through revision after revision, but the last one I heard about (before this one was announced) was going to be the original cast members (again, this was before Ramis' untimely passing) passing the Ghostbusters business onto another group of younger actors (one of the names I heard passed around all the time was Seth Rogen), who would then take over the franchise for future sequels. Murray would never commit to a script, so the last I heard was he wanted to be a ghost in a cameo only.

Instead, Ramis passed away, Akroyd had to scramble and then the studio went their own direction and hired Feig to do some weird reboot thing with an all-female cast.

Again, I don't care about the cast.....what I care about is that they f-ed everything up by doing it as some hybrid feminist reboot that never seemed certain just what the hell it was. If the original crew had passed the proton packs to this female cast and they continued from there, I would have been fine with it.

But that's not what we got. We got a SJW reboot and it failed because no one wanted a reboot. We didn't want a movie that refuses to acknowledge the first ones existed.

And thanks to this massive failure, we'll never get the Ghostbusters sequel we wanted in the first place. Thanks for f-ing everything up, gals.
BlueAg2003
AG
I see you listing a bunch of men's names up there as the reason your version didn't make it. Then you blame it on women. That doesn't really make sense. It isn't the actors faults that they accepted parts to the script that was written....by men.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Going in for a $70million+ loss!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-heading-70m-loss-sequel-918515?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_2016-08-10%2005:30:00_ARahman&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews

This makes me very happy.

It was a blah movie and did not need to be made. It was tepid and uninspiring.

Add to that the SJW/feminist orgasm over this before and after release, I am happy this failed and failed bad.

Hopefully this will discourage studios from playing politics with classic franchises.
JJxvi
AG
Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis and Ivan Reitman already made a ****tier Ghostbusters movie than this one.
TresPuertas
AG
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/anne-hathaway-rihanna-join-female-oceans-eleven-spinoff-152905663.html

"Hey we just lost $70 million on this exact model.

LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!"

No better way to combat sexism and 'equal pay' issues in Hollywood than to lose tens of millions of dollars and look like idiots in the process. They really are just making themselves look stupid at this point in time.

VanZandt92
quote:
quote:
Its going to be hard for me to like anything when its constantly being shoved in my face that if I don't like it, its probably because a have some sort of deep seeded hatred of women.

I wanted this movie to fail because a political segment took one of my favorite movies from my childhood and MADE it political. Its a movie about fighting ghosts. Why did we have to make it so much more?

If this was just female ghostbusters and nothing else, I wouldn't have this opinion, but because it was a bull**** move to make this into so much more, yeah, I'm really glad it failed.

and once again, no matter what these people do and how much they try to influence the outcomes, the free market ALWAYS prevails.

Yeah that's why BBC has had so many great shows over the years, the free market.

Free market is what has given us risk aversion. It hasn't consistently given us better movies.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis and Ivan Reitman already made a ****tier Ghostbusters movie than this one.
I'd rather watch the inferior sequel written by and starring the original cast members than this weird reboot that disregards what we all already knew and loved.
JJxvi
AG
I watched about 30 minutes of it after watching the original on some channel the weekend the new one came out. Turned it off. Wooof.
oragator
I still can't fully explain or rationalize my hatred for this movie, but yes, thrilled it failed.
I think it's a combination of just throwing another tired retread up on screen and expecting to simply roll in money for their remarkably unoriginal idea, the almost mythically bad trailer, the cast choices, and then the feeble defenses blaming mysoginism for all their troubles.
I want to see Hollywood start to lose money on dumb ideas like this. I wanted it to happen with BVS too, but too many of you paid them off for it.
PatAg
AG
I mean..i think what a lot of you are thinking but not articulating, is that it just looked like a money grab movie being made with talent women in it. I assume Wiig and McCarthy are doing it so that they can then do a "passion project" movie(plus tons of money to be in it in the first place).

Studios just aren't always so blatant about it as this movie was.
AliasMan02
AG
I'm happy it failed because the whole production showed such contempt for the public. It feels like the whole thing was thrown together by done executive with a computer and some market analysis. "Throw this out there. It'll make money."
VanZandt92
So yall don't think taking a 12 year old to this is worthwhile? Serious question.
Fairview
AG
My 10 year has seen the original and liked it but it doesn't have the nostalgia it does for me. He thought the new one was great. Probably a combination of humor at that age and the nostalgia thing I mentioned.

Personally I went in thinking it was going to be crap and came out thinking it was meh so it out did my expectations.
TresPuertas
AG
quote:
I'm happy it failed because the whole production showed such contempt for the public. It feels like the whole thing was thrown together by done executive with a computer and some market analysis. "Throw this out there. It'll make money."

Well said.

And to add a little to this, the press basically accused anyone of not liking it of being a sexist. Nobody ever owned that they made a ****ty movie.
wesag
AG
Wife and kids saw it and liked it.
Sex Panther
AG
Only thing that didn't suck about this movie was Thor, who was hilarious. Dance routine was good.
wichoAggie06
Saw it last night. Did not like it.
All the jokes felt so forced, like their intention was to position joke after joke no matter it did not follow the flow of the movie.

And sorry but that black lady is so ugly and annoying. Don't understand why she is in this movie.
mazag08
AG
Finally saw it. Worse than I expected.. mainly because it actually had potential. But the actresses were not good, the jokes were awful, and the forced feminism / all males are dumb as a rock theme killed it.

Ending was also terrible.
oragator
I finally watched this, it was as crappy as I expected it to be. The men were the dumb ones, the women the heroes, no originality in the plot, maybe two or three funny scenes, and completely forgettable. I would almost go so far as to say an insult to the original.
Female leads in roles are In many cases great, but this was nothing more than a mindless PC money grab that deserved what it got.
Phat32
AG
This movie was absolute garbage.
jr15aggie
AG
As a child of the 80s I love the original... Haven't seen this new one and sounds like I didn't miss much!
Icecream_Ag
S
Caught this on some movie channel, maybe starz.

Many of you are very polite in calling this movie crap. Other than special effects, this piece of hot garbage makes battlefield earth look like gone with the wind. OK that's obvious hyperbole, but it is a good awful movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.