Elden Ring Trailer Leak

41,099 Views | 560 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by DallasTeleAg
DallasTeleAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doesn't Glinstone Arc require a staff? Seals are for incantations.
chase128
AG
You definitely need to equip a staff to cast Sorcery spells.

Seals are only for Incantations.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Ah dang you're right. Welp… need to do more leveling up to be able to use the staff. Oh well… let's go kill some baddies!
bbattbq01
AG
Finished ranni quest tonight. Some good lore stuff there.

Eff commander Niall. Need his medallion half but he's mean and won't give it to me.
chase128
AG
Does anyone know what the "lesser wormface" enemies are weak to? These are the enemies who vomit worms at you from miles away, worms which cause death blight.

They aren't weak to bleed, but I think they might be weak to fire.
Halibut
AG
bbattbq01 said:

Eff commander Niall. Need his medallion half but he's mean and won't give it to me.
Niall:
I normally try to solo bosses, but if they've got more than one guy, then I'm summoning an ash. By that point in the game you should have an arsenal of ashes. Summon a powerful ash if you want an easier fight, or a tanky ash if you just want it to be more manageable, and upgrade it to +8, +9, or +10.

You can also dismiss your ash once you've gotten rid of his 2 goons if you still want to finish the fight solo.

It seems From really wants you to have an extra body on your side in some fights, whether that's coop or ashes. If you want to try to do it completely solo, then good luck.
TriumphForks
AG
Some of these fights are clearly balanced with spirit summons in mind. Problem is the spirit summons often make the fight too easy so the fight becomes unbalanced in the other direction. Maybe that's what they intended. Too often it feels like "easy mode" to me rather than simply evening the odds. But some of the fights without them are just brutal.
BAP Enthusiast
TriumphForks said:

Some of these fights are clearly balanced with spirit summons in mind. Problem is the spirit summons often make the fight too easy so the fight becomes unbalanced in the other direction. Maybe that's what they intended. Too often it feels like "easy mode" to me rather than simply evening the odds. But some of the fights without them are just brutal.

Bosses are far too fast with unblockable attacks to make trying to fight them solo worthwhile. The game has a lot of bull**** bosses and melee is definitely much harder than ranged combat.
bluefire579
AG
bbattbq01 said:

There's an item you can craft that can turn his summons against him. Think you can also buy it from the merchant on the way to the lift to the Altus Plateau. He's also susceptible to Scarlet Rot, so if you have that, you can whittle his health down while you fight.

Once he's alone, staying at about a half-arena distance locks him into maybe 2 or 3 different attacks that are pretty well telegraphed.
DallasTeleAg
The Commander Niall fight is when I discovered the Glintblade Phalanx ash of war. One single volley of those breaks the poise of the adds. I could then crit them immediately and they would die. Of course, my crits did a helluva lot of damage.

I highly recommend trying the Glintblade Phalanx to break both adds' poise, as well as Commander Niall. They seem to have a very small poise meter.
bbattbq01
AG
I finally found some ghost glovewort 8 so I could level my mimic tears up to +10. Hopefully that will help next time I can play! I did try those charm branches but I used all five and don't have the recipe, so… back to the old fashioned way. Just need to git gooder!
bluefire579
AG
bbattbq01 said:

I finally found some ghost glovewort 8 so I could level my mimic tears up to +10. Hopefully that will help next time I can play! I did try those charm branches but I used all five and don't have the recipe, so… back to the old fashioned way. Just need to git gooder!
Have you completed the quest from the guy in white who's at the first site of grace in Limgrave? His quest gives you an item to teleport you to one of the underground areas. When you reach it, speak to the guy in the library back at Roundtable Hold, and he'll give you the recipe.
DallasTeleAg
I think it would be interesting to rank the top 10 hardest boss fights in this game, after many of us have finished them all.
easttexasaggie04
AG
What do the items do that make you look like other characters? The which sells them at the roundtable hold area
chase128
AG
I beat the game.

The final boss is impressive looking, but man beating it feels like you have to cheat fate. The boss covers a lot of ground and you can't ride your horse, so you're constantly chasing it. I had to use my bow sniper spell just to have a chance to hit it.

