Peeps vs the juice

70,593 Views | 597 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jimmy McNulty
Franklin Delano Bluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seriously? No thread on this?

This miniseries is killing it

Gig'Em
TexasAggie008
AG
Good stuff so far
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
This deal looks great.... Very well put together....

What was the song @ the end of the episode
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
The one thing that was pretty stupid was Kardashian calling out to his clown show children @ the funeral..... Seemed forced for name drop recognition....

I understand the concept of correcting children that don't know how to behave in that situation, but still.... Was calling their name necessary?

Idk... Maybe I just dislike those *****s

Irony here would be that oj is the reason for all reality TV idiots, especially the rich ones....
mazzag
AG
I thought she yelled at the kids.
Capstone
AG
Is Robert Shapiro really that plastic looking or is it just really bad makeup on Travolta? He looks like a blow up doll.

Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Either way... Seemed forced.... Full disclosure, the whole series is one big name drop...... I'm probably just irritated bc I can't stand Kardashian fam
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Shapiro has been leather for a while....

mazzag
AG
I think they're trying to give viewers that are too young to remember oj & the trial a connection.
AggieIce
AG
quote:
I think they're trying to give viewers that are too young to remember oj & the trial a connection.

Bingo, great first episode. I was old enough to understand basics and remember the hysteria, but certainly don't remember the details.
mazzag
AG
I moved back in with my parents for a brief time during the circus. My mom watched the trial every day.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:

Agreed, but I think the point of the ms is to show/dramatize what was taking place behind scenes throughout the investigation/ trial....

Ag_07
AG
I thought it was great first episode. Kept me engaged throughout and was very well put together.

As far as the scene mentioned above I think it's to drive home the relationship of OJ and Rob to younger viewers. If you didn't know the whole story and you just heard Rob Kardashian I could see how a younger viewer might be confused a bit. I hate them too but it didn't bother me.

Three big takeaways from the first episode...

• Had no idea OJ was on pills. What were they?
  • I'm not buying that he was suicidal and they were worried about him, then all of a sudden he disappears out the back door...Nope
  • I wish they'd show a timeline. Just something like 2 days into the investigation or 2 weeks after the murder. It seems like it all moves really fast and I have a hard time establishing how far apart events are happening in real time. The only time reference I got was 48 hours for the blood work, but other than that nothing.

FWIW I remember the fiasco and chase and verdict, but was too young to know any details of the investigation and trial besides the black glove.
dave94
AG
Pretty high quality stuff here.

Even Cuba was pretty good.
Capstone
AG
It's been a long time, but didn't OJ have a handgun while he was in the back of the Bronco during the chase - AC was driving. Might have been suicidal... can't recall.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Most guys that played that long in the NFL are using or abusing pills. Not too surprising.

About the little rat ******* kardashian kids, it's pretty apparent they were never told no or to stop doing anything, obviously fabricated.

I was wondering about the police questioning and lie detector results, all that type of info that they are showing, is that from open records and such?
mazzag
AG
He did. At the time I thought it was staged to get public sympathy, but I guess he really was suicidal. I also thought he spent the whole trial in jail because of the bronco chase, but it turns out that was what Marcia wanted all along.
agracer
AG
quote:
It's been a long time, but didn't OJ have a handgun while he was in the back of the Bronco during the chase - AC was driving. Might have been suicidal... can't recall.
Yes he did have a gun during the whole chase. That's why the police let him drive along the freeway at 45mph for so long. Any other person would have been stopped and pulled from the car or shot. But it was a big celeb and 50 camera's were watching.

One things for sure, the author of the book the series is based on just got a huge influx of sales on Amazon. Hell I want to buy it just to remember what happened...but that would give away the end of the series and I hate spoilers.
dave94
AG
quote:
Hell I want to buy it just to remember what happened...but that would give away the end of the series and I hate spoilers.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Watched it with the rib last night - huge eye-opener for her, she was only 13 in '94 and only knows the basics.

