Peeps vs the juice

70,960 Views | 597 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jimmy McNulty
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Made me laugh more than anything in a long time. Give Vance all the Emmys.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:

Best part of the episode.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:

Best part of the episode.

best part for sure. And she looked pretty damn fine. Who is that actress?
agracer
AG
quote:
Anyone catch how they cut to OJ praising an episode of Seinfeld at the poker game right after the scene of the black and white jurors divided between Martin and Seinfeld? Just another subtle reminder of how OJ had abandoned the black community.
saw that and said something out loud when it happened.
agracer
AG
Am I the only one here looking up all kinds of episode recaps, vanity fair fact checks, and all kinds of other information about the trial since this series started to air?

I didn't really pay much attention when it happened and was pretty shocked the verdict was not guilty, but I just didn't listen to the nightly recaps on the news.
Kellso
quote:
Am I the only one here looking up all kinds of episode recaps, vanity fair fact checks, and all kinds of other information about the trial since this series started to air?

I didn't really pay much attention when it happened and was pretty shocked the verdict was not guilty, but I just didn't listen to the nightly recaps on the news.
Im old enough to remember this case and everything that went with it. One of my "Getting Old" Moments was meeting kids who were born in the early 90's that did not remember the OJ trial at all.

The OJ Simpson trial was amazing. It was the nations first reality television show/movie. All the people involved (Lance Ito, Marcia Clark, Darden, Cochran, Shapiro, Kardashian) all became famous.

It had sex, race, class, sports, Hollywood, murder of two beautiful people......and even the Kardashians.. All of this was on television every single day for the 2nd half of 1994 and almost all of 1995.

The first time I ever heard the name Kim Kardashian my first thought was if she was related to the OJ lawyer.

Can you imagine being Marcia Clark and spending the first 40 years of your life as a normal person and then suddenly being on television every single day for nearly 1.5 years?

Can you imagine being a jury member and being sequestered from your friends, family, tv (internet barely existed back in 1995) for 8 months???
jbanda
AG
I feel like Robert Kardashian is coming off as the most sympathetic character on the show (besides the families of the murdered). Imagine finding out a lifelong friend is accused of murder and slowly coming to the realization that he actually did it. Also...he dies and his family goes to crap.
Scotch
AG
I watched way too much of the trial and I feel most of the casting and portrayal of the principal players is spot on, aside from not making O.J. seem tall. The lone exception to the awesome cast is Lance Ito, to me it doesn't really look like him at all and is actually distracting.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Joan Wilder
AG
I feel like Kardashian is getting a really nice edit on this show. He legit had doubts and I'm sure struggled with his role in getting OJ off, however he also reactivated his law license to join OJ's defense team in what appears to be a pretty obvious move not to be called as a material witness or potential accomplice after the fact.
TXAG 05
AG
"The first time I ever heard the name Kim Kardashian my first thought was if she was related to the OJ lawyer"

Same here
dave94
AG
quote:
I feel like Kardashian is getting a really nice edit on this show. He legit had doubts and I'm sure struggled with his role in getting OJ off, however he also reactivated his law license to join OJ's defense team in what appears to be a pretty obvious move not to be called as a material witness or potential accomplice after the fact.
But to be fair, he joined the legal team very early in the game. If my best friend was on trial and I truly thought he was innocent then I'm sure that's what I would do (if I was a lawyer). Not sure if he really had this level of doubt as the case progressed but I find it believable.

Scotch
AG
quote:

Exactly, even the glasses have the wrong Rx. Ito was a little round faced man, the actor, aside from possibly being an Asian male, bears no resemblance.
mazzag
AG
In the book it said Ito had a habit of hunching over while in his robe so it made him appear paunchy. Or fat... In real life he was fit and athletic, as they tried to portray him when his wife came into his office to sign the waiver. In the show, in that scene, he looked as if he was wearing tennis, or racquet court clothing, I'd assume to give the audience the impression he was into keeping in shape.
Objective Aggie
AG
The leather chair isn't that close. Probably two totally different breeds of cows.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

Exactly, even the glasses have the wrong Rx. Ito was a little round faced man, the actor, aside from possibly being an Asian male, bears no resemblance.

If this bothers you, how do you even stomach scenes with CGJ as OJ?
BlackLab
AG
I thought they look pretty similar.
mavsfan4ever
AG
quote:
quote:

Haha, what? I think that's as close as you can get to looking just like him. They look very much alike.
TXAG 05
AG
I like that the Dancing Itos made an appearance.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Haha, what? I think that's as close as you can get to looking just like him. They look very much alike.