It has several attacks which can kill you almost outright, and I had 55 Vigor. I had to hope that the boss would target my mimic so I'd have a chance.

I'm not sure how a solo player, especially melee, is supposed to get through this fight.
chase128
AG
Did some research and there's something I could have done to make the final battle way easier. Won't spoil it.
zip04
AG
I'm melee and there have definitely been some fights where I wish I had better range. That is another thing I love about this game, my next play through will be a completely different experience.
DallasTeleAg
I have finally gone through everywhere and beat all the main bosses. Decided to go ahead and end it with Ranni's ending.

I am 140 hours of gameplay in, and level 171.

My R hand weapon does 541 dmg and my left hand does 533; dual wielding twinblades with Blood Loss Ashes of war, and the headpiece and talisman that increase attack power when blood loss is in the vicinity. Puts my damage around 740 for each weapon when I proc blood loss, which is usually after 1 or 2 hits.

As for the final boss, it's very dodgeable. I actually found the first phase to be the harder of the two. The bosses that gave me the hardest times in the game were: Crucible Knight Duo, Final Boss, and Malenia. I think every other boss I beat in less than an hour of tries.

Absolutely fantastic game and definitely in my top 5 of all time. Is it number 1? Nostalgia for others says no, but it's just as good of a game as everything else in my top 5.

I'm sure there's a couple of things here or there that I missed, but I have covered the entire map and killed everything I could find. I never skipped a single boss encounter, so there is nothing serious left for me to do. I also finished Ranni's and Sellen's questlines

10/10. Loved my time and will be sad to not be playing it anymore. I'm not going to progress to new game because I want to wait for DLC to come out, and use my same character.

Will I play it again? Man, maybe one day. This game is just so freaking massive that I don't know if I could finish it a second time. Bloodborne is one I've beaten 3 times, but you can clear that entire game in a few days, even if you aren't rushing it.
chase128
AG
I'm probably not starting NG+, but I'll be playing co-op some. It's been fun jumping into other games to help with bosses. I've got a friend who is working through the game I'll be him helping out.

Definitely a fun experience, I hope From Software improves on this open world format with their next game.

The final boss, the dragonlord, and the tree sentinel duo were probably my toughest bosses.

(I'm excited to finally get to the FF6 pixel remaster and the Horizon series!)
DallasTeleAg
I was planning to play Horizon Forbidden West, but I need a break from open world for a while. I'm just going to jump into some chill games to relax before jumping into that one.
Prime0882
AG
I finally got the platinum trophy for the game last night after uploading a save file to the cloud, unlocking an ending, and downloading the saved file to cycle through until all the ending achievements were unlocked. I also completed the quest chains for Fia, Dung Eater, Varre, Volcano Manor, Goldmask, Sellen, and the Beast Cleric. I believe I completed every cave/catacomb/boss on the map, but even yesterday I realized I missed the very first Armorer's Cookbook and went off to find it and realized I missed the Limgrave Deathbird, so who knows what may still be out there.

I finished the game at around 148 hours played, around level 180, as an Astrologer staying with a pure INT build. I think by the end of the game I had 80 Int, 50 Mind, and 49 Vigor using the talismans to increase sorcery damage, Radagon's Icon, Erdtree Medallion +2, and the Holy Resist medallion for the last boss (otherwise I would use the +2 FP medallion).

By the endgame I was leaning heavily on Glintblade spells (mostly Adula's Moonblade) as my bread and butter, Stars of Ruin for fast moving foes (everything by the endgame), and the always useful Rock Sling. I also leaned heavily on the Wings of Astel as my melee weapon since the Ashes of War for that one is an amazing arc of magic explosions right in-front of you that could stun lock most lesser and medium level foes. I used a combination of Lusat +10 or Carian Royal Scepter +10 plus the Meteorite Staff in my OH for bosses if I was trying to stay at range. For the first 1/3 of the game I heavily used a shield/staff combo until I got more and more comfortable only using weapons in both hands.

