No thread about Kristi Noem?

22,833 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TarponChaser
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sid Farkas said:

It's a domesticated dog, not a coyote or a chicken or a goldfish.

In this day and age simply euthanizing a domesticated dog isn't necessary if there's an opportunity for someone to come and take it away. This isn't the 1880's.

Yet, you don't have 20 dogs sheltered at your house.
rgvag11
CanyonAg77 said:

Sid Farkas said:

In this day and age simply euthanizing a domesticated dog isn't necessary if there's an opportunity for someone to come and take it away. This isn't the 1880's.

You can NOT throw a rock without hitting a canine foster group these days. People would rather foster dogs than humans.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

I simply have an opinion that a domesticated dog, in this day and age, gets different consideration than it would in years past

Wasn't this incident 30 years ago in rural South Dakota, far from any dog rescues?
CanyonAg77
AG
rgvag11 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Sid Farkas said:

You can NOT throw a rock without hitting a canine foster group these days. People would rather foster dogs than humans.

Thirty years ago in South Dakota, where the nearest town had 700 people?
rgvag11
I guess you have never experienced the fanaticism of dog people. They were the same way 30 years ago.
jt2hunt
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

I simply have an opinion that a domesticated dog, in this day and age, gets different consideration than it would in years past

Wasn't this incident 30 years ago in rural South Dakota, far from any dog rescues?

You cannot reason with illogical people. There is no perspective as it relates to time with these insane wacko liberals. .
jt2hunt
AG
What about 30 years ago?
2040huck
drcrinum said:

So you have a city dog or house dog. Never had one of those. Compared to an outside country dog it's apples vs oranges.
So, where does your dog go when it is freezing outdoors? It just toughs it out?
2040huck
jt2hunt said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

You cannot reason with illogical people. There is no perspective as it relates to time with these insane wacko liberals. .
It was a puppy. Did you see it? This was not a pit bull or a doberman. It was a little bird dog puppy. You scared of it?
cecil77
AG
In most counties in Texas, even rural ones, dog running free are subject to being picked up and the owners fined.

99% of the dogs in Texas are pets, not working animals, and are treated as pets.

And the real discussion is political smarts. She doesn't have them.
jt2hunt
AG
2040huck said:

jt2hunt said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

It was a puppy. Did you see it? This was not a pit bull or a doberman. It was a little bird dog puppy. You scared of it?

Define puppy?
jt2hunt
AG
cecil77 said:

In most counties in Texas, even rural ones, dog running free are subject to being picked up and the owners fined.

99% of the dogs in Texas are pets, not working animals, and are treated as pets.

I'm Ellis county we have about a ten to twenty percent feral dog population out in the country
CanyonAg77
AG
rgvag11 said:

I guess you have never experienced the fanaticism of dog people. They were the same way 30 years ago.

There were a whole lot fewer of them, thank goodness. My crazy dog people in laws bought an RV, because hotels and restaurants wouldn't accept dogs. I'd say that 90% of hotels and 79% of restaurants would take dogs these days
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

It was a puppy.
Mature dog. 14 months
TexasRebel
AG
2040huck said:

drcrinum said:

So you have a city dog or house dog. Never had one of those. Compared to an outside country dog it's apples vs oranges.

Fur puffs out a bit, and they usually stay out of the wind.
samurai_science
2040huck said:

drcrinum said:

Shed, barn, under a porch? Animals figure things out, trust me
cecil77
AG
jt2hunt said:

cecil77 said:

I'm Ellis county we have about a ten to twenty percent feral dog population out in the country

I don't think feral is the discussion, but OK. Although I'd be interested in the Sheriff's Office confirming that.

