Metroplex
Sponsored by

Goldees BBQ

8,775 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by FunkyTownAg
Cramp00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best in dfw imo. Anybody else tried it? It's being close to home definitely hasn't helped my covid weight gain.

https://www.goldeesbbq.com/
mAgnoliAg
Fort Worth Realtor
AG
I've had it. It's really good. Goldee's and Derek Allan's are the two best in DFW that I've had.
PlanoAg98
AG
Anyone tried Heim BBQ?
Troy91
AG
Heim is awesome. I have not tried the other locations mentioned for comparison.

Heim is better than Pecan Lodge IMO.
Hincemm
AG
i'll have to try goldee's. It's right by my office.

And for me Pecan Lodge > Heim. But don't get me wrong...I'd eat at either.
The Pilot
AG
People saying it's the best in DFW, have yall had Cattleack? It's great. My DFW top 3 would be:

1. Cattleack
2. Pecan Lodge
3. Hutchins
Cramp00
I had Heim twice and wasn't impressed. Different strokes for different folks
Matsui
AG

Heim
Derek Allen's

Both top notch in ftw
Matsui
AG
Cattelack is my number 1 as well.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Hincemm said:

i'll have to try goldee's. It's right by my office.

And for me Pecan Lodge > Heim. But don't get me wrong...I'd eat at either.

Woah it's right by my office too
MavsAg
AG
Cattleack is the best I've had and it's not really close. Everything they have is top notch and I haven't had a turkey come close to theirs.
BoomGoesThe
Another vote for Cattleack. It's consistently the best brisket I've ever had (never been to Snow's), although I'm not crazy about their sides.
Hincemm
AG
Stop stalking me
Cramp00
d magazine article on the goldee's guys. young guys who learned the ropes. they ended up only being open a few months pre covid and having to shut down for awhile.

https://www.dmagazine.com/food-drink/2019/03/goldees-barbecue-will-soon-call-fort-worth-home/
Springtown12
AG
I'm obviously biased but Woody Creek in Springtown is dang good. Their double barrel baked potato is the best.
jwag
AG
Is Springtown Woody Creek same as the one in Fort Worth? Their brisket is great.
Springtown12
AG
Yes, Springtown is the original location. My wife ordered their chicken the other day and it was delicious as well.
CashinOut
AG
Have had Goldees twice now and both times it was solid. Agree with the others that it's one of the best in DFW (except Heim..that place sucks). What really surprised me was their sauce. It was mustard like which is usually gross but this is one of the better sauces I have had.

Got their sliced brisket, jalapeo sausage, and cheesy grits. Oh..and bread pudding.
wbt5845
AG
Good thing about Goldee's is it's close to my house.

Hincemm
AG
I'll eat there this week. Thanks for the reminder
Saxsoon
AG
I just moved to the area and have had Pecan Lodge and Cattleack. I wasn't that impressed with Pecan Lodge given the hype but Cattleack is the best bbq I have had. Being back in Texas I am excited to get to try so many different BBQ places.
rebag00
AG
I ordered it to go about a month ago. It was good. A bit more fat than I like, but the brisket was good. The pork ribs were very good, great rub on them and they were cooked perfectly. I'll definitely eat there again. It is a bit out of the way.
FightinTAC08
AG
my top two are:

1. Hutchins (Frisco or Mckinney)
2. 407 BBQ (Argyle)

although i havent been to cattleack or hurtado which are next on my to do's. Hutchins and 407 are better than pecan lodge, hard 8, and heim
Carlo4
AG
FightinTAC08 said:

my top two are:

1. Hutchins (Frisco or Mckinney)
2. 407 BBQ (Argyle)

although i havent been to cattleack or hurtado which are next on my to do's. Hutchins and 407 are better than pecan lodge, hard 8, and heim
Ummm is Hutchins still open in McKinney after the fire burned part of the place down?
FightinTAC08
AG
Nope. I think they are targeting April reopening
TresPuertas
AG
Haven't had Goldees yet. But I can tell you that I've tried just about everything else and it's

1. Cattleack

Everything else. Don't get me wrong. That doesn't mean there isn't other great places around but Cattleack just is on another level. It's worth every minute you have to wait.
Boat Shoes
AG
These guys are about to blow up. I personally thought the BBQ was fantastic when I went a couple of weeks ago. Close to Cattleack level, which is my favorite in DFW.

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2021/02/10/im-calling-it-goldees-in-fort-worth-is-the-best-new-barbecue-joint-in-north-texas/
CashinOut
AG
Glad to see them grow but really hate that it'll be busy and have to stand in a line for it
agcrock2005
AG
Was just about to post this article and ask if anyone had ever heard of this place...looks like I'm late!
_lefraud_
AG
I think the location will keep a lot of people away, well at least that's what I'm hoping...
Cramp00
(gone now, but good dudes)
_lefraud_
AG
Goldees hit the spot this afternoon, and the free shiner on keg was an awesome bonus.
fc2112
And now Texas Monthly says best in Texas. Good for them - but bad for me since the lines are gonna get too long.
Ag CPA
AG
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/top-50-bbq-could-this-fort-worth-joint-be-next-big-spot/287-85b7378c-b3bf-4cac-b86e-afb56f3ca9a0
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.