No thread about Kristi Noem?

22,864 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TarponChaser
cecil77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

cecil77 said:

And your words communicate "regrettable, but necessary".

Her words communicated "I'm tough and strong, Look at me."

Disagree
Huh?

That's almost ver batim. "I can make the tough decisions", etc, etc. It's a political book, it's entire purpose is "look at me". If nothing else, someone so tone deaf as to destroy their possible VP shot by recounting a 30 year old memory deserves what she gets.
LMCane
aggiepanic95 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

I don't think dogs should be treated like farm animals

Farmers treat their animals very well. That's why they work all day everyday to keep them fed and healthy. Dogs, unfortunately, sometimes need compassion and that results in being put down.

I wouldn't expect you to know any of this bc it takes someone that has been around farming, ranching, or ag to understand this and based on your posting history, you are a dem loving city dweller who has terrible opinions about anything associated with hard working, God loving Americans.
supposedly she put the dog down not because it was compassionate and because the dog was injured

supposedly she killed the dog because he wasn't a perfect dog and she wanted to prove how tough she is to her readers.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

supposedly she killed the dog because he wasn't a perfect dog and she wanted to prove how tough she is to her readers.

"This dog is untrainable, bites people, and kills chickens. I think I'll put it down, so that I can write about it in a book, thirty years from now."
cecil77
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

"This dog is untrainable, bites people, and kills chickens. I think I'll put it down, so that I can write about it in a book, thirty years from now."
C'mon, now she didn't think that at the time.

But now she, or more likely her ghost writer, is telling the story precisely to prove how tough she is.
LMCane
Sotero-Judges said:

Noem is way down on polymarket. Mitt Romney traveling with a dog strapped to the roof (in a kennel/cage) was enough to damage him with enough propaganda. This dog won't hunt.
and women in binders!!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
cecil77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

But now she, or more likely her ghost writer, is telling the story precisely to prove how tough she is.

Why do you give a ***** It's creepy. Ok to kill a baby but this crosses a line?
cecil77
AG
No, not OK to kill a baby. Where did that come from?
CanyonAg77
AG
cecil77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

"LMCane" said she killed the dog to act tough with her readers. Talk to him, not me.
cecil77
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

cecil77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

"LMCane" said she killed the dog to act tough with her readers. Talk to him, not me.

The implication is that she talked about killing the dog to be tough....
CanyonAg77
AG
cecil77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

cecil77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

The implication is that she talked about killing the dog to be tough....

No, his implication was she killed the dog to be tough
TequilaMockingbird
cecil77 said:

No, not OK to kill a baby. Where did that come from?
From the article in the OP.
Clavell
AG
Had a good friend attacked by her Australian shepherd dog. Ended up with stitches up and down both arms. If son (20's) hadn't been upstairs and able to run down and pull dog off she may have been killed. That dog was put down. Really know nothing about this lady, but this is a nothing story.
aggiepanic95
AG
Clavell said:

Had a good friend attacked by her Australian shepherd dog. Ended up with stitches up and down both arms. If son (20's) hadn't been upstairs and able to run down and pull dog off she may have been killed. That dog was put down. Really know nothing about this lady, but this is a nothing story.
I agree. It's not like she was living in Dallas with 25 rescues/shelters down the street (who in all honesty would likely have put her dog down anyway). She was living on a farm in the middle of South Dakota. Farm living is a little different than city living. You have to protect the many which often means making hard decisions and moving on. You cant be a bleeding heart limp wrist and live on a farm. Its not an easy life.
BassCowboy33
Clavell said:

It ain't nothing to Noem. It likely cost her her political career.
Clavell
AG
Another thing for those who say she should have at least taken dog to shelter. Guess what, you tell shelter the dog is aggressive or bit someone in almost all cases that dog will be put down. They won't tell you, but go back a couple of days later and that dog will not be there.
cecil77
AG
Again, the point is not the action, but the perceived attitude about it. She's tone deaf.
jt2hunt
AG
cecil77 said:

Again, the point is not the action, but the perceived attitude about it. She's tone deaf.

Mos of us disagree with this statement.
cecil77
AG
jt2hunt said:

cecil77 said:

Mos of us disagree with this statement.

Wow. I hope that's not true.

To be clear, I'm referring to her attitude.
Agthatbuilds
Did you read the book?
Muy
AG
cecil77 said:

I'm slightly more concerned at the casual attitude so many leaders have about killing babies, but maybe that's just me.
shiftyandquick
Trump is the only cray-cray person allowed in his room. He had no interest in Noem for her imitation cray-cray. I don't blame her for doubling down. It was her only play. If Trump won't embrace me for my cray-cray lite, maybe he will embrace me for my outrageous max cray-cray? It makes sense in the MAGA mindset. But Trump has a few grownups actually advising him now.
cecil77
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Did you read the book?
Fair point. No.

But very few people will have. The perceptions are based upon the quotes, and I have read all of those, even the ones providing context.

I don't condemn her for 30 years ago, even though I may have acted differenty.

My only comment is that she was tone deaf to not have been able to anticipate the reactions, if she indeed didn't.

