Desantis to be Trump's VP?

19,008 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by dreyOO
geoag58
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kvetch said:

I would love it but I'm not sure it would really be a ticket that draws votes Trump wasn't already going to get. I'm not sure it's really advantageous for Desantis either. I would think he'd be better off finishing his term in Florida and taking a cabinet position.

Don't overthink this one. This would be the best that could happen!
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
The Banned
GAC06 said:

peacedude said:

If *I* were Trump, it's me and Ron, and I'm going to quit after 2.5 years and let him have around 10 years to fix this debacle of a country.

That would require Trump to care about something other than himself

This. Voted for Trump twice. Will vote a 3rd. But so many loyal followers don't see it. They think Trump wants to save America. But what Trump wants is for TRUMP to save America. All of his rhetoric towards others (like calling him desanctimonius on the very same night he destroyed Florida Democrats) shows that if it can't be him then he'd rather it all burn down.
TexAgs91
AG
rgag12 said:

Would be a bonehead move by DeSantis.
If DeSantis isn't VP, he's either on his way to congress or he's on his way to obscurity. He might have one more failed presidential run in him. But if he's VP, he'll have much more credibility with the rest of the country.
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
geoag58
AG
The Banned said:

GAC06 said:

peacedude said:

If *I* were Trump, it's me and Ron, and I'm going to quit after 2.5 years and let him have around 10 years to fix this debacle of a country.

This. Voted for Trump twice. Will vote a 3rd. But so many loyal followers don't see it. They think Trump wants to save America. But what Trump wants is for TRUMP to save America. All of his rhetoric towards others (like calling him desanctimonius on the very same night he destroyed Florida Democrats) shows that if it can't be him then he'd rather it all burn down.

Choosing Desantis would be the best choice for America. You are wrong to think that move would be about Trump.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
We fixed the keg
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

DeSantis is too important as the governor of a large state that could shift back to purple if he left. He is working wonders and needs to stay where he is unless the move is to the presidency.
Only for 2 more years, he is not eligible past January 2027.
one safe place
SA68AG said:

DeSantis is an alpha dog. He's not going to be anybody's VP.
Though I wish DeSantis had crushed Trump and gotten the nomination, he wasn't an alpha dog in the primaries, more of a lap chihuahua.
aggie93
AG
TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

If DeSantis isn't VP, he's either on his way to congress or he's on his way to obscurity. He might have one more failed presidential run in him. But if he's VP, he'll have much more credibility with the rest of the country.

As of now there is no successor to Trump and it's a fresh game in '28. If you think Trump having Vivek or Abbott as his VP clears the field I couldn't disagree more.

DeSantis has an insane record and work ethic. He has a solid base of support. Not saying he is the presumptive nominee but he's the likely front runner.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

Though I wish DeSantis had crushed Trump and gotten the nomination, he wasn't an alpha dog in the primaries, more of a lap chihuahua.

Nah, he hit hard and often in the primaries. He made Newsom into a joke. He destroyed Haley in the last debate. There was just no way to break through against Trump, especially with the media and RNC completely in the tank.

If you can give me a realistic example of how he could have beaten Trump though I'm all ears.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
The Banned
geoag58 said:

The Banned said:

GAC06 said:

peacedude said:

Choosing Desantis would be the best choice for America. You are wrong to think that move would be about Trump.

Which is why I don't believe it will happen. And I DEFINITELY don't believe Trump would step aside half way though his hypothetical 2nd term. The highly more likely scenario is Trump picks a weak VP he has no chance of being overshadowed by.
Ag with kids
AG
TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

Like Pence?
Bryanisbest
AG
Ok with me as long as he ignores Ron's advice on how to run his campaign.
GenericAggie
AG
Trump needs a strong female. It's too bad Tulsi is too liberal for the job. She's a strong speaker and smart.
Bearpitbull
SA68AG said:

Muy said:

HillCountry15 said:

SA68AG said:

DeSantis spends 4 years as VP, throws his name in the ring for 2028, and then wins the next two terms. 12 years of no bull****

Exactly. He wouldn't be your typical VP given he's a proven solid leader and not some DC swamp rat.
Do you honestly think Trump is going to share the limelight with someone else and let DeSantis get wins ?

I don't think that's in Trump's genes. I'd love to see Trump turn DeSantis loose to clean up the DOJ, FBI and half a dozen other agencies.

You have a short memory. His last VP thought Trump was trying to get him killed and he hates him. DeSantis is smarter than that.
Bearpitbull
DevilD77 said:

Would be a great ticket. Let Ron tackle the domestic problems and Trump restore our prestige overseas.

Where will Trump be doing this amazing work overseas? Russia? North Korea? This thread entertains
Bearpitbull
The Banned said:

GAC06 said:

peacedude said:

It's truly amazing to watch the cult like worship of man over country.
TAMUallen
AG
Bearpitbull said:

The Banned said:

GAC06 said:

peacedude said:

It's truly amazing to watch the cult like worship of man over country.

