Desantis to be Trump's VP?

18,107 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by dreyOO
La Bamba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Basically the dream ticket
aggiepanic95
AG
Best VP he could pick...or AG. Regardless, this would be a smart move by Trump. Hoping it would be the same for Ron. Really want him as president in 2028.
GAC06
AG
Quote:

Basically the dream ticket

If Trump gets elected then keels over
suburban cowboy
AG
this is how you start MAGA
Prosperdick
AG
Kamala - DeSantis debate...OMG talk about a blood bath.
Sid Farkas
AG
Republican landslide incoming.
Kvetch
AG
I would love it but I'm not sure it would really be a ticket that draws votes Trump wasn't already going to get. I'm not sure it's really advantageous for Desantis either. I would think he'd be better off finishing his term in Florida and taking a cabinet position.
Rapier108
Probably just wants DeSantis' war chest.

Every single time Trump meets with someone, they're suddenly going to be his VP pick.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggiehawg
AG
Rapier108 said:

Every single time Trump meets with someone, they're suddenly going to be his VP pick.
Do you put a NY newspaper in your toilet everyday so you can say you took a s*** on Trump?

Broken record.
rgag12
AG
Would be a bonehead move by DeSantis.
AtticusMatlock
The woman quietly running the Trump campaign in the background is very skilled and she's a former Desantis advisor.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/04/26/susie-wiles-trump-desantis-profile-00149654
SA68AG
AG
DeSantis is an alpha dog. He's not going to be anybody's VP.
MaroonStain
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

The woman quietly running the Trump campaign in the background is very skilled and she's a former Desantis advisor.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/04/26/susie-wiles-trump-desantis-profile-00149654

I hope she didn't advise Desantis during the national campaign.
Prosperdick
AG
Trump names DeSantis VP...the corrupt DOJ somehow twists one of the indictments against Trump so he's not able to run and they name Ron as the POTUS nominee at the RNC. Trump gives his full endorsement and Ron wins in a landslide and immediately pardons Trump.

Dream scenario.
HillCountry15
SA68AG said:

DeSantis spends 4 years as VP, throws his name in the ring for 2028, and then wins the next two terms. 12 years of no bull****
aggie93
AG
Kvetch said:

I would love it but I'm not sure it would really be a ticket that draws votes Trump wasn't already going to get. I'm not sure it's really advantageous for Desantis either. I would think he'd be better off finishing his term in Florida and taking a cabinet position.
Oh it would absolutely get votes. DeSantis has a solid and very loyal following and a lot of them really don't like Trump. There are also a lot of folks who realize that there are many reasons Trump won't serve a full term if elected and whomever is his VP has a very real chance of actually taking office starting with him being past life expectancy.

It's going to take Trump convincing DeSantis though and not the other way around. DeSantis has a lot more to lose by signing up for that. Some people will hate him for doing so. Trump loves to crap over his allies as DeSantis knows all too well. Most of all regardless DeSantis is still in the best position of anyone to be the nominee in '28 as things stand. A big part of that though is he has just enough separation from Trump while also being aligned with him on policy. The Trump magic is a one trick pony, he has not been able to transfer it to others so whomever follows him will have to have their own power base.

Not holding my breath but happy to watch and see what happens.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Dave Robicheaux
AG
Did trump register in New York?
Buck Turgidson
DeSantis is too important as the governor of a large state that could shift back to purple if he left. He is working wonders and needs to stay where he is unless the move is to the presidency.
Muy
AG
HillCountry15 said:

SA68AG said:

DeSantis spends 4 years as VP, throws his name in the ring for 2028, and then wins the next two terms. 12 years of no bull****

Exactly. He wouldn't be your typical VP given he's a proven solid leader and not some DC swamp rat.
eric76
AG
If the current trial were to end in a hung jury as some Trump supporters seem to want, that wouldn't mean that Trump walks. While it could lead to some kind of plea deal, if the Democrats are really doing this just to harm Trump, they would surely want another trial to tie Trump up even more. Then there are the other trials that would take him out of the campaign. Don't expect much campaign effort out of Trump.