More than anything else I remember the Bronco chase as the first time I had ever heard my dad drop the F'bomb. WE were watching Knicks-Rockets Game 5 when they went split screen with the "chase". I got mad and he told me it was OK, they'd go back to the full-screen game in a minute, then they came back from a commercial and it was JUST the OJ Chase and my dad yelled out, "What the F&*k are they doing???"

My only gripe is they didn't use camera angles or forced perspective to make Cuba look bigger. OJ Simpson shouldn't be dwarfed by every other actor in every scene. Even with some extra pounds on him, 5-10 Rod Tidwell doesn't have the same presence as 6-1 cut OJ in 1994.

Normally I think Travolta is bizarro hack, but thought he was nails as Shapiro, and for those not old enough to remember interviews with Kato Kaelin, he really was just that stupid.

And Theo Huxtable showing up as Al Cowlings, where's Cockroach when you need him?

95_Aggie
AG
Travolta looks more like Ahnold than he does Shapiro.
Ag_07
AG
I thought the same thing on Travolta and was surprised seeing as many were pegging him as the weakness of the cast. Overall I thought the cast was nails and even came away impressed with Schwimmer.

I also kind of like the nostalgia of the sets and props like the big cell phones, gaudy 90s decor, and costumes.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Thought Schwimmer was excellent, considering I've never seen him in anything besides Friends. I bet Kris Jenner lobbied to play herself.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I thought it was awful. I can't believe so many people liked it.
jock1020
AG
You are definitely in the minority on this one.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah I'm interested to know what you rubbed you the wrong way.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I thought the acting was terrible and the writing was forced, as well. Not to mention that they completely ****ed up the police phone call to OJ to let him know Nicole was dead.
The Milkman
AG
We both thought it was really great. I dont want to wait a week between these.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
I thought the acting was terrible and the writing was forced, as well. Not to mention that they completed ****ed up the police phone call to OJ to let him know Nicole was dead.

Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought the acting was terrible and the writing was forced, as well. Not to mention that they completed ****ed up the police phone call to OJ to let him know Nicole was dead.

quote:
But then they blew one of the greatest lines in the show. Detective Ron Phillips, wonderful guy, he was the one who called to notify Simpson in Chicago. What he actually told Simpson was, "Your wife is dead." And Simpson's response was, "Who killed her?" Wait a minute, how about a car accident? How about an overdose? [Ed. note: In the FX series, Detective Tom Lange calls Simpson at his Chicago hotel and says, "I have some bad news. Your ex-wife Nicole Simpson has been killed," and later notes to his partner that Simpson didn't ask how she died.]
Marcia Clark interview
mazzag
AG
How would Marcia know? She wasn't even part of the case when the cops called him. Like she said, it was 21 years ago. And the phone call would have been repeated to her at a later time. Either way, he didn't ask how she died and I'm not sure this show is out to prove him guilty. I had the impression it's more about the attorneys than oj, but it's still important to show his state of mind at the time.
mazzag
AG
To be honest, I didn't like Marcia. She came across as wanting to get oj, not getting justice for the victims. Last nights show did a good job of changing my opinion of her.
jock1020
AG
There's many ways one can be killed. Just because someone says "Nichole was killed" it doesn't mean that she was murdered. So I don't feel like that is a slip up at all. I thought it was must see television. Entertaining from start to finish.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
How would Marcia know? She wasn't even part of the case when the cops called him. Like she said, it was 21 years ago. And the phone call would have been repeated to her at a later time. Either way, he didn't ask how she died and I'm not sure this show is out to prove him guilty. I had the impression it's more about the attorneys than oj, but it's still important to show his state of mind at the time.
How would Marcia know what was said? Are you ****ing kidding me? She was the lead prosecutor on the case and spoke directly to the officer that made the call.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
There's many ways one can be killed. So I don't feel like that is a slip up at all.
The officer said she was dead and OJ asked who killed her. The TV show version is what you are referring to but that is inaccurate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.