Cult worship? More like TDS cult of deranged hatred
one safe place
aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

Nah, he hit hard and often in the primaries. He made Newsom into a joke. He destroyed Haley in the last debate. There was just no way to break through against Trump, especially with the media and RNC completely in the tank.

If you can give me a realistic example of how he could have beaten Trump though I'm all ears.
Well, he wasn't running against Newsom. As far as hard and often, I guess I missed his delegate totals somehow. The media is in the tank for biden, not Trump. DeSantis's campaign was ineffective, that isn't Trump's fault.
Ag with kids
AG
one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

Well, he wasn't running against Newsom. As far as hard and often, I guess I missed his delegate totals somehow. The media is in the tank for biden, not Trump. DeSantis's campaign was ineffective, that isn't Trump's fault.
And the media/Dems thought that Trump would be the most vulnerable candidate in the general election.
eric76
AG
Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

Like Pence?
Pence is quite Conservative and would have made a fine President, but Trump destroyed his chances.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
aggie93
AG
one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

I can think of so many times during the campaign where DeSantis absolutely hit something out of the park and the media either ignored it or downplayed it. When they talked about him they always started off with polling numbers and Trump. This was after giving Trump 10x the coverage. Even the Hurricane was memory holed in a flash. They let Trump get away with not doing hard interviews and not debating, hell they praised him for it and called him smart.

I didn't say that was "Trump's fault" it just was what it was. I also noticed you didn't have any response to giving an example of how DeSantis could have beaten Trump. The only way it was going to happen was for Trump to self implode.

DeSantis didn't run a perfect campaign but he ran a solid one. In the end he just never got a real shot, so be it. He's a young guy and has a lot of career left in him. Trump does not.

Ronald Reagan
TAMUallen
AG
eric76 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

Like Pence?
Pence is quite Conservative and would have made a fine President, but Trump destroyed his chances.

You're a laugh riot!
eric76
AG
TAMUallen said:

eric76 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

Like Pence?

You're a laugh riot!
Spoken like a true Trump cultist who falls for all the crap Trump spews out of his mouth

You would have a hard time finding a more Conservative candidate than Pence.
eric76
AG
Trump is so smart that he knew that the Dallas Cowboys weren't worth the $50,000,000 in the mid 1980s and bought the New Jersey Generals instead.

Yep. Real brain power, business acumen, and foresight in that pumpkin head.
BMX Bandit
DeSantis is not going to be VP

This is about fundraising
BigRobSA
BMX Bandit said:

wHaT tHeN, VoTe BIdEn!?
BboroAg
AG
"Biden is making campaign appearances….."

That's funny
BMX Bandit
BigRobSA said:

BMX Bandit said:

wHaT tHeN, VoTe BIdEn!?
TDS!!! TDS!!! REEEEE!!!
eric76
AG
BboroAg said:

"Biden is making campaign appearances….."

That's funny
Trump probably thinks that playing golf is a campaign appearance.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

The Dems were ready to toss Joe overboard and go with Newsome if Republicans had been smart enough to choose DeSantis. And yes, the media was in the tank for a Trump rematch against Biden.
Muy
AG
The Banned said:

GAC06 said:

peacedude said:

If his policies make American stronger, it's so odd that some people get so twisted because he's a narcissist. Get over it, it's a broken record. We need to get behind Trump fully unless you are cool with Biden for another 4 years.
Muy
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

You think Trump is going to try and destroy his VP pick? Your TDS is flaring.

Exactly. TDS sufferers simply can't see the forest through the trees.
rgag12
AG
Muy said:

The Banned said:

GAC06 said:

peacedude said:

If his policies make American stronger, it's so odd that some people get so twisted because he's a narcissist. Get over it, it's a broken record. We need to get behind Trump fully unless you are cool with Biden for another 4 years.

Trump is a better option than democrats, but his choices in 2020 started us down the road that we find ourselves today. He fast-tracked and promoted the hell out of what turned out to be a worthless and harmful vaccine. He also turned on the money printing presses so he could show a fast recovery (The "V"! The "V"!) before the election.

Trump is absolutely capable of harming America, but out of two **** choices he is the least *****
Muy
AG
He relied on medical experts who turned out to be frauds. Promoting the vaccine (hell, he took it) isn't in the same hemisphere as supporting mandates and closing businesses down.
BigRobSA
Muy said:

He relied on medical experts who turned out to be frauds. Promoting the vaccine (hell, he took it) isn't in the same hemisphere as supporting mandates and closing businesses down.

And yet, when asked, he still can't admit he made egregious mistakes. He'd do everything the same.
Muy
AG
He believes that vaccine still works?

You do know that he didn't close down businesses across the country, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.