***Official TCTTS tales from Sundance thread***

19,448 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jackie childs
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So this has to frustrate you right? Because it frustrates me.

Sex Panther
AG
jackie childs
so that settles it...he's got to make a run at Shirley now to complete the Community hat trick.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
quote:
so that settles it...he's got to make a run at Shirley now to complete the Community hat trick.

So let it be written, so let it be done.
jackie childs
I mean, he has to...it's like only needing a single to hit for the cycle
AliasMan02
AG
That's awesome. Might need you to help my brother and me get our Community script in front of Dan Harmon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You realize what you have to do now, right TC?

You have to have sex with your friend. Do that and you've basically ****ed Gillian and Allison. It may suck, but that's how these things work, bro.

fig96
AG
I've always loved the work that Mad Lobot does.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, love it.
TCTTS
AG
Late last night, my producing partner was checking his email and goes, "Ok, great, my friend [XX] wants to meet with us tomorrow." I immediately said, "Wait - you know [XX] too!" The person who he was referring to was my old boss at Sony a decade ago, when I first interned there. So, not only does he also somehow know my old boss, but we have meeting today set with her, and she's interested in our slate. I told him not to tell her I'm part of the company, so I can surprise her today when we show up.
TheDoctor
AG
This whole thread.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
So....is he going to introduce you?

Brie is now engaged to Dave Franco, and Gillian lives with her currently boyfriend. He said he hasn't talked to either in forever, but the Jacobs intro could still be in play, potentially. He's not just going to call her up, but if we ever run into her at an event or party, he'll definitely make the intro. That said, she broke up with him, and he told me he would have married her in a heartbeat. In fact, I got the impression that he still kind of sort of has a soft spot for her, so I'm not going push it.
TheDoctor
AG
I'll never watch Community the same way again knowing she's a heartbreaker.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
I'll never watch Community the same way again knowing she's a heartbreaker.

Duncan Idaho
quote:
Late last night, my producing partner was checking his email and goes, "Ok, great, my friend [XX] wants to meet with us tomorrow." I immediately said, "Wait - you know [XX] too!" The person who he was referring to was my old boss at Sony a decade ago, when I first interned there. So, not only does he also somehow know my old boss, but we have meeting today set with her, and she's interested in our slate. I told him not to tell her I'm part of the company, so I can surprise her today when we show up.

So is she hot?
Pahdz
Trudy is engaged to Dave Franco? Wha???!!!
TCTTS
AG
Average. I'm 35 and she's at least 40. She's super cool, though.
TCTTS
AG
PJD Ag 10
AG
This is a fascinating world you give us insight to. And congratulations on all of your hard work really paying off. It can't be any small feat to get where you are.

Also, keep the fun posts coming!
schmendeler
AG
i think i've asked this before and don't remember the answer. can one just go to sundance and get into see movie screenings? or is it one of those things like the barbecue cookoff at the rodeo in houston where it's kind of pointless if you don't have an invite from an outfit that is participating?
Bunk Moreland
it's like most film or music festivals. It can be as small as getting tickets or passes to one screening, or getting an entire festival pass, etc.,

But even within those passes are priority levels. So you have to be selective on how you use your time and what you want to see. You may have purchased an all-festival pass which gives you access to all screenings, but that doesn't mean you can necessarily show up 5 minutes before and get a seat. It just gives you the opportunity to see that screening.
bedofbrass33
AG
Have you and StediaCam linked up yet for the devil's threesome mentioned on page one? Who's the lucky lady?
Jim01
AG
I just watched "Sleeping With Other People" last night. Alison Brie is just an angel sent from heaven. Good grief!!
Ad Rock
I've brought myself to vinegar strokes many of times to those 2
Ad Rock
TCTTS, how long will you be at Sundance?
TheDoctor
AG
Was that good?
DG-Ag
AG
quote:
Was that good?
Different strokes for different folks but I thought the movie was awful. But she was the only reason I kept watching til the end.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
it's like most film or music festivals. It can be as small as getting tickets or passes to one screening, or getting an entire festival pass, etc.,

But even within those passes are priority levels. So you have to be selective on how you use your time and what you want to see. You may have purchased an all-festival pass which gives you access to all screenings, but that doesn't mean you can necessarily show up 5 minutes before and get a seat. It just gives you the opportunity to see that screening.
interesting, thanks.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
TCTTS, how long will you be at Sundance?
Heading back to LA Sunday morning.
Jim01
AG
I enjoyed it. It's nothing groundbreaking. It's just a formulaic romantic comedy but both the leads are really charming and it has some good lines in it. It was worth my time.
israeliag
AG
quote:
I appreciate it, guys. And just FYI, we won't actually be doing any official deal making while we're there. Sundance, when not focused on premiering movies, is basically like one, giant, week-and-a-half-long Hollywood networking retreat. So we're just setting up general meetings with a ton of companies and getting our name out there, based on the heat we've accumulated over the past few months. Some of it is just putting in actual face time with agents or execs we've been working with, but haven't met in person yet, and the other half is essentially saying, "Here's our slate of projects, maybe we could work together to package and sell one of these." We currently own the rights to eight projects, three of which already have partners who we've officially teamed with to set up at studios and/or with directors/actors who are interested. The other five are basically up for grabs, which we're "debuting" this week, and we'll see what interest we can drum up. One of them, in particular, I'm so stoked on, and has already perked the ears of a company that rhymes with Rad Bobot. Now we just have pitch the sh*t out of it, and I really do think we're gonna blow people away with the pitch deck we've put together.

Anyway, hoping we'll be able to officially set up / finally announce that one, and many more, in 2016!
I fully expect you to go full TJ Miller in season two of Silicon Valley!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dave ****ing Franco? Seriously?
TCTTS
AG
jackie childs
Bradley Whitford
Bunk Moreland
if it's not too much to ask, and you come across a hot actress, please risk all of your future business endeavors to snap a photo of her and upload it on here.

thanks buddy! You're the best!

p.s. Please make sure it's in-focus and isn't blurry. Nobody likes that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.