Apparently Biden has quite a campaign organization already in operation. He supposedly has over 500 local campaign offices already in operation and is making campaign appearances. How does Trump compare?

From one point of view, this would appear to be a good combination on the surface. DeSantis as the thinking man's candidate and Trump as the candidate for those who can't think. The ticket is backwards, though.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
eric76
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

DeSantis is too important as the governor of a large state that could shift back to purple if he left. He is working wonders and needs to stay where he is unless the move is to the presidency.
Term limits?
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
El Gallo Blanco
MaroonStain said:

AtticusMatlock said:

I hope she didn't advise Desantis during the national campaign.

To be fair, I am not sure what Desantis could have done to get more buzz or exposure. The media on all sides was entirely focused on Trump. Brilliant move by the left to keep martyring him, keeping him front and center. You can't get much buzz if everyone just wants to cover your lightning rod opposition. Going all out on offensive attacks against Trump would have been political suicide.
Im Gipper
According to reports, Trump had one question for DeSantis:

"You've never shot a puppy, right?"

I'm Gipper
AggieVictor10
AG
Smart move for the GOP. Said it awhile back that this would be a nightmare scenario for the dems.
Kraft Punk
SA68AG said:

Yea he was a total Alpha when he couldn't outduel Haley, much less Trump
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Trump has clearly stated his VP pick must first and foremost be presidential. DeSantis fits that bill. It would also be of benefit to DeSantis as he needs a little polish to succeed on the national stage. A few years as VP would give that to him.
AggieVictor10
AG
SA68AG said:

Fanfic.
agz win
AG
DeSantis is well educated and knows don eventually throws everyone he touches under busses. No way DeSantis plays second banana to this chaos.
Rockdoc
AG
Rapier108 said:

Dude you're better than this. I know you are.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Prosperdick said:

Kamala - DeSantis debate...OMG talk about a blood bath.
My dog could out debate that mental midget.
#FJB
SA68AG
AG
Muy said:

HillCountry15 said:

SA68AG said:

Exactly. He wouldn't be your typical VP given he's a proven solid leader and not some DC swamp rat.
Do you honestly think Trump is going to share the limelight with someone else and let DeSantis get wins ?

I don't think that's in Trump's genes. I'd love to see Trump turn DeSantis loose to clean up the DOJ, FBI and half a dozen other agencies.

Funky Winkerbean
AG
You think Trump is going to try and destroy his VP pick? Your TDS is flaring.
Prosperdick
AG
SA68AG said:

Muy said:

HillCountry15 said:

SA68AG said:

Do you honestly think Trump is going to share the limelight with someone else and let DeSantis get wins ?

I don't think that's in Trump's genes. I'd love to see Trump turn DeSantis loose to clean up the DOJ, FBI and half a dozen other agencies.

That's the other dream scenario.

Actually perfect dream scenario is Trump/DeSantis ticket wins and the first two years Ron takes a blowtorch to all the alphabet agencies while Trump reinstates all his EO's and goes through his 3rd, 4th and maybe 5th impeachment from the rabid, woke left.

They finally get Trump out and DeSantis finishes the last two years and we get him for 10 straight years. That could get this country back on it's feet for another century perhaps.

Sadly it will never happen.
SA68AG
AG
Kraft Punk said:

SA68AG said:

Yea he was a total Alpha when he couldn't outduel Haley, much less Trump
Sounds like you've slept through his governorship or have been living under a rock.

You must have missed the debate with Newsome too.

I guess i missed his debate with Trump. Oh. I forgot Trump didn't have the balls to debate DeSantis.

Hopefully Trump will have a chance to debate Biden and do better than he did 4 years ago.
PA24
AG
My third choice:, not going to energize the party
Abbott
Paul

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.