I think if you asked people who were not watching the show and did not witness the trial....50% or more would guess the actor was on the left. He looks like the more dramatic of the two.
Kellso
I just realized this. I kept thinking that the guy playing Detective Lange looked familiar, but I could not place it.
Its the same guy that played Frank Sobotka in the Wire.
20ag07
quote:
The lone exception to the awesome cast is Lance Ito, to me it doesn't really look like him at all and is actually distracting.
That actor portraying Ito bears more resemblance to him than Gooding Jr does to OJ, THE MOST CENTRAL CHARACTER OF THE F'ING SHOW, but you want to call the Ito character's looks 'distracting'????? OK. ALL BLACK PEOLE LOOK ALIKE I GUESS...OR SOMETHING.

For the eleventybillionth time, this show is not a documentary, but a dramatic reenactment from a 20 year removed lens. The point isn't so much physical portrayal as it is character motivation.
Scotch
AG
I mentioned that Cuba needed to be filmed so that he looked taller, Mr. Sharpton. Cuba is a much better actor than the dude playing Ito, so that goes a long way. Obviously his voice is higher, but his intonations and mannerisms are very close to O.J.'s.

Fake Ito not only looks noting like Lance, he also doesn't act like him either. I bet the real Lance Ito would have been in this mini-series, he was the biggest media ***** of them all.
Scotch
AG
dp
20ag07
Why does he need to "look exactly like him"? Why is that "distracting"? Is he portraying the character fairly? YES. So what's the problem?
Kellso
The guy playing Lance Ito looks exactly like him. Sounds just like him also. The only two characters that don't come off exactly like they did in real life are OJ and Robert Shapiro.

I don't blame Cuba Gooding or Travolta for this. Both of those actors are already very well known.
Kellso
One of the more shocking things from the last episode actually happened in real life.

" LOS ANGELES As his nine grueling days of testimony drew to an end Tuesday, criminalist Dennis Fung flashed a rare smile after having gone longer than anyone else on the witness stand so far in the O.J. Simpson double-murder trial.
Then he vigorously shook hands with the former football star in clear view of the jurors, electrifying the courtroom.
Warmly smiling, Simpson firmly gripped Fung's hands in a gesture that reminded observers of two combatants congratulating each other after a furious match.

"That's the way you shake hands with someone after you've played the toughest game in your life and now it's over," said author Joe Bosco, who is writing a book about the trial.

With the often-sarcastic, never-relenting Barry Scheck as its man in the ring, the defense team had just spent more than a week pummeling the soft-spoken Fung with allegations that he helped police frame Simpson for the murders of his former wife and her friend last June.

After a last round of requestioning and re-requestioning, Fung gave a visible sigh of relief as he stepped down from the stand and perfunctorily shook hands with prosecutors.

Then defense lawyer Johnnie Cochran Jr. strode over, offering his hand. Looking surprised, Fung extended his hand. Then Simpson and Fung clasped hands, and Robert Shapiro embraced the state's key witness.
The surprising emotions of the moment apparently caught sheriff's deputies off guard, since they have barred any handshaking with Simpson.
Outside the courthouse, Fung would not reveal his feelings about the defense team or the handshakes. Cochran, however, was not equally taciturn.
"It's not ever personal; it's never personal. We're just doing our job," Cochran said. "I think he understood that."
"

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1995-04-19/news/9504190183_1_simpson-defense-team-defense-lawyers
Know Your Enemy
AG
Esquire Sets All-Day O.J. Simpson Trial Marathon
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Here's something I haven't seen mentioned here:

The woman who plays the jury foreman:

is the same actress who played OJ's wife in the first Naked Gun movie:

"Mrs. Nordberg, I believe we can save your husband's arm...............where would you like it sent?"
Scotch
AG
quote:
Esquire Sets All-Day O.J. Simpson Trial Marathon
I'm in, but according to episode description at least, waaaaaaaaay too much Kato. Thump, thump.
Big Al 1992
AG
Didn't the juror who went crazy in the show the same juror who posed for playboy after she was dismissed?
Did any of the jurors write
Books afterwards or were they forbidden to?
Kellso
Steve Harvey on OJ Simpson. Funniest thing I've seen all week.

Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Anybody have links to vid of the Darden outburst?
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Old school Greta shoutout ftw tho

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.