Alexei Navalny dead in a Russian prison

12,560 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by deddog
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reported in the last few hours.
Rapier108
Here's a link so the thread doesn't get nuked.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-critic-alexei-navalny-dead-47-russian-officials-say
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MouthBQ98
AG
It was always a death sentence. Just not an official one.
Yesterday
AG
" "Russia is responsible for this," Blinken added. "We'll be talking to many other countries concerned about Alexei Navalny, especially if these reports bear out to be true."

In 2021, President Biden, after meeting with Putin in Geneva, Switzerland, was asked about what would happen if Navalny died in Russian custody.

"I made it clear to him that I believe the consequences of that would be devastating for Russia," Biden said"

That's rich coming from the country who let Epstein "kill himself."
GeorgiAg
AG
[A troll and derail all in one post. Impressive. Enjoy the time off -- Staff]
Greener Acres
AG
Video that is purportedly from yesterday of Navalny in prison.

CDUB98
AG
I'm surprised he lasted this long.
Phatbob
AG
I'm guessing Russia is one of the only countries on Earth where their prison windows don't have bars on them and they are all above the 3rd floor.
rgvag11
No worries, This is just Putin making things cleaner, safer and prettier.
Clavell
AG
The only thing shocking about this is the number of people on news who are saying it's shocking news.
doubledog

Everyone should read this book about Soviet/Russian (fictitious, but accurate portrayal) political prisoner.

t.ly/IrgPw
barbacoa taco
AG
**** Putin!
The Kraken
AG
Putin doing Putin things. Russia is a dictatorship, a menace and Putin needs to be eliminated.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
BQ78
AG
Now do North Korea and PRC and Iran and Hamas and...
P.U.T.U
AG
Russia has nukes in space and killing Navalny in the same week seems like interesting timing. Wouldn't put this past the Biden administration trying to get more citizens to want to keep funding the Ukraine war.

Russia does kill those that speak out against Putin though which cast a shadow of a doubt

And Russian prisons like IK3 are no joke
Rapier108
P.U.T.U said:

Russia has nukes in space...
That is not what the report said.

It said they are developing a system to do it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Well, Tucker did tell us that every world leader needs to kill people.
at 16:45
Verne Lundquist
AG
Didn't Biden tell Putin that if Navalny died there would be devastating consequences

Lets all watch
Eliminatus
AG
Of course he is dead. Elections are coming up and Putin is an unhinged psychopathic tyrant/mafioso who somehow managed to kill his way into a position of absolute power. He will never let that be endangered or even close to threatened. An entire plane was murdered because of this not that long ago as an example. What is one more political dissident already being held in the gulag?

Russia has done terrible things to the world over the years but it is just par on course with what it has done to its own people.
BluHorseShu
AG
Yesterday said:

" "Russia is responsible for this," Blinken added. "We'll be talking to many other countries concerned about Alexei Navalny, especially if these reports bear out to be true."

In 2021, President Biden, after meeting with Putin in Geneva, Switzerland, was asked about what would happen if Navalny died in Russian custody.

"I made it clear to him that I believe the consequences of that would be devastating for Russia," Biden said"

Except Russia has a very very long history of disappearing people or dissenters ending up dead.

So right now, if you believe our government was responsible for Epsteins death the score would be:

US - 1
Russia - 100's if not more (that we know of).

Its just really weird to see other conservatives continue to carry Russia's water just because that's the tone Trump has set . The Russian government is not good, period. Minimizing them as a threat has and will bite the US in the ass.
notex
AG
Biden doesn't even remember yesterday afternoon.
Old McDonald
clear example of the "russian ideals" the putin simps keep trying to tell us are superior to degenerate western values
hph6203
AG
But have you seen the subway? Gorgeous!
Gordo14
BQ78 said:

Now do North Korea and PRC and Iran and Hamas and...

Interesting. All allies of Russia. Well them and MAGA
barbacoa taco
AG
all this warming up to Russia makes me ****ing ill. Putin literally kills people who oppose him to intimidate the people and let them know opposition will not be tolerated.
Old McDonald
hph6203 said:

But have you seen the subway? Gorgeous!
and the groceries are so cheap! (as long as you're using USD on an american income)
Gordo14
P.H. Dexippus said:

The clip for all the Tucker fans.
BQ78
AG
Yeah Trump really screwed up when he sent pallets of cash to Iran and told Israel to be cool honey bunny or we'll cut off the artillery shells and took 15% for the big guy from China and his failed attempt to stop the NK nuclear program in 2012 by sending rice to feed the nuclear scientists of NK.
Tibbers
Think of the timing of all of this. Who benefits from the timing?
Gordo14
BQ78 said:

Yeah Trump really screwed up when he sent pallets of cash to Iran and told Israel to be cool honey bunny or we'll cut off the artillery shells and took 15% for the big guy from China.

I know you guys like to distort the truth (Iran) or make up straight fiction and pass it on as fact (China)... Not really going to get into a debate about f16s relationship with the truth... Just going to say it's the ultimate clash of confirmatiom bias and Dunning-Kruger effect. But no Democrat or real Republican is celebrating or at minimum defending Russia. Only MAGA. Iran, North Korea, and China are Russia's 3 closest allies.

Why doesn't Mike Johnson let Ukraine aide go to a vote, for example? Because he knows it would pass even with a republican majority.
aginlakeway
AG
GeorgiAg said:

[A troll and derail all in one post. Impressive. Enjoy the time off -- Staff]
Tibbers
And that's precisely it. Think of the timing. And now we have calls to suddenly give Ukraine the funding. I tell ya, it's a bit easy to see if you aren't blind to it.

It amazes me that there is no need to discern how the man died or by whom, nope, simply a call to arms and more bloodshed in Ukraine. Y'all are too easy to manipulate.
Yesterday
AG
Gordo14 said:

P.H. Dexippus said:

The clip for all the Tucker fans.

I'm not a Tucker fan but his response regarding killing people doesn't match your tweet.
No Spin Ag
barbacoa taco said:

all this warming up to Russia makes me ****ing ill. Putin literally kills people who oppose him to intimidate the people and let them know opposition will not be tolerated.

And to too many, those are qualities that those that are warm to Putin either like or take a knowing blind eye to.

Oh, and yes, f*k Putin.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Street Fighter
AG
BluHorseShu said:

Yesterday said:

Except Russia has a very very long history of disappearing people or dissenters ending up dead.

So right now, if you believe our government was responsible for Epsteins death the score would be:

US - 1
Russia - 100's if not more (that we know of).

Its just really weird to see other conservatives continue to carry Russia's water just because that's the tone Trump has set . The Russian government is not good, period. Minimizing them as a threat has and will bite the US in the ass.
The US has offed far more people than that dude and you know it. I don't give 2 ****s about Russia, but the hypocrisy of how pure the US is on the world stage is ridiculous, and people that believe it live in fantasy land.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.