No thread about Kristi Noem?

21,584 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by TarponChaser
Im Gipper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Muy said:

Geezsh this is still a topic?

She keeps going on interviews and saying dumb stuff. Sorry your pin-up lost.

I'm Gipper
88Warrior
Im Gipper said:

Yeah, no way the Republicans run a lady like that for VP!

Cough cough, 2008, cough cough.

Hopefully a lesson learned but…..

Edited to say the Dems pick of KH will never be topped in terms of stupidity ….she makes Dan Quayle look like Einstein!
BassCowboy33
Muy said:

For some reason, Noem is still leaning into this, going on all kinds of TV/radio shows to pump her book.
Logos Stick
Im Gipper said:

Muy said:

She keeps going on interviews and saying dumb stuff. Sorry your pin-up lost.

She's not very intelligent. And she's not conservative.

Glad she torpedoed herself as a VP candidate.
Chubster
The last politician to self immolate this bad was John Edwards.
No Spin Ag
88Warrior said:

Im Gipper said:

Yeah, no way the Republicans run a lady like that for VP!

Cough cough, 2008, cough cough.

Hopefully a lesson learned but…..

Edited to say the Dems pick of KH will never be topped in terms of stupidity ….she makes Dan Quayle look like Einstein!

Truer words were never spoken.
Bryanisbest
AG
Ag CPA said:

I understand her reasoning but still stupid to put that in a book as a politician, probably "killed" her VP chances.

God help those who tell the truth about themselves even when it hurts. She should only have told things that are very appealing to the masses. We get what we deserve in our politicians.
sleepybeagle
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

I don't think dogs should be treated like farm animals
Castrate a child like a farm animal - and the left embraces it as "loving gender affirming care".
Put down a dog who is a danger to children and live stock ... OH THE HORROR!

sleepybeagle
Logos Stick
Bryanisbest said:

Ag CPA said:

I understand her reasoning but still stupid to put that in a book as a politician, probably "killed" her VP chances.

God help those who tell the truth about themselves even when it hurts. She should only have told things that are very appealing to the masses. We get what we deserve in our politicians.

I don't blame her for telling the truth. I blame her for killing an innocent dog that she could have given up for a pet, as if taking it's life shows how tough she is.

Then she goes on a book tour and gets pissed when conservative media asks her about the incident.

She's not smart.
TarponChaser
rwtxag83 said:

TX04Aggie said:

Dogs are not people. Period. People always get pissy when I casually dismiss animals they are obsessed with, not because I dont care about the well being of their fur baby, but because I grew up on a farm and animals including dogs served a purpose, even the ones we considered a pet. Things happen on a farm/ranch sometimes and unfortunately for a specific reason you have to put the animal down. Not fun at all, but that is sometimes what happens. Ive known some libs, mainly women, who treat dogs as a husband or child replacement and they cant stand that I just think of it as a regular animal.
Bingo!

Dogs are not people. Putting a dog down when necessary should not be open to public scrutiny, unless it's being done by painful or cruel means. Making an animal suffer through wanton disregard or purposeful cruelty is different.

Our society has, IMHO, eroded it's base value on human life by trying to equate other animal life with human life. I will never agree that the life of a dog or a deer has the same value as that of a human.

If an individual decides they want to treat their own family pets/animals a certain way, that's up to them, but your methods of choice should not mean that others have to follow your path.
Probably already stated but I'm not wading through 10+ pages

Dogs are not people- 100% correct

Putting a dog down when necessary should not be problematic.- 100% correct.

However, how an individual treats their pets & family is generally up to them but it is open to scrutiny and criticism. Corporal punishment of a child is one thing but abuse is another.

The entire issue here, is that while I have no issue whatsoever with putting down an aggressive dog and even doing it yourself via gunshot, I take issue with Noem doing so here because based on all the information she herself has put out publicly, nothing indicates that this dog was aggressive and needed to be put down.

Effectively, the punishment here did not fit the crime(s).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.