Ghostbusters trailer

47,371 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Icecream_Ag
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Much improved fan edit of the trailer:

How is it possible that a fan could create such a monumentally improved trailer? Those marketing people should be shown the door.
Way better trailer. Somebody give that person a job.
p_bubel
Wow. They should hire the person that made that new trailer.
jackie childs
quote:
For those of you saying you're fine with an all female cast, just not this one...who would you cast instead?
fair question and i'll give it some more thought later, but off the top of my head and without just listing a bunch of mega A-listers:

Venkman role- Anna Kendrick or Emma Stone
Ray role- Aisha Tyler or Linda Cardellini
Egon role- Mindy Kaling or Kristen Bell
Winston role- Maya Rudolph or Aubrey Plaza
powerbelly
AG
quote:
For those of you saying you're fine with an all female cast, just not this one...who would you cast instead?
Anyone but Wiig and McCarthy.
Philo B 93
quote:

I wouldn't cast this movie with female leads, period. There's too many funny guys out right now that could do this. Anyone from the "Hangover" group to the "Old School" group would be great. Shut up.

I'm fine with an all female comedy. I watched 9-to-5 AND Bridesmaids. Let's do another one. Do a road trip, or a girls weekend movie, or a show about soccer moms. But Ghostbusters is Guy material, and it always has been.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BlueAg2003
AG
quote:
fair question and i'll give it some more thought later, but off the top of my head and without just listing a bunch of mega A-listers:

I think that McKinnon will be the best one in this film hands down. I'm already excited about her "look" and think she'll pull off a great Egon equivalent. I support your Anna Kendrick suggestion, only because I'm also madly in love with her (as I am McKinnon). Aubrey Plaza is an interesting idea.

I'm ok with the casting decisions for the most part (minus Leslie Jones...how she is on SNL is beyond me. She has one character, Angry Black Woman). I would probably keep everyone, but her. If I had to remove anyone else and sub in someone else, I would probably remove McCarthy and put in Poehler or Fey.
Humorous Username
AG
quote:

I'm ok with the casting decisions for the most part (minus Leslie Jones...how she is on SNL is beyond me. She has one character, Angry Black Woman). I would probably keep everyone, but her.

Lorne Michaels was guilted into putting her in front of the camera by the social justice warrior crowd.
CowtownAg06
AG
quote:
quote:
Why was Egon blonde in the cartoon anyway?
There was weird continuity in the cartoon. It was made from the perspective that the Ghostbusters movie was made about these cartoon characters who were the "real Ghostbusters". The cartoon characters even commented about the actors that "played them" I think.
I don't think that's exactly right...

There is an episode of the cartoon that I remember being told as a flashback and I think was about how Slimer came to be their friend. It begins with them all getting back to the house after the Stay Puft confrontation. The fact that I'm writing this marks my peak as a nerd.
JJxvi
AG
Mr. White
Was that Lorenzo Music (Garfield)?
JJxvi
AG
Lorenzo Music was Venkman (and Bill Murray was Garfield!)
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
Lorenzo Music was Venkman (and Bill Murray was Garfield!)
Lorenzo Music was the voice of the animated Garfield
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:

I think that McKinnon will be the best one in this film hands down. I'm already excited about her "look" and think she'll pull off a great Egon equivalent. I support your Anna Kendrick suggestion, only because I'm also madly in love with her (as I am McKinnon). Aubrey Plaza is an interesting idea.

I'm ok with the casting decisions for the most part (minus Leslie Jones...how she is on SNL is beyond me. She has one character, Angry Black Woman). I would probably keep everyone, but her. If I had to remove anyone else and sub in someone else, I would probably remove McCarthy and put in Poehler or Fey.
She has one character, and it's not even funny.
PatAg
AG
quote:
We are fine with all female casts in OTHER movies, just not this one. Notice the emphasis.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I posted this in the last thread and I stand by it:

I think the reason this I don't see this being good is that I don't care that there are women in it. The people making it care that there are women in it. When your whole casting is set up as away to further a political agenda, then I usually don't find those movies entertaining.

Plus the casting in the original was so legendary, it was a bunch of comedians at the top of the food chain. Kristen Wiig might be in the top 5 for women comedians. McCarthy might be top 10. In the grand scheme of things, these names are just not a huge draw.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I posted this in the last thread and I stand by it:

I think the reason this I don't see this being good is that I don't care that there are women in it. The people making it care that there are women in it. When your whole casting is set up as away to further a political agenda, then I usually don't find those movies entertaining.

Plus the casting in the original was so legendary, it was a bunch of comedians at the top of the food chain. Kristen Wiig might be in the top 5 for women comedians. McCarthy might be top 10. In the grand scheme of things, these names are just not a huge draw.

The stars were also the creative force behind the original. That's a big deal.
dave94
AG
I really don't think this is an agenda thing so much as "how can we take an existing property and make it different? I know! Make them all women!"

It's more of a possible swing-and-miss creative idea than someone trying to make a statement.
BMX Bandit
Kate McKinnon should just do this bit the entire movie. Its awesome

The Debt
quote:

Maya rudolph, ellie kemper, Retta (parks and rec), and Kate upton
Al Bula
AG
Women just aren't funny enough to carry an entire movie, and when you have a fat comedian and an angry black woman (that stereotype is terrifying and not funny) and you put those in a legendary movie franchise, people will reject it quickly.
Bruce Almighty
AG
They carried Bridesmaids
AliasMan02
AG
Have to admit I do like the variety of new weapons.
SeattleAgJr
This is MUCH better.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b9f50fe909/bros-react-to-ghostbusters-trailer?_cc=__d___&_ccid=f6da8679bf1cc640
cr06gis
AG
my hatred of that annoying black lady from snl kills any interest i might have in watching this
BTKAG97
AG
quote:
They carried Bridesmaids
Bridesmaids was awful.
double aught
AG
quote:
quote:
They carried Bridesmaids
Bridesmaids was awful.
TexasAggie_02
AG
lucky for us, looks like they dropped about 90% of the plot in that trailer. wait for it to come on HBO, and watch the last 15 mins. Or don't. actually, just don't.
dave94
AG
I don't know many people who thought Bridesmaids wasn't funny.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
I remember laughing at some parts, I just don't remember more than 10 seconds of that movie right now.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
Why was Egon blonde in the cartoon anyway?
That was back when diversity meant having a blonde & brunette white person in the cast.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
The airplane part was funny when Kristen Wiig was drunk and high on pills. Otherwise that movie licked taint.

So in my opinion, that all female cast was a big bucket of fail.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
It was funny, but entirely forgettable.
Flashdiaz
AG
can't wait for the all female Expendables.
Simplebay
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.