*** VEEP Season 4 ***

12,769 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by InternetFan02
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That was one of the best things ever shown on TV
oragator
The way they told a full story only through the testimony, with the great jokes and references was freakin awesome.
LHIOB
AG
Anyone have that list?
Professor Frick
AG
Jizzie Gillespie
TCTTS
AG
Mike's testimony was maybe the hardest I've laughed all season. From him raising his right hand over his head, to his "So help me God," to the knee medicine bit, I could not contain myself. What a fantastic episode.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Mike's testimony was maybe the hardest I've laughed all season. From him raising his right hand over his head, to his "So help me God," to the knee medicine bit, I could not contain myself. What a fantastic episode.
I lost it on the hand thing too. Then Jonah's assistant raising his left hand, "I was practicing in the mirror."
LHIOB
AG
1. Jonad
2. J Rock
3. Jizzy Gillespie
4. Jack and the Giant Jackoff
5. Gayleon
6. Tinkerballs
7. Wadzilla
8. One Erection
9. The Pointless Giant
10. Jimpanzee
11. The 60-Foot Virgin
12. Jono Ono
13. Hagrid's Nutsacks
14. Scrotum Poll
15. Transgenderformers
16. 12 Years a Slave to Jerking Off
17. Benedict Cum-In-His-Own-Hand
18. Guyscraper
19. The Cloud Botherer
20. Supercalifragilisticexpialidickcheese
21. Teenage Mutant Ninja A**hole
22. Spewbacca
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
i was laughing my ass off at this episode. must rewatch tonight to remember everything.
MW03
AG
Best exchanges of the night:

quote:
Senator: What is your assessment of Ms. Brookheimer and Mr. Egan?

Jonah:
Oh, Ms. Brookheimer is a strong, independent, flexible woman. And Lord knows there aren't enough of those in DC.

Senator
: And Mr.Egan?

Jonah:
Uh, Dan Egan is a solid five and a half, weak six.

quote:
Senator: Can you tell us who was responsible for the data breach?

Ben: No. Well, I mean, yes. Yes, it's a matter of public record that Dan Egan was fired because of his relation to the data breach. I mean, you could have Googled that.

Senator: Wait, that's not my question.

Ben: Was he responsible? Washington needed a sacrifice, so we all ran and took out our pitchforks and we set fire to the Wicker Dan.

Senator: Okay, so why did he deserve to go if he was innocent?

Ben: You make it sound like there's a correlation between what should happen and what actually happens. I mean, life is chaotic and it's often unfair. I know it is for me. Dan Egan deserved to go, so he went.

quote:
Bill: I'm being snowballed. I'm a victim of snowballing.

Senator: What do you mean, Mr.Ericsson?

Bill: Well, a name gets mentioned, then gets mentioned again, and pretty soon everyone is mentioning it and then the whole thing snowballs and then there's an avalanche of snowballs and I'm being buried by other people's snow and it's not pure driven, it's not white snow, if you catch my drift. I certainly caught their drift. Do I make sense? - Am I making sense?

Senator: Calm calm down. Isn't snowballing what you did to Lee Patterson when you had her fired?

Ken: No, that was scapegoating. Again, apologies. You haven't asked me a question.

Senator: What is the difference between scapegoating and snowballing?

Bill: It's not my fault. That's the difference. Is that is that making sense? It's not my fault is my basic point. I mean, why I am being raked over the coals for the misuse of data in the campaign when I'm sitting next to the campaign manager?

Ken: Oh, that's bravo, Bill. Subtly done.

quote:
Senator: Could you demonstrate how the app works on your phone?

Mike: Yes, I'd be happy to. So you go to your home screen, it's called. Remember that. And now you have to send it to someone. So I could send it to you want to give me your number? - Or I'll just send it to myself.

Senator: Fine.

Mike: So now all I do is appropriately touch the icon for record. And "Hey, Mike, it's Mike. Um you're probably not going to get this 'cause you're in the hearings, but I just - wanted to tell you -

Senator: That's quite enough.

Mike: "I've got to go, Mike." And then you just press send. And it should instantly appear on my memo app.

Which it's not doing. Um, I don't know why.

I guess that's why they say don't work with animals or technology. I mean, that's why "Jaws" was such a nightmare shoot. I mean, mechanical shark, forget it!

Oh, Knee Free! That's the cream. Knee Free, if you -

(phone chimes) Okay, here it is. "And hey, Mike, it's Mike.Um you're probably not going to get this 'cause you're in the hearings, but" ... Pretty good clarity.

quote:
Female Senator: I'd like to hear more on the charges of molestation.

Male Senator: Go ahead.

Female Seantor: Was there ever any contact between testicles and hands?

Jonah: No. Never. My spheres were always clothed. I was in the workplace, so...

Female Senator: Did he always grope both testicles?

Jonah: I'm sorry, but can I be asked that question by a male committee member?

Female Senator: No, I asked the question.

Jonah: I'm sorry. I forgot the question.

Dan: Did your abuser touch both of your testicles?

Jonah: Thank you, Mr. Egan.

Dan: - Sure.

