*****The Flash Season 1*****

67,296 Views | 592 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MooreTrucker
TheDraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
.TheSpeed Force was the extra-dimensional energy that powers the flash. He is the source of it. The reverse flash merely taps into it. So no flash equal no reverse flash. Think of it as a I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE scenario
toucan82
soooo.... when does he fight a big gorilla?
redline248
AG
Freaking episode with Wells getting his ass kicked by reverse flash is still screwing with my head.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
So many dumb things about that episode but maybe the worst part was when Barry put together Firestorm was an acronym after she mentioned going scuba diving

Ha, this scene made The Soup
Vander
AG
quote:
.TheSpeed Force was the extra-dimensional energy that powers the flash. He is the source of it. The reverse flash merely taps into it. So no flash equal no reverse flash. Think of it as a I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE scenario

No, the Flash is not the source of the SpeedForce. Think of the SpeedForce as an all-encompassing energy in infinite quantities that exist outside the normal universe. It is how all Flashes get their power, which they do by tapping into it.

For all intents and purposes the Speedforce is magic at its base level. The Flash has an enormous repetoire of powers that the Speedforce allows that have not yet appeared on the show (things such as stealing or giving speed from anyone, vibrating through solid objects, making things explode by vibrating it, dimensional travel, time travel, ability to create constructs, make a shield, and total control over his kinetic energy at the molecular level). The Flash is one of the most powerful DCU characters and could take out Superman if need be.

The Speedforce is why assuming that the Flash's only power is speed is a misnomer, his power is actually just the ability to access the Speedforce.

agmatt06
AG
quote:
quote:
So many dumb things about that episode but maybe the worst part was when Barry put together Firestorm was an acronym after she mentioned going scuba diving

Ha, this scene made The Soup

People still watch The Soup?
Ganondorf
AG
I know this is a comic show but I just can't get over how inept the police force really is.
R0GUE
AG
They are 100 times more competent than the cops on Gotham though.
toucan82
I'm already tired of Firestorm. Sorry, F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M.
R0GUE
AG
On the other hand I'm really excited to see more from Grodd now!
SeattleAgJr
quote:
On the other hand I'm really excited to see more from Grodd now!
I really like this show.

Question: I was a Marvel kid growing up. I of course know all of the DC heroes, and the basics of all of their backstories, but why do all of the Flash fans get raging hardons about Grodd?

I read up on him in Wikipedia and he seems to be about as stupid a villian as Sauron is for the X-men. What is so "good" or "cool" about Grodd that has people excited?

I just do not get it.
Vander
AG
Think Lex Luthor with superstrength and immensely powerful telepathy. Grodd is one of the most dangerous Flash villains outside of Zoom/Reverse Flash.
Sex Panther
AG
Probably because he's a talking gorilla
R0GUE
AG
Go back and watch the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited cartoon (on Netflix). Grodd is pretty amazing in that show.
toucan82
quote:
Probably because he's a talking gorilla
nailed it
agmatt06
AG
Really liked this episode.

This show is fast becoming my favorite show over even Arrow.
Knife_Party
The only false start episode was the mr cold/hot episode. The rest have been pretty good. I will say that Barry's new girlfriend is an annoying character. As long as it's not a major focus I can look past it.
AgMarauder04
AG
TIme Travel next week?

Hells yeah.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
The only false start episode was the mr cold/hot episode. The rest have been pretty good. I will say that Barry's new girlfriend is an annoying character. As long as it's not a major focus I can look past it.
I'm interested to see what happens. She is Wally West (Barry's nephew) girl in the comics.
agmatt06
AG
FWIW...She's been on several CW shows, so i would expect her to be around for a bit.

AgMarauder04
AG
They're not going to dump her right away, she is a pretty major comics character, but I would bet she isn't the permanent love interest. I do prefer that to the predictable Snow/Flash romance.
agmatt06
AG
I agree..I'm curious in what capacity they plan to use her.

My initial thought was that she could be the sister to Captain Cool and her falling for Barry is a coincidence (b/c that's how comics work right??).
BigTimeAlum
AG
Was that a Legion ring on Wells hand in this episode? Is that his time travel method?
redline248
AG
I almost forgot about the ring. There was certainly a focus on it.
redline248
AG
Oh, regarding the 2 blood samples...The unidentified could still be Wells, right? I mean, we all assume it's him?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Oh, regarding the 2 blood samples...The unidentified could still be Wells, right? I mean, we all assume it's him?
Unless it's Thawne by that point? We know there are several Reverse Flashes.
redline248
AG
Which one is Thawn?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Which one is Thawn?

Eddie? Iris's boyfriend.

In the comics "Eobold Thawne" is one of the Reverse Flashes known as "Professor Zoom"

I am wondering if Wells is a different one who is not so much evil, but just using nefarious means to get Barry to his full potential. He kept challenging Flash to get better if he wants to "beat" him.
Knife_Party
There is more than one reverse flash? ****in a. I think I need to stop reading this thread.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
There is more than one reverse flash? ****in a. I think I need to stop reading this thread.
There's also like....4 Flashes too.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
FWIW...She's been on several CW shows, so i would expect her to be around for a bit.

At least this time she isn't playing a high school aged character.

Decent episode, glad Barry is moving on from Iris right now. I have to say I haven't really felt that Gustin and Patton really have the chemistry to play a romance well. What is somewhat funny is that I feel the same way about Amell and Cassidy on Arrow. You know they will end up there eventually, but you also know that it will be kind of painful to watch.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

At least this time she isn't playing a high school aged character.

Decent episode, glad Barry is moving on from Iris right now. I have to say I haven't really felt that Gustin and Patton really have the chemistry to play a romance well. What is somewhat funny is that I feel the same way about Amell and Cassidy on Arrow. You know they will end up there eventually, but you also know that it will be kind of painful to watch.
Because both shows will hopefully have a long run, they don't need to be "put together" until the very end.
redline248
AG
I hate that "not until the very end" strategy. Reminds me of Ross/Rachel. I also hate on again/off again. It shouldn't be too hard to have characters go through the ins/outs of a relationship on shows like this, but writers seem to struggle with it.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm just saying it's an option for characters that don't seem to have that chemistry.

Like Oliver and Lauren
or
Barry and Iris
Andyzipp
AG
quote:
Was that a Legion ring on Wells hand in this episode? Is that his time travel method?
Looks like the ring is the ring that Barry Allen used to keep his uniform in in the Silver Age comics.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.