***Official TCTTS tales from Sundance thread***

19,450 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jackie childs
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So very, very cool.

Happy for you, TC!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Really cool story.

I was in Park City last weekend while it was gearing up for Sundance (which was kind of cool in of itself). What kind of places are all of the parties held at? And the screenings for that matter. While it's a really cool town, there aren't a lot of venues for events to really be held at.
Jim01
AG
quote:
Was Redstone aware of the script before harvey?

He read it but passed because there weren't enough minorities in it.
LHIOB
AG
I think I can speak for most of the EBoard posters when I say a movie with extras from TexAgs will win an Oscar
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
And thanks so much for the kind words, everyone.
Pahdz
How many random Instagram followers did you pick up since this thread?
TCTTS
AG
Ha, close to 20 so far. Apologies for not following you guys back, but I like to keep a clean, curated list of either people I know personally or celebs/notable personalities I'm interested in.
Pahdz
**** I don't care about that, you don't care about my five year old
schmendeler
AG
you're missing out. my hamburger pics are the best.
ORAggieFan
So awesome. If you ever need a production accountant let me know. My FIL has been doing it for many years (don't take this as a pitch, he's plenty busy).

What part of LA you live in?

Keep the stories coming. I don't post much but always follow these threads.
TCTTS
AG
Nice. Will keep that in mind.

I live in Brentwood and work in Silver Lake.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS, you still have a day job, right? What's your timeline for doing the production company full time?
hurleyag
AG
No apologies needed. Facebook is for following back. We just want an inside look to Hollywood!
tremble
AG
Badass! Congratulations on a successful trip!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
quote:
No apologies needed. Facebook is for following back. We just want an inside look to Hollywood!
Honestly, I don't post all that much, and none of it is all that much Hollywood related, but I do plan to be more active in that regard going forward.
hurleyag
AG
quote:
quote:
Honestly, I don't post all that much, and none of it is all that much Hollywood related, but I do plan to be more active in that regard going forward.

Oh, well then follow back or I'm un-following.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, our boys from the party Saturday night...

http://deadline.com/2016/01/john-legend-oscars-sundance-mike-jackson-underground-southside-with-you-video-1201689147/
GoAgs92
AG
Great Story!
rg4atm01
Thanks for allowing us in your world! Really appreciate all your insight.
ORAggieFan
If you're ever hiring writers please let me know. My cousin is the typical move to LA to get into Hollywood story. He's had a few chances with NBC and has pitched a few pilots to high ups, but so far no luck. Not asking for any favors, but would love to send him your way for a shot of you need a writer.
bagger05
AG
I heard an interview with Harvey Weinstein this afternoon talking about War and Peace. And I was like "Hey, I kinda know a guy on the internet who almost went to his party the other night!"
Donald Glover
AG
Woah, that's such an awesome story and I'm happy you post on TexAgs TCTTS!!
AR_Ag95
AG
Sorry if I missed it....what is the name of your production company?
schmendeler
AG
quote:
Sorry if I missed it....what is the name of your production company?
texas land and cattle
Sex Panther
AG
"Oil & Cattle" actually

Can't find the logo on here, but I'm sure TC will post it. It's seriously one of the coolest designs I've ever seen.
TCTTS
AG
http://oilandcattle.com
TCTTS
AG
Thanks! That's awesome to hear.
fig96
AG
I don't know if I'd quite say "coolest", but it's nice

The wordmark is actually really nice too.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
"Oil & Cattle" actually

Can't find the logo on here, but I'm sure TC will post it. It's seriously one of the coolest designs I've ever seen.

That's the joke
Sex Panther
AG
Oh my bad. It was hilarious
An Ag in CO
AG
Pretty cool for you. I was involved with the Weinstein brothers from the investment side several years ago and those were interesting times. I knew not only what films they were working on, but also pretty much every film that was in the pipeline for the next rolling two years. However, we divested a few years ago and my brush with Hollywood came to a close. It was through this investment that I came into contact with other film entities and it's a fascinating industry, but definitely not my favorite. You kind of feel dirty at pretty much every step of the process. Transformers: Dark of the Moon was the last film I was really clued in on and I haven't even seen it. Patrick Dempsey was in it, though, and that's how I started following his racing career. Best of luck to you!
fig96
AG
quote:
Pretty cool for you. I was involved with the Weinstein brothers from the investment side several years ago and those were interesting times. I knew not only what films they were working on, but also pretty much every film that was in the pipeline for the next rolling two years. However, we divested a few years ago and my brush with Hollywood came to a close. It was through this investment that I came into contact with other film entities and it's a fascinating industry, but definitely not my favorite. You kind of feel dirty at pretty much every step of the process. Transformers: Dark of the Moon was the last film I was really clued in on and I haven't even seen it. Patrick Dempsey was in it, though, and that's how I started following his racing career. Best of luck to you!
You didn't miss much
Duncan Idaho
"financier Teddy Smith"

Well ain't that title just about as fancy as a 5 dollar hoar.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.