*****The Flash Season 1*****

67,428 Views | 592 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Aggie_Journalist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aren't there multiple flashes in the comics? My assumption had been a prior flash fought the man in the yellow suit the night Barry's mom died, at some point yellow kills red, and then he laid dormant (or for some reason was out of the picture) until the new flash emerged to fight.

Not sure that's a valid theory anymore, but who knows.

A time traveling Wells from the future works, too, and it would mean two versions of wells are currently alive. That would work, but I'm not sure that's what they were getting at with the suit at the end.

Wells seemed to attach the Tachyans (sp?) to the suit, which made me thing it was more mechanical than superpowered. If it were a robot, it would account for wells and reverse flash being in the same place at the same time.

This show rocks.
SeattleAgJr
So glad this has returned. The two main villains were a little over the top (ok, a lot over the top), but I was surprised how much I had missed this show.
PatAg
AG
Plus, they were ****ty actors in jailbreak, haven't gotten any better.
PatAg
AG
seems like the police could have just shot them?
redline248
AG
Even better than that, Barry ran right next to them like 3 different times. Why didn't he just take the guns from them?
chase128
AG
quote:
Even better than that, Barry ran right next to them like 3 different times. Why didn't he just take the guns from them?

This! Drives me crazy when stuff plays out like it did in tonight's episode.
Jasomania
AG
I've been pretty disappointed about the lack of ice puns whenever there is a Captain Cold episode.

Sex Panther
AG
That episode was terrible
Knife_Party
Its hard to go from reverse flash to cold and heat wave. That said, that episode did seem kind of light on content.
redline248
AG
Btw, FIRESTORM is the worst acronym, ever.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
That was a very disappointing start to the second half of the season... Probably first true misfire the show has produced.
redline248
AG
They had to spend time dealing with Barry and Iris eventually. Now it's out of the way.
PatAg
AG
Personally, I'd rather watch that than any episode involving the two bad guys. Just terrible actors and also not written well.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The Barry and iris stuff wasn't the problem. It was the two villains and the suddenly dumber than dirt police and flash that tanked the episode. As others have pointed out, the cops could have easily ended this thing by shooting the villains. Or the flash could have snatched their guns. Or the flash could have used the upgraded legend of Zelda shields. If the police knew when and where the villains were going to be, why not just ambush them as they arrived in the first place.

A little bit of dumb is ok, but there was just too much of it this week.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
That episode was terrible
This sums up my opinion on the episode pretty much.
jlb2957
AG
The problem is you can't give a guys with superspeed enemies with no abilities whatsoever. In one scene, he mentions how the reverse flash could come into the police station and kill ever cop in a couple of seconds.... and then he proceeds to run around in circles instead of just picking up a bat and knocking both those guys over the head before they have a chance to know he is even there.

I just don't like when people write a world like this and then write storylines that make no sense in said world.
chase128
AG
Me too, jib.
Cibalo
maybe they will go back to Star Labs, watch film, and discuss how crappy their plan was
swimmerbabe11
Do we think we are supposed to know who the sister could be?

These guys clearly aren't gone yet. To me, that means that they are clearly pawns for the big bad of the season (which would lead me to believe..reverse flash)
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Do we think we are supposed to know who the sister could be?

These guys clearly aren't gone yet. To me, that means that they are clearly pawns for the big bad of the season (which would lead me to believe..reverse flash)
Captain Cold is a consistent enemy of the Flash. I don't see him as a pawn.

His sister, Lisa Snart, is known as the "Golden Gilder" in the comics. An olympic style ice skater that can skate on any surface.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
  • Peyton List will portray Lisa Snart on The CW's The Flash. Described as sly, charming, a little sadistic, and not afraid to use her sexuality to get what she wants, this version is a wild child who is anxious to prove to her cold and calculating older brother Leonard Snart/Captain Cold that she has what it takes to be in his criminal gang,[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Glider#cite_note-Snart-14][14][/url] Lisa was mentioned, though not by name, when detective Joe West was describing Snart's back story to Barry Allen, stating that their father abused Leonard and Lisa when they were children. She is first seen, only partially, at the end of the Season 1 episode "Revenge of the Rogues", where she breaks Leonard and his accomplice Mick Rory out of an armored car on their way to Iron Heights.

From wikipedia.
swimmerbabe11
Thanks! Hate it when my lack of comic book knowledge flares up in my face. Hard to keep up with everyone!

Hrpmh. I just don't see him as being powerful enough to truly carry an arc, When he got broken out and called it the plan..seemed like that could mean someone better than him was pulling the strings, not just his kid sister. :/
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
seems like the police could have just shot them?
An even halfway-decent sniper could have taken them both out while they were preoccupied with the Flash. They weren't even attempting to NOT be out in the open.

There was a shot where the police were behind their blockade staring at the two of them....who had their backs to the cops shooting their guns up in the air at the Flash.

C'mon.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Thanks! Hate it when my lack of comic book knowledge flares up in my face. Hard to keep up with everyone!

Hrpmh. I just don't see him as being powerful enough to truly carry an arc, When he got broken out and called it the plan..seemed like that could mean someone better than him was pulling the strings, not just his kid sister. :/
That's part of the issue in this adaptation where Cold and Wave were not metas. They just had technology.
Sex Panther
AG
So many dumb things about that episode but maybe the worst part was when Barry put together Firestorm was an acronym after she mentioned going scuba diving

Reminded me of this scene
Knife_Party
Holy ****. Did we just see Wells leave a red streak when he sprinted away from the glass??
agmatt06
AG
Definitely a red streak.
Forum Troll
AG
Good episode tonight, lots of back story
PatAg
AG
Yea, he himself left a red, but maybe in the suit its yellow?
AgMarauder04
AG
And he can't maintain the speed? Wasn't one of the Reverse Flash's from the comics only fast because of the suit?

I wonder if Wells is truly evil or just misguided? Is he more of a Flash worshipper and wants to make him stronger?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
And he can't maintain the speed? Wasn't one of the Reverse Flash's from the comics only fast because of the suit?
In this case it's that tachyon deal on his chest.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, he saves a woman from a car that was thrown off a bridge............and drops her off back on the bridge? And ten yards from the bad guy who just tried to kill her?

He could have left her at a gas station a mile away from the danger.

Sometimes this show doesn't make sense.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Good episode tonight, lots of back story

No. It was red LIGHTNING.

Barry is red blur with yellow lightning.

Reverse Flash is yellow blue with red lightning.
TheDraw
AG
Reverse Flash uses the speedforce in order to move fast. Barry has yet to discover the speed force. Reverse Flash is completely dependent on the FLASH. The tachyon device is temporarily charging him but not doing the job 100% hence him having problems maintaining his speed. It is in his benefit for Barry to continue down his path and get better. Reverse flash is yellow blurr with red streaks. Flash is red blur and yellow streaks.
Knife_Party
Uh, what the heck is the speedforce?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.