Malenia, the final boss, and Astel (Stars of Darkness version in a Consecrated Snowfield cave) were the biggest boss obstacles I had during my play through. I have no clue why that version of Astel was such an issue for me compared to the first one you fight in the underworld, but I could rarely ever successfully dodge the tail attack and it wasn't until I figured out where to go for its grab attack that I finally got it down. Radhan was a bit of a roadblock too, but after I abandoned the idea of trying to get up into the fight with all the summons and just run around like a field commander summoning troops I finally got him down. My vigor was way too low at that point to get into his range.

For lesser bosses - Ulcerated Tree Spirits and Crucible Knights were generally my biggest obstacles, but I weirdly had a really easy time with the Crucible Knight Duo boss fight since I could have my Mimic Tear or Black Knife Tische tank one of them, which was such a giant help. An underrated summons I would use on occasion is the Greatshield Soldier ashes - those five guys would surround an enemy with their shields up and it was pretty comical to watch one of the catacomb bosses completely unable to move while I did my thing.

This was my first ever FromSoftware game that I played for more than an hour. I loved that this was a Breath of the Wild-esque sandbox for the most part since the sheer size I feel like rivals anything I have played single-player before. Just like BoTW I always felt like there was more and more to explore and it seemed like if I could see an area then I would be able to get there one day. I think only The Witcher 3 with all the DLCs clocks in around the same playtime that I have with this one. I loved the atmospheric world they developed, the gameplay was great, but my biggest complaints are the jumping/platforming feels like PS2/PS3 era stuff and the camera can be my biggest foe sometimes, especially on big enemies or ones that jump high in the air.

It's a solid 9/10, but I also doubt I'll be jumping into a NG+... I was amazed I never got open world fatigue with this one the way I have previously - Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn took me years to complete after playing, putting it down, and coming back. An amazing experience, but I will be looking forward to playing something hopefully a little less moody as my next game.
chase128
AG
Prime0882 said:

[snip]

By the endgame I was leaning heavily on Glintblade spells (mostly Adula's Moonblade) as my bread and butter, Stars of Ruin for fast moving foes (everything by the endgame), and the always useful Rock Sling. I also leaned heavily on the Wings of Astel as my melee weapon since the Ashes of War for that one is an amazing arc of magic explosions right in-front of you that could stun lock most lesser and medium level foes. I used a combination of Lusat +10 or Carian Royal Scepter +10 plus the Meteorite Staff in my OH for bosses if I was trying to stay at range. For the first 1/3 of the game I heavily used a shield/staff combo until I got more and more comfortable only using weapons in both hands.

I played through most of the game as a Mage as well, and it's cool to see someone else have a really similar load out. I tried out a lot of the spells and ended up using Moonblade and Rock Sling a ton since they were so effective. Sling staggers and Moonblade is amazing damage. I'm glad they made Stars of Ruin cost less FP, I started using it more since then.

I was the same way with using a shield/staff for the first part of the game. I didn't shift to staff offhand and sword main hand until I got Wing of Astel. Fantastic weapon art for sure. Moonveil Katana is still incredibly strong as well, even after it was nerfed.

I found the most reliable way to beat Crucible Knights when you have to solo them is to us a small shield with parry. Tedious compared to most other enemies in the game.
TriumphForks
AG
Congrats on the win and the Platinum!! Glad you had an enjoyable experience.
Sq1dvm
AG
Welp, put on my big boy pants and dove back in. I think samurai / 2 hand was just not a good fit for me. Switched to dual wield with 2 katanas (with bloody sash) and I'm having a lot more success.

Also finally managed to get a series X this week, this game looked good on xbox one, stunning on series x.
bbattbq01
AG
Still couldn't beat Niall, so went back to crumbling place again. The level design in this game is amazing, they really use all three dimensions to the fullest.

Took me a while to figure out the way through but finally made it down to the "beast cleric". Almost have him down but tired now and must zzz.
bluefire579
AG
bbattbq01 said:

Still couldn't beat Niall, so went back to crumbling place again. The level design in this game is amazing, they really use all three dimensions to the fullest.