Muy, of course, but that's not the discussion.
TRADUCTOR
Crazy does not understand reasonable problem solving. Just hipsters, and millennials with their trophies and furr babies leveraging the internet for brand awareness: Crazy.
B-1 83
AG
aggiepanic95 said:

Clavell said:

I agree. It's not like she was living in Dallas with 25 rescues/shelters down the street (who in all honesty would likely have put her dog down anyway). She was living on a farm in the middle of South Dakota. Farm living is a little different than city living. You have to protect the many which often means making hard decisions and moving on. You cant be a bleeding heart limp wrist and live on a farm. It's not an easy life.
Townies will never understand this concept.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Agthatbuilds
Quote:

If you haven't read the book you cannot make this statement in good faith. If you haven't read the book, the context to which you refer is provided by TA posters, social media, or news articles. It is not the context of Noem's own actions or thoughts.

I grew up in a small town. I worked on a farm. My grandfather raised cattle. If I were in noem's place, I also would not have suspected that story would have raised any concern. Putting a bad dog down is a normal thing on a farm. She's not the one with an issue, rather, it's all those who don't understand the necessity of such actions.
MouthBQ98
AG
"Bit" is extremely subjective with dogs. Some people wail and whine about a little nip, while others want to see multiple stitches.

Imho, I'm in the stitches camp. It's not a vicious bite generally unless it results in an open wound. Anything less, the dog held back and was communicating more than attacking. If it wants to, most any dog can easily puncture its canines into human skin.
cecil77
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Quote:

If you haven't read the book you cannot make this statement in good faith. If you haven't read the book, the context to which you refer is provided by TA posters, social media, or news articles. It is not the context of Noem's own actions or thoughts.

I grew up in a small town. I worked on a farm. My grandfather raised cattle. If I were in noem's place, I also would not have suspected that story would have raised any concern. Putting a bad dog down is a normal thing on a farm. She's not the one with an issue, rather, it's all those who don't understand the necessity of such actions.

Your point is valid, but not the point I am attempting to make.

She knew full well that most would get their knowledge of her book from comments in the media (including social media) and I disagree with you that she and her team knew full well how it would be played and what the reaction would be. If, as it seems to be, her intent was to further her political aspirations, then she is absolutely tone deaf. The response was predictable, EVEN IF THAT RESONSE IS INCORRECT AND INAPPROPRIATE. A good politician considers these things. And yes, I understand that Trump doesn't, but I don't think that he's a good politician. And yes, I understand that politicians aren't what we want, but to get into office candidates have to at least be aware of the political implications of their actions.
LMCane
so it's not bad enough she as a married "conservative" was cheating on her husband with Cory Lewandowski

it's not bad enough she bragged about shooting a 14 month puppy

is it bad enough that she is caught lying about meeting Kim Jung Un? I have no idea whether she did or didn't but it seems PRETTY EASY TO CHECK considering he never leaves North Korea:

"Through my tenure on the House Armed Services Committee," Noem wrote, "I had the chance to travel to many countries to meet with world leaders. I remember when I met with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un. I'm sure he underestimated me, having no clue about my experience staring down little tyrants (I'd been a children's pastor, after all)."

In fact, the only part of this that checks out is Kim "having no clue about" Noem because they never met.

Noem seems to admit now she didn't meet with Kim Jung Un
CanyonAg77
AG
Yeah, only Democrats are allowed to make up **** in this country
No Spin Ag
MouthBQ98 said:

"Bit" is extremely subjective with dogs. Some people wail and whine about a little nip, while others want to see multiple stitches.

Imho, I'm in the stitches camp. It's not a vicious bite generally unless it results in an open wound. Anything less, the dog held back and was communicating more than attacking. If it wants to, most any dog can easily puncture its canines into human skin.
GMaster0
Cruella DeNoem is on the prowl again. Republican self immolation at its finest.

https://time.com/6974956/kristi-noem-joe-biden-dog-shot/

"In an interview on Sunday on Face the Nation, Noem, who is reportedly a contender to be former President Donald Trump's running mate in 2024, was asked about a passage in her forthcoming memoir in which she wrote that one of her first priorities if she were at the White House would be to make sure that Commander, Biden's bite-prone German shepherd, was nowhere on the groundsand that Commander should "say hello to Cricket.""

His name is Cricket.
BassCowboy33
Even Fox News and Clay Travis are dancing on Noem's political grave.
88Warrior
In all honesty, even if this hadn't come up, I just don't think she would have seriously been in the running as a possible VP pick….Besides a pretty face, she brought nothing to the table that you usually look for in a presidential race…she's from a small electoral college vote state that will vote republican anyway…she has no foreign policy experience, not a force of nature personality wise…her actual governing vs. her campaign speeches didn't always jive…Plus as we've seen in the last week she can't handle any type of pressure…imho..
Muy
AG
Geezsh this is still a topic?
Im Gipper
Yeah, no way the Republicans run a lady like that for VP!

Cough cough, 2008, cough cough.

I'm Gipper

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.