Peeps vs the juice

70,829 Views | 597 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jimmy McNulty
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why wasn't the jury in the courtroom when Fuhrman was called back to the stand?
TajMaballer
AG
Fuhrman might have been a writer on Chappelle's Show

mazzag
AG
No! No! No!
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:
Why wasn't the jury in the courtroom when Fuhrman was called back to the stand?

Could be wrong, but pretty sure jury got kenneled for close to half the trial.... Just about everything was tried on both sides, so jury got put in the kennel for the dry runs.....

I think jury heard furman's 5th amendment tho
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Holy ****, that's a great handle

Props
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
Holy ****, that's a great handle

Props

Thanks! It's no Bluth though
20ag07
I wish this show lasted as long as the trial.
Big Al 1992
AG
I enjoy Fox News and many of the shows and do feel it is more fair and balanced than the network news or CNN but hard to defend when one of their shows (Hannity) uses Furhman as a contributor.
Kellso
The Female attorney that works for Cochran is ridiculously good looking.

Another good episode. People can diss the jury verdict all they want....but when the star prosecution witness responds to the allegation of if he planted evidence by claiming the 5th.....it looks shady as hell.
Especially if you are pre conditioned to not trust the police.

I remember when this happened in real life. It was also the first time I thought that OJ might get off.
mazzag
AG
Oprah had him on her show. Not sure what my point is...

Joan Wilder
AG
Toobin commented that the only sound in the courtroom after the tapes were played was the sound of Kim Goldman starting to cry.

God what a sh*tshow.

Vance should win ALL the Emmys. Wow. What a performance.
Know Your Enemy
AG
What Happened to Mark Fuhrman After the O.J. Simpson Trial?
Objective Aggie
AG
That was a really intense episode.
TajMaballer
AG
Bryan Curtis did an in depth look at OJ's relationship with the media, including before 94. It's not as goofy as Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald recaps on Channel 33/The Ringer, but still interesting! Well, interesting to someone who was 4 when all this was going on.

https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/ep-83-oj-vs-media-w-bryan-curtis
jamesf
AG
quote:
Anybody have links to vid of the Darden outburst?
This video has parts of the Darden outburst in it (as well as other scenes from this episode).
Hogties
AG
This has been great TV. Loving the pacing and different viewpoints.

It's close enough to what really happened. Certainly captures the feel of the time. Prosecutors never had a prayer.
95_Aggie
AG
I can't believe I have been so interested in watching a dramatization of the OJ trial. I was so sick of it when it was really happening.
Joan Wilder
AG
Part of it is the pacing - Scheck had Fung on the stand for NINE DAYS. Ito never took control and allowed these motions and sidebars to go on for days...leaving the jury to just wait and wait.
Scotty Flamingo
Finally caught up so I'm just now looking at this thread. Great show....but man...Cuba Gooding Jr as OJ is a joke.
dave94
AG
quote:
quote:
Anybody have links to vid of the Darden outburst?
This video has parts of the Darden outburst in it (as well as other scenes from this episode).

That's fascinating.
20ag07
quote:
Great show....but man...Cuba Gooding Jr as OJ is a joke.
Yeah but Lance Ito looks nowhere similar and it's just so distracting and IT'S KILLING THE SHOW or something.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah but Lance Ito looks nowhere similar and it's just so distracting and IT'S KILLING THE SHOW or something.
Scotch
AG
quote:
quote:
Lolz, I love the show, and before this last episode the actor portraying Ito must have participated in an acting workshop, he was much better.

I love this show and think Cuba Gooding Jr. is great. The people who dislike him and Travolta in this show are complete loons.

I love this show.

Did I mention that I love this show?
Joan Wilder
AG
I do think travolta is the weak link -whatever accent he's trying to do comes and goes and he often seems to be in a different show than everyone else. When he dials it down a bit he's very good. It doesn't ruin the show for me at all though.

Cuba doesn't look like OJ but I do think he's doing a good job with the hubris and Self-delusion that OJ had.

Burt Cooper as Dominick Dunne has been fantastic.
95_Aggie
AG
The actor playing Larry King is pretty good and looks pretty darn close.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
The actor playing Larry King is pretty good and looks pretty darn close.

The lone exception to the awesome cast is Larry King, to me it doesn't really look like him at all and is actually distracting.

King was a wrinkly faced man, the actor, aside from possibly being a Caucasian male, bears no resemblance.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
What I truly love about Travolta's performance (and I do love it), is that he's not portraying Robert Shapiro. He's portraying John Travolta portraying Robert Shapiro. And it's glorious.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
What I truly love about Travolta's performance (and I do love it), is that he's not portraying Robert Shapiro. He's portraying John Travolta portraying Robert Shapiro. And it's glorious.

actually he is portraying a fat John Travolta with magnificent eyebrows portraying Robert Shapiro in a completely over the top way...and it is glorious.

FIFY

Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
I thought it was awful. I can't believe so many people liked it.
Junkhead, you still watching? Did you come around? I have another friend who bailed after episode one and just curious if people flip on the show?
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought it was awful. I can't believe so many people liked it.
Junkhead, you still watching? Did you come around? I have another friend who bailed after episode one and just curious if people flip on the show?

I've watched every episode and it's gotten a lot better with much less Travolta, Schwimmer, and unnecessary Kardashian kid references.
marble rye
AG
I think it's been really good given what it is. If a network like HBO did it using actual facts and documentary flair like they did The Jinx, it would be phenominal.
mazzag
AG
This show has been great. I will miss it. It seems fx doesn't have anything else coming up. Have to wait until 2017 for Fargo season 3. I wish they'd do a JonBenet miniseries. It seems that investigation was doomed from the beginning.
20ag07
quote:
If a network like HBO did it using actual facts and documentary flair like they did The Jinx, it would be phenomenal.
The soapy dramatics and storytelling license are what make this so good. We've already seen the documentary of this. We lived it for over a year. Bending the timelines to take us into the characters we are already familiar with is the draw here. "Fact based" documentary works more in the case of something like Making a Murderer, where you are unfamiliar with the story.
TajMaballer
AG
Give me the Travolta/Cochran hi-five dap over facts any day.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Esquire Sets All-Day O.J. Simpson Trial Marathon

Reminder that this has started.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.