Metroplex
Sponsored by

Goldees BBQ

8,790 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by FunkyTownAg
Vtg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heim is terrible. Panther City BBQ has water downed brisket. I haven't tried Goldees yet but HEB's True Texas BBQ in Seguin and San Antonio (Bulverde/1604) have in my opinion better BBQ than most on the list.
Saxsoon
AG
Well I know where I will be this Friday
Saxsoon
AG
Vtg said:

Heim is terrible. Panther City BBQ has water downed brisket. I haven't tried Goldees yet but HEB's True Texas BBQ in Seguin and San Antonio (Bulverde/1604) have in my opinion better BBQ than most on the list.
If it is remotely like the HEB bbq from Lubbock then I don't think you understand good bbq
Boat Shoes
AG
Boat Shoes said:

These guys are about to blow up. I personally thought the BBQ was fantastic when I went a couple of weeks ago. Close to Cattleack level, which is my favorite in DFW.

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2021/02/10/im-calling-it-goldees-in-fort-worth-is-the-best-new-barbecue-joint-in-north-texas/

Wow, this writer was spot on!

Vtg
I have not been to the location in Lubbock. There are various locations but the two I specifically named have really good brisket and beef ribs. I have eaten at the top ten named in the last Texas Monthly edition and by far Franklin and these two locations of True Texas are in my opinion very good.
Saxsoon
AG
Vtg said:

I have not been to the location in Lubbock. There are various locations but the two I specifically named have really good brisket and beef ribs. I have eaten at the top ten named in the last Texas Monthly edition and by far Franklin and these two locations of True Texas are in my opinion very good.
I will say this, Dickey's far exceeded the True Texas in Lubbock
FunkyTownAg
AG
If youre in Lubbock and want BBQ then Evie Maes is the only answer
Saxsoon
AG
FunkyTownAg said:

If youre in Lubbock and want BBQ then Evie Maes is the only answer
Oh I agree, but was with a pregnant sister and didn't have the time to run that far and wait for the food. Evies was incredible
double aught
AG
TresPuertas said:

Haven't had Goldees yet. But I can tell you that I've tried just about everything else and it's

1. Cattleack

Everything else. Don't get me wrong. That doesn't mean there isn't other great places around but Cattleack just is on another level. It's worth every minute you have to wait.
I've got to disagree to an extent on Cattleack. It's very good, but not head and shoulders above Pecan Lodge or a few other top spots. Not worth a two hour wait when I can walk right in at Terry Black's.
powerbelly
AG
double aught said:

TresPuertas said:

Haven't had Goldees yet. But I can tell you that I've tried just about everything else and it's

1. Cattleack

Everything else. Don't get me wrong. That doesn't mean there isn't other great places around but Cattleack just is on another level. It's worth every minute you have to wait.
I've got to disagree to an extent on Cattleack. It's very good, but not head and shoulders above Pecan Lodge or a few other top spots. Not worth a two hour wait when I can walk right in at Terry Black's.
Terry Black's is better than either of those. I had Pecan Lodge recently and it was not good, they are a shell of what they once were.
double aught
AG
I love Terry Black's. Great location, great setup, rarely a wait, and consistently very good food.

I really like Lockhart too. I ate some of the best brisket I've ever had there, but it's not consistently at that level.
Boat Shoes
AG
Cattleack is still the best in Dallas in my opinion but I frequent Terry Blacks way more often. So easy to park, short line, great food, nice patio, good music, and full bar. Tough to beat that total package.
FunkyTownAg
AG
Hutchins is also up there for the best in the greater Dallas area, and for whatever its worth one of the other Fort Worth joints that made the list, Smokaholics, is damn good.
gabehcoud
drove by and no line about 30 minutes ago. loaded up
Ag CPA
AG
Did it meet expectations, I'm going to make the trek down there in the next week or two.
gabehcoud
Ag CPA said:

Did it meet expectations, I'm going to make the trek down there in the next week or two.

Yep, still great. Went quite often prior to the texas monthly article, but first time since on account of usual lines.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Hutchins is also up there for the best in the greater Dallas area,
Is there a difference between Hutchins Frisco & McKinney? I love Hutchins Frisco!
FunkyTownAg
AG
Frisco is way better
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.