Female Senator: Who else was aware of this during your time at the White House?

Richard: I, uh I also saw it. I can't stop I can't stop thinking about it. It's you know, it's like a bell. It can't be unrung.

Female Senator: Where did you see it happen?

Richard: It was around the spheres.

Senator: I meant what area of the workplace.

Richard: Oh, yes. No, I'm sorry. Yes. It was in a hallway.
MW03
AG
Oh, I almost forgot the line of the night:

quote:
Bill: Where is Congresswoman Bennett?

Senator:
She is absent.

Bill: Yes, I got that. I took "noticing" in high school.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
Senator: What is your assessment of Ms. Brookheimer and Mr. Egan?

Jonah:
Oh, Ms. Brookheimer is a strong, independent, flexible woman. And Lord knows there aren't enough of those in DC.

Senator
: And Mr.Egan?

Jonah:
Uh, Dan Egan is a solid five and a half, weak six.
this was the line i was trying to remember that i laughed so effing hard at. you know Dan was dying on the inside to say something back to Jonah.

i just started laughing thinking about it right now.
Hickory High
AG
Richard Splett is quickly becoming my favorite character
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
Richard Splett is quickly becoming my favorite character
Richard is pretty boss.
Furlock Bones
AG
I was practicing in the mirror, so.
MW03
AG
Richard is perfect. Earlier this season when he's walking with Jonah through the East Wing had me rolling

quote:
Jonah: Doyle is a lame duck, and you know what you do with lame animals?

Richard: We care for them-

Jonah: -We shoot them dead

Richard: I got you. Kinder in the long run, actually."
Professor Frick
AG
From the man himself:
Furlock Bones
AG
i'm kind of amazed at how they are evolving Catherine's character and it is working pretty well.
ce1994
AG
I thought that Dan during his deposition trying to drop people under the bus while not knowing the girl was doing the same thing at the hearing was hilarious.

I am kind of fed up with Gary. It was funny when the attorney kept getting him to change his answers but to me there needs to be less of his antics.
ce1994
AG
Frankly one of the things that is hurting this show IMO is there are just too many funny characters. Some of them are being wasted. The go a few weeks sometimes without seeing them.
LHIOB
AG
Richard is really becoming one of the funnier people on the show.

I wonder now much of that was improv and how much was scripted because it was just fantastic writing.
ce1994
AG
Richard is a scream.
oragator
quote:
Well, though it may appear that there was nothing going on, I can assure you that there was lots going on underneath. Like a swan. Or Professor Hawking.

Or when Katherine was asked whether she liked answering questions about her personal life...
quote:
Not about my personal life. No, I don't. I mean, do you? Assuming that you have one. I don't see that you're wearing a ring.

Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, though it may appear that there was nothing going on, I can assure you that there was lots going on underneath. Like a swan. Or Professor Hawking.

Or when Katherine was asked whether she liked answering questions about her personal life...
quote:
Not about my personal life. No, I don't. I mean, do you? Assuming that you have one. I don't see that you're wearing a ring.

As i mentioned above, they are doing a great job of evolving Catherine's character. she's picking up her mom's traits.
Professor Frick
AG
Gary is a twelve year old boy, trapped in the body....of a twelve year old girl.
Professor Frick
AG
quote:
I thought that Dan during his deposition trying to drop people under the bus while not knowing the girl was doing the same thing at the hearing was hilarious.

"Are you on a satellite delay?"
Furlock Bones
AG
I've now watched this episode 2 full times and parts of it multiple times. It's just comedic genius all the way around.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Gary is a twelve year old boy, trapped in the body....of a twelve year old girl.

Just re watched for the 3rd time. I reserved comment on this quote until I was certain, but I'm now confident in saying this is the best line of the season.

The execution, not going to Tom James prior, then giving him that as his first introduction to the episode at the end was so perfect
Professor Frick
AG
You know why this episode is so great? Because all of these characters are so fantastic, and their brilliance normally gets bounced around the snappy dialogue between them, but now, here we get a great device to just showcase these characters in solo performance. Every single character gets a little mini monologue, and since we know them so well already, just the anticipation of their next line is funny. Knowing this, each of these brilliant comic actors times everything so well that each joke is allowed to linger and is just that much more hilarious.

bigboykin
AG
Just dropping in because I finally got caught up, and wanted to plus whatever on this episode's brilliance.
West Point Aggie
AG
Just midway through season 2...and I love the nervous hilarity of it all...

JLD is perfect in this role...look forward to catching up
20ag07
"The rule book's been torn up and America's wiping its nasty ass with it."
sarancher
oragator
Another great episode, so well set up for next season.
Sucks that this one is over.
TCTTS
AG
I didn't quite get the hate for Tom James. He's never really come across as power hungry/greedy/inept - in fact, quite the opposite - but the way he was treated by Selina & co there at the end made it seem like he had this coming all along. It just felt weird. Other than that, I loved the finale.
ce1994
AG
Considering how they throw each other under the bus at the drop of a hat does not make it weird. And James is power hungry. He wanted to be Secretary of Treasury as well as Vice President.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.