Took me a while to figure out the way through but finally made it down to the "beast cleric". Almost have him down but tired now and must zzz.
Beat him last night. That one's a hell of a fight
DallasTeleAg
Niall is all about the poise break. I'm telling ya.
bbattbq01
AG
Played an hour after work and got to elden beast. Beat boss at elden throne on first go, gotta be a first for me lol
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Took me 85 hours but just finished the final boss. Will spend some time clearing out some dungeons I missed and some hidden bosses.

Really enjoyed the game. It was a ton of fun and most games I don't enjoy a NG+ but I'm looking forward to going though again.

The only bosses that really gave me a run for my money were:
Malenia
Radahn (pre-nerf)
Commander Niall

All the others I beat in a few tries. Malenia was the most rage inducing of the game though. But it felt good to finally win.
bbattbq01
AG
Teleported to the hold and got a message that there were new items for purchase, I guess when I set the tree on fire it moved the recipe book with the charm item to the hold… so was able to buy it and craft some more bewitching branch things. Result: Niall down.
Now exploring the haligtree… have made it down to elpheal. Man that first gauntlet run in the canopy with the a-hole giant horn blower was a pita.
DallasTeleAg
bbattbq01 said:

Teleported to the hold and got a message that there were new items for purchase, I guess when I set the tree on fire it moved the recipe book with the charm item to the hold… so was able to buy it and craft some more bewitching branch things. Result: Niall down.
Now exploring the haligtree… have made it down to elpheal. Man that first gauntlet run in the canopy with the a-hole giant horn blower was a pita.
I loved the Haligtree because it started getting challenging, again. Then you get to Malenia, and you get to rage some more!

For me, the key to defeating Malenia was actually finally max leveling and using my mimic tear. After struggling with her for a couple hours, I swapped to a max leveled Mimic Tear for the first time ever and beat her on the first try. Our combined attacks with the bloodloss just destroyed her. I still had to use my knowledge, though, of all her attacks. She has a couple that are EXTREMELY hard to doge, and are basically instakills.
bbattbq01
AG
Not looking forward to her, hopefully will get to her this weekend and can do that and then try and finish the game before I'm out of town for work the week before Easter. Have only fought elden beast once but he doesn't seem like he's going to be that tough (famous last words).
Prime0882
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

bbattbq01 said:

I loved the Haligtree because it started getting challenging, again. Then you get to Malenia, and you get to rage some more!

For me, the key to defeating Malenia was actually finally max leveling and using my mimic tear. After struggling with her for a couple hours, I swapped to a max leveled Mimic Tear for the first time ever and beat her on the first try. Our combined attacks with the bloodloss just destroyed her. I still had to use my knowledge, though, of all her attacks. She has a couple that are EXTREMELY hard to doge, and are basically instakills.
I had to do the opposite... went in there at first trying to kill her as a mage with my mimic tear and the tear was torn to shreds while it kept using the Loretta's Greatbow spell at point blank range (my fault looking back for having that spell memorized at the time).

It wasn't until I tried the encounter with Black Knife Tiche that I finally got her down. Tear was great for me in the mid-game, but towards the end I started using Tiche for everything since her DoT is amazing and she can keep aggro pretty well.
TriumphForks
AG
I am actually kind of surprised the "secret" area of the map was not saved for DLC. As mentioned earlier the difficulty really ramps up which is typical for DLC in these games and length wise it would be perfect for a dlc. I was really stubborn and wanted to kill Malenia without a summon…… took me 25 dad gum hours but I finally did it.
bluefire579
AG
https://www.pcgamesn.com/elden-ring/2-delayed

Quote:

Bad news if you've already beaten the latest FromSoftware hit: Elden Ring 2 has been delayed. "We wanted to start work on Elden Ring 2 as soon as development on the first game concluded," director Hidetaka Miyazaki tells us in an exclusive interview. "However, Mr [George RR] Martin won't agree to a meeting until he beats Margit, the Fell Omen. Every time we reach out, he tells us that we must 'put our foolish ambitions to rest'".

Martin was given a pre-release copy of Elden Ring, and has attempted to defeat Margit over 70 times over the past two months. That doesn't sound like much, but we're told that Martin creates a new character every time he dies, writes 100 pages of backstory for them, and simply cackles each time the 'you died' message appears on screen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.