Quote:

Please contact the SPCA of Texas Ellis County Animal Care Center by dialing 214-742-7722 (option 6) for more information regarding animal redemption fees. Can my dog run at large? No, it is unlawful to allow your dog to run at large.
CanyonAg77
AG
2040huck said:

drcrinum said:

Barn
garage
heated doghouse

We had a collie who would lay on top of a snowbank during the day, even when there was dry grass 20 feet away
drcrinum
In the garage on a blanket.
samurai_science
I dont care if its -20 or 120, the animals are outside.
rgvag11
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

It was a puppy.
Mature dog. 14 months

NOPE.

"wirehaired pointers don't reach full maturity until around 2 years of age"
https://gundog-journal.com/breeds/german-wirehaired-pointer#:~:text=As%20the%20wirehaired%20pointers%20don,training%20as%20early%20as%20possible.
rgvag11
2040huck said:

jt2hunt said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Cute dog. Sad and unnecessary outcome.
cecil77
AG
LOL, 22 years on Texags, I've seen political tough guys (several flavors), workout tough guys, travel tough guys, EV/U=ICE tough guys even Trick, the immortal go kart tough guy. Dog treatment tough guys are a new one...
bobbranco
AG
Photo from 30 years ago?
bobbranco
AG
Here's an appropriate gofundme for the people sickened by Gov Noem's evilness. LOL.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cricket-didnt-have-to-die
bobbranco
AG
And she shot her goat!

Quote:

"The fact is, South Dakota law states that dogs who attack and kill livestock can be put down," she wrote. "Given that Cricket had shown aggressive behavior toward people by biting them, I decided what I did."

In the story shared in her book, first reported by The Guardian, Noem wrote that Cricket chased away pheasants during a hunting trip, ruining the hunt, and that it later attacked a local family's chickens.

"I hated that dog," she wrote, adding that Cricket was untrainable, dangerous and worthless as a hunting dog.
"At that moment," Noem wrote, "I realized I had to put her down."

She then led Cricket to a gravel pit on her property and shot it, writing it was "not a pleasant job" but it "had to be done."

Noem wrote that she also then killed a "nasty and mean" male goat that smelled and liked to chase her children. Because it jumped when she first shot at the goat, she needed two shots to "put him down."
2040huck
rgvag11 said:

2040huck said:

jt2hunt said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Cute dog. Sad and unnecessary outcome.
Honestly cant believe someone shot that puppy
2040huck
samurai_science said:

2040huck said:

drcrinum said:

Shed, barn, under a porch? Animals figure things out, trust me
Trust you? I trust that they find a way to survive. Is that what you mean?
jt2hunt
AG
That is not at all what this about.
My dad is a vet and I grew up on a farm in a small town.

Country folk handle things much differently than city folk.

First hand experience.

jt2hunt
AG
Many many people would not pay for a vet to euthanize a dog when they could take care of it without a bill.

I was attacked by a German shepherd as a kid while with my dad on a call in the country. The dog was out down by its owner while my dad drove me to the hospital for stitches.
2040huck
jt2hunt said:

Many many people would not pay for a vet to euthanize a dog when they could take care of it without a bill.

I was attacked by a German shepherd as a kid while with my dad on a call in the country. The dog was out down by its owner while my dad drove me to the hospital for stitches.

You don't seem to get it. If a dog needs to be put down, we don't have a problem with how it is put down. Shoot it and save the money. This was a 14 month old puppy who maybe killed a chicken. Probably not. Most likely she thought this would win votes from the pro gun crowd. Looks like it worked
jt2hunt
AG
14 month is not a puppy
Jack Squat 83
AG
jt2hunt said:

14 month is not a puppy
Funny how similar the use of "puppy" is to showing smiling, elementary school photos of 20 year old criminals when they are in the news. Narratives are a thing you know.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
Jack Squat 83
AG
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
Sea Speed
AG
cecil77 said:

LOL, 22 years on Texags, I've seen political tough guys (several flavors), workout tough guys, travel tough guys, even Trick, the immortal go kart tough guy. Dog treatment tough guys are a new one...

I want to start a thread asking what the most ridiculous thing you've seen people argue about on texags is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.