*** VEEP Season 4 ***

12,699 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by InternetFan02
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, so good tonight. Literally laughed outloud multiple times. Nice to see a few new characters as well. I thought last season was the best yet, but it feels like the show can somehow reach another gear with this new set-up. So much potential.

Side note: Waiting to check my bag at LAX last week, I was in line behind Matt Walsh, the guy who plays Mike. Had his two boys with him. One of them said he might need to throw up again, and Matt made a sarcastic comment about how it'd only been an hour since the last time he last threw up. Was so funny how he was talking to his kid. Felt like I was on the show for a second.
Post removed:
by user
oragator
Yeah I really enjoyed it too.
LHIOB
AG
This show is just amazing.

Mike eating healthy is like a potato trying to whistle.

Holy **** they bring the insults like no other.

Kevin Dunn is the unsung hero of this cast. His GAF level is just so low.

Love the addition of Patton Oswalt too.

Can we take a second to talk about Dan Bakkedahl? Holy balls is Senator Furlong funny.
Post removed:
by user
twenty two ags
the show is so freaking great. it reminds me of the writing on arrested development (not the horrible netflix season) where every character is given great lines. the show isnt going to let the audience be "lazy" and only expect punchlines from 1-2 characters.

also, the guy playing the new VEEP does such a great job as the "toyota coach" that i have a hard time seeing him as anything else.
Professor Frick
AG
I like all the little funny bits too, like when Mike was adding a bunch of sugar to his juice.
LHIOB
AG
Uproxx's Best Lines

Live long and f*** off!
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
My entire career just flashed before my eyes. It was incredibly impressive.
Furlock Bones
AG
Last night's episode was a grand slam in the first inning of a game. Holy ****.
Furlock Bones
AG
Last night was so good I decided to rewatch season 1 to see how far the show had come.

Holy **** the pilot is still freaking great.
Bunk Moreland
Recently re watched the series before the premiere. Really happy it's back.

Matt Walsh is so good as Mike. Mike has a lot of George costanza in him
20ag07
Renewed for s5 today...but without Ianucci. Too much commuting for him overseas. They brought the guy who ran Curb in to replace him. Interested to see if that has an effect, bc last night was absolutely nails. Rare for a show to seem to be getting stronger at this point. Always save it for last of the Sunday night barrage bc it's the perfect cap before starting the week.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Last night's episode was a grand slam in the first inning of a game. Holy ****.

Ha, such a great way to put it.
Hudson2508
AG
God this show is so damn funny. Sometimes I have to rewind to catch all the jokes. The speech was gold.
AggieGirl35
AG
So happy this show is back. The bit with Selina at the end, glasses askew, ranting about "obsolete metal giant d*ldos" had me nearly crying.
Duncan Idaho
She so hot.
Furlock Bones
AG

Gary takes a bullet for the Veep.
LHIOB
AG
Im a huge Veep fan. Id go as far to say its the best and smartest comedy on TV and maybe the best in the last 5 years (Parks and Rec is in the conversation). That scene with Selina and Gary was outstanding. It took this show to the next level. Echos of Cheers and Scrubs; two shows that werent afraid to get very serious and had a cast that could pull it off.

Outstanding episode.

What is this Die Hard?
LHIOB
AG
Just re-watched it and Tony Hale is fantastic. Gary finally stands up for himself and its to the president. Greatness.
Post removed:
by user
Jim01
AG
Loved the confrontation.

What did he do on Labor Day? Do we know? Maybe I'm just brain farting and forgetting.

"The President and I are like this... not to scale of course."
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I don't remember the Labor Day thing, either. Fantastic moment/episode, regardless.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
TVLINE | The argument is diffused when she is reminded of what he did for her on Labor Day. What exactly happened on Labor Day?
Hale: I don't know. That's what's kind of fun. It might be revealed down the
road. Something serious must've went down to silence Selina like that.
http://tvline.com/2015/04/19/veep-season-4-selina-gary-fight-labor-day/#more-605996

It's not anything that has happened on screen in previous seasons, so we aren't supposed to know yet.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:
TVLINE | The argument is diffused when she is reminded of what he did for her on Labor Day. What exactly happened on Labor Day?
Hale: I don't know. That's what's kind of fun. It might be revealed down the
road. Something serious must've went down to silence Selina like that.
http://tvline.com/2015/04/19/veep-season-4-selina-gary-fight-labor-day/#more-605996

It's not anything that has happened on screen in previous seasons, so we aren't supposed to know yet.
Good find thanks!
TCTTS
mazzag
AG
"I'm your Wilson the volleyball"
twenty two ags
patton oswalt has been great.
Furlock Bones
AG
To be honest, I don't even know if she's one of ours. 20 bucks says she's Mossad.
schmendeler
AG
Great show. Very joke-dense.
HtownAg92
AG
"Why don't you tell sashy littlefeather to get off the rag and get over it"
TCTTS
AG
"Johnny Titballs!"
LHIOB
AG
Another great episode. Really glad it was Dan and not Ben who got the axe. Im sure Dan will back with Celina in the near future and I feel like Ben would just fade away. The cast continues to have some of the best chemistry on TV.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
Another great episode. Really glad it was Dan and not Ben who got the axe. Im sure Dan will back with Celina in the near future and I feel like Ben would just fade away. The cast continues to have some of the best chemistry on TV.
that was pretty awesome. there's no way Dan won't be involved quickly. his character is just too good. it was awesome to see Ben blow him up.
AggieGirl35
AG
The line about "how'd we get AIDS" and Mike's "I don't know, some guy f***ed a monkey?" I'm paraphrasing, but I died. I love this show so much.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.