Elden Ring Trailer Leak

40,423 Views | 560 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by DallasTeleAg
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
docaggie
AG
My oldest son started playing.
I can't help but chuckle at the cries of "noooooooo" and "argh, not again!" coming from him as he plays.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Cromagnum
AG
Pretty damn funny.

BenFiasco14
AG
I'm a recent newbie to this game.

I beat Malenia today. Wanted to tell others that would understand.

Yes I summoned help
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
satexas
AG
My best friend wants to play this with me using the seemless multiplayer mod.

Has anyone played this way? What was the experience like?
Gonna have to flush the toilet, but that's one expensive poo.
joerobert_pete06
AG
Is this game better than call of duty? That's all I really play
bluefire579
AG

That's gotta be Miquella on the horse, right?
Tergdor
AG
Most likely, although the hair is slightly different than official art of Miquella out there (the braided crown). He's also noticeably smaller than the arm in the egg suggests.

I'm guessing this is a concept art for a cinematic.
zip04
AG
There is a good CO-OP mod out. Having beaten the game previously, it is fun going back through it now with my kids via CO-OP.
DallasTeleAg
PC only, though.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just got this game, what are people thoughts about it now that the game has aged a little?
bluefire579
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Just got this game, what are people thoughts about it now that the game has aged a little?
Arguably the best in the genre. Bloodborne is the only one I'd say is at the same level (I go back and forth on which one is better, personally).
DallasTeleAg

The same as it was at launch: instant classic. I've started new games at 3 other times, with different builds.

On replays, I don't go into every single dungeon or cave, because there's no reason to if you know where the items you need are. But the game is still fantastic, and a great entry level game for Souls noob.

You still get that great level design in several of the main areas, with the open world in between each.

Bloodborne is still my favorite of the series, followed by elden ring. I do think sekiro is slept on as a masterpiece, but definitely the hardest FromSoft game.

Are you new to Soulsborne?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I've only played Sekiro. I never beat it. I rage quit after a month of playing it every year or so.
bluefire579
AG
Elden Ring is still challenging, but much more forgiving and accessible than Sekiro
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I've been looking at reviews on best builds, and some of them have me using the same weapons and armor I started with. Is the type of armor you have more of a cosmetic feature than a functional one?
DallasTeleAg
Oh... don't lookup builds. Just play the game and play with what's fun.

Yes, many of the starting weapons are fantastic and can be used the entire game. The samurai is basically an OP starting class, due to weapons and armor.

That's why I play elden ring as the wretch, to start. I love starting with just a club, and finding everything.

I guess I just loved exploration and finding things in the game, my first play through. Following a guide is just a targeted way to try and be OP, just to beat the game.

Are you just trying to beat the game because you want to say you've beaten a souls game? Or are you looking to actually experience the game?

Elden ring gives you ways to completely respec, so you can try different builds and weapons out. Many of the weapons in the game are completely viable.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Thanks, that's good advice. I will avoid the spoilers stuff.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
This game is awesome. Already liking it more than Sekiro. The dungeons are great so far, although I feel like I'm always running away from something about to finish me off.

I do like to complete a dungeon, and then go back and watch the guide on it to see the 15 secret passageways I missed.
farmersfight
AG
I've had this game for 1.5+ years...get super frustrated with the final boss, just can't do it! I've watched and tried tips from youtube and still struggle. I've been grinding up levels and that is draining my soul! It took forever but took out Malenia, this is the only one I have left.

I have larval tears to respec, anyone mind sharing their best character to annihilate the giant worm?
jr15aggie
AG
I've still got this one on my video game to-do list. I got sucked into Lies of P since it was "free" on gamepass (and because it's a really good souls-like game!).

I've beaten every Demon/Dark Souls game so far, but they are definitely a grind... I'm getting old and these games take effort!
Cromagnum
AG
Damn. Malenia was way harder than the Elden Beast.
chase128
AG
Elden Beast can be difficult if you only do holy damage (it's resistant to holy and bleed) and if you can't do some ranged damage.
bluefire579
AG
There's been a lot of activity with their Steam testing branches lately. Betting we get a trailer with the game awards tomorrow
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I beat Godrick last week, slowly churning my way through Lakes of Liurnia now. Still getting owned by half the map.
DallasTeleAg
Who here has played the Seemless Co-op mod? I'm amazed at how great it works, and am now wishing From had included this from the beginning, so you could do it on console.

I started playing it with a buddy of mine, and it is such a blast running around this game as a co-op experience.
zip04
AG
I have played it and think it is a great mod as well. Should have been included with the stock game.
DBird
farmersfight said:

I've had this game for 1.5+ years...get super frustrated with the final boss, just can't do it! I've watched and tried tips from youtube and still struggle. I've been grinding up levels and that is draining my soul! It took forever but took out Malenia, this is the only one I have left.

I have larval tears to respec, anyone mind sharing their best character to annihilate the giant worm?
The Blasphemous Blade AOW scales with Faith. It got me through the end of the game quite easily. In retrospect, when I do play through this game again, I won't be using this weapon. It was far too OP.
texsn95
AG
DLC coming soon....
DallasTeleAg
texsn95 said:

DLC coming soon....
BadMoonRisin
AG
Did they ever enable 3440x1440p widescreen display out of the box? I bought the game, but when I had to install some weird workaround and disable multiplayer somehow, I returned the game.

Might consider buying it if they have fixed that and also to play on steamdeck.
Cromagnum
AG
I went Dex build with Moonveil my first playthrough like all the other noobs.

I am 3/4 through a new playthrough on a Holy Dex / Faith build with coded sword this time around and smoking stuff.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm still on my first playthrough, and I'm doing a blood samurai build.

Im getting bored with it though, so I think about about to try a great sword tank type build.
FtWorthHorn

I'm still on my first playthrough, and I'm doing a blood samurai build.

Im getting bored with it though, so I think about about to try a great sword tank type build.

I get it on the blood builds being pretty boring. IMO the fun thing (and one of my favorite runs) was just straight Uchigatana samurai. Unsheathe is wildly good.
DallasTeleAg
Great Stars is a really fun weapon, and you can get 2 of them in your first playthrough. Dual wielding those with jump attacks is awesome.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.