*****The Flash Season 1*****

67,294 Views | 592 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Sea Pony 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have constant issues with the cw network with the picture glitching or cutting off part of the show on time warner.
Cibalo
everything is fine with Uverse in Houston
AgMarauder04
AG
Everything is also fine on Hulu the day after, since we don't pay for cable.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Very cool reveal at the end, I was thinking that easter egg from episode 1 was all that was going to come from that character. I'm very interested to see what they do with that.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Very cool reveal at the end, I was thinking that easter egg from episode 1 was all that was going to come from that character. I'm very interested to see what they do with that.
I wonder if Grodd is going to be the big bad at the end of episode 1? Zoom seems to obvious for this early, and I don't think Wells is EVIL, since he did, essentially, create the Flash.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I'm starting to think so. I wonder if they'll go with the "King Grodd" model or an earlier one, but I think it could be awesome either way. Similar to Caesar in Planet of the Apes, except stronger and genus level intellect.
AgMarauder04
AG
I like how the meta-creatures are all connected to their personality or experiences.

Plastique had the explosive particulates in her blood as a disposal expert
Grodd had been experimented on for mind control

They aren't just throwing crap on the wall to see what sticks.
AgMarauder04
AG
Does Wells have to be Zoom? Who else knew West was investigating the murder?

If not Zoom, he's at least in cahoots with the guy!
agmatt06
AG
They definitely seemed to imply that he had something to do with it.

I'm trying to remember what Wells specifically said about the technology, does anybody have the quote?

It was along the lines of "the technology he developed or the continuation of it wasn't used to kill Barry's mother."

I remember thinking that the wording was very specific...
Dro07
AG
I think that the person who killed Barrys mom got his powers the same time that Barry got his. I think that persons powers can bend time and he was trying to kill barry but ended up only killing his mom.
redline248
AG
Except that person apparently took Barry out of the house.
Dro07
AG
quote:
Except that person apparently took Barry out of the house.
Must have missed that part. i thought the dad picked him up and took him outside for some reason. Guess i need to pay more attention

Just checked it dang i was way off.
Murder Hornet
AG
Is Dr. Wells in the comics? I check the interwebs and I can't find any mention of him.

I thought he might be reverse flash after the last episode with the Detective reopening the investigation and then the yellow blur takes all the evidence.
agmatt06
AG
I don't think he is.

It's obvious he knows a whole lot more than what he is admitting to or telling people.

He does seem to be able to see the future in some form or fashion, so he knows the importance of The Flash.

I kind of wonder if his wife's murder is in someway tied to Barry's mothers death.
Knife_Party
I wonder if Wells killed Barry's mom to set him on the path to becoming the flash.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'm betting Wells is being manipulated by another ... under their mind control ...
Sex Panther
AG
Thought it was kind of obvious who it is
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Nope.
Knife_Party
quote:

Definitely not.
agmatt06
AG
I think wells knows how killed Barry's mom. I also think he needs the flash to avenge her death and his wife's death.

toucan82
I think he's the Martian Manhunter
R0GUE
AG
My theory is he is Rip Hunter.
Ganondorf
AG
I enjoy this show for the most part but I have questions.

Why would you be dumb enough to reveal your identity to the bully from your past when you've been trying hard to not tell anyone this whole time? Doesn't this kid watch TV and know people break out of jail all the time?

Also, since Star Labs isn't exactly a prison (just a makeshift one) do the others wear a mask when taking food to the inmates? Do they even feed these people?

How do you keep Mist from escaping when you bring him food?
swimmerbabe11
Overconfidence in the successful capture and imprisonment of villains is a pretty common comic book trope. I've always felt like that was why superheros almost never killed villains..way easier to have a jailbreak than a resurrection to bring back a particularly popular bad guy.

Plus, one of Barry's core attributes is his naive nature. He views things as very simplistic. One of my issues with the show is that if I didn't know for a fact that he finished college and had a real job, I would think he and the rest of the gang could be highschoolers. They all are very young and kept very fresh faced. They also have the kind of sweet/naive mentality that tv shows usually attribute to highschool..not adults.

Take the adults in Arrow for instance, they all seem much older (although I have NO idea how old Speedy is..but remember that she is younger 'kid' sister and seems a little more like the Flash cast's age) However, based on the Felicity/Barry romance..they are at least close in age
redline248
AG
Silly ganondorf, don't worry about such unimportant things.
agmatt06
AG
Awesome episode.

Does wells talking to gidian mean anything?
Ganondorf
AG
I didn't find anything in a quick search from the comics about a Gideon.
redline248
AG
So I'm beginning to think Wells is after whomever killed Barry's mom. I doubt the scene at the end was really about stealing the Flash's power.

Here's my one gripe...Just last week he ran at mach 1. Why is he messing around with Blackout in the first encounter? Cocky? He's fast enough to do crap before people blink and he gets hit?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
So I'm beginning to think Wells is after whomever killed Barry's mom. I doubt the scene at the end was really about stealing the Flash's power.

Here's my one gripe...Just last week he ran at mach 1. Why is he messing around with Blackout in the first encounter? Cocky? He's fast enough to do crap before people blink and he gets hit?
because bad plotting. The guy had electricity powers, not superhuman speed to move his arms around. Flash should have been able to outmaneuver him physically.

So the answer is.... DRAMA!
redline248
AG
Exactly. I hate that.
Red Five
AG
I mean I'm no math scientist, but if he punched the electricity dude while going 700 mph he pretty much turns him into mist, right?
CGSC Lobotomy
Anyone catch all the easter eggs in the names that Wells rattled off?

Ralph Dibney = Elongated Man
Al Rothstein = Atom Smasher
Grant Emerson = Damage
Will Everett = Amazing Man
Bea Dacosta = Fire

and of course Ronnie Raymond = 1/2 of Firestorm
SeattleAgJr
I was a Marvel kid, so most of the minor D.C. villains are unknown to me, but damn those names are unoriginal.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

That was the point of this episode, at least in part. Remember what he did to the mugger? He LOVED his power and it was going to his head.
MrPlow2010
AG
I'm really surprised by this show. It can be corny at times but I look forward to it every week. The action scenes are pretty well done and all the Easter eggs are cool. I have never seen Arrow so I can't compare it to that but this show has been a pleasant surprise this fall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.