Alexei Navalny dead in a Russian prison

12,858 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by deddog
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like how we've moved from the Ukrainians probably killed him to just going with the Russians were justified in killing him because he's a nazi bit.

Is there anyone Russia doesn't think is a nazi?
B-1 83
AG
schmellba99 said:

I love how all of a sudden the newest fad is to claim Trump and anybody that doesn't hate him with a passion is somehow buddy buddy with Russia, carrying their water, etc.

A whole lot of you really need to disconnect for a good long while and work on your TDS. I'm serious.
No, the newest fad is somehow tying any news event to funding Ukraine. KC Shooting, space nukes, murdered political rival? Yep, all Ukraine funding. Zelenskyy must have used a bunch of that middle class tax money he's stealing to buy real estate in some poster's heads.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
BlueTaze
Teslag said:

I like how we've moved from the Ukrainians probably killed him to just going with the Russians were justified in killing him because he's a nazi bit.

I'm still at-

What motive does Putin have to kill him right as Russian opposition is debating 10s of billions in war funds?

Who benefits most from Putin killing Alexei?

I suppose asking these unanswered question makes me a Putin apologist puppet.
B-1 83
AG
Teslag said:

He was probably tied in with those Ukrainian bio labs, also.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
nortex97
AG
I had to go check my memory but yes he did credibly claim to have been poisoned with a nerve agent while flying from Siberia to Moscow several years ago. I don't think anyone would claim this isn't likely a murder by the state or that it is justified.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

if it is on the internet it must be true

You posted this as a gotcha without any research and gotcha'd yourself. Nice boomerang.

Honk honk.
BluHorseShu
AG
nortex97 said:

BluHorseShu said:

BluHorseShu said:

DeProfundis said:

Navalny was a traitor and treasonous

Those guys get killed pretty frequently

This dude from his org is probably next
I guess it depends on the country. One persons traitor is another's patriot.

Remember, our great ole' country was started by treasonous people.
Keep in mind too, that many in the GOP are lamenting Navalny's death as they believed he was fighting for freedom.

So there's not a lot of people going with the 'Navalny was a bad guy' take. No one wants Putin to stay in office.
He was never fighting for any notion of freedom, and was busted for his role seeking help from the British intelligence spies to overthrow the government as happened in Ukraine in the 'maidan' Nuland revolution.

He also never polled above 2 percent in Russia, which is why he knew he'd need foreign help and money to ever take power. Putin's popularity contrarily has risen through this conflict within Russia, and he's never received less than I think 92 percent of the vote in an election.

There is so much wrong with your take. And let's just take a look at why he never polled high in Russia. 1) Well of course we trust the polls Russia allows to be put out and 2) look at all of the arrests of people just mourning the guys death. If that doesn't tell you that people are scared of going on the record as supporting a dissenter, I don't know what to tell you.
But there is literally nothing I or anyone can post for you now that would make you rethink your take. You've committed to it. I think the only way you would walk it back is if you thought everyone else who is full on 'Russia not bad, Navalny deserved what he got' walked their's back. It hilarious that people posting on Twitter start these claims and goad people into believing them bc its what 'real' conservatives should believe since the dems believe the opposite. Even the majority of Republican congressman see the reality of what happen to Navalny and see it as par for the course in Putin's regime. Russia certainly loves folks like you and the dissent this causes. Now he can continue to kill political dissenters knowing he won't get grief from a faction of Americans. Do svidaniya
sleepybeagle
AG
I'm just thankful I live in a country where the government isn't weaponized to take out their political opponents and control the media's narrative.
nortex97
AG
BluHorseShu said:

nortex97 said:

BluHorseShu said:

BluHorseShu said:

DeProfundis said:

Keep in mind too, that many in the GOP are lamenting Navalny's death as they believed he was fighting for freedom.

So there's not a lot of people going with the 'Navalny was a bad guy' take. No one wants Putin to stay in office.
He was never fighting for any notion of freedom, and was busted for his role seeking help from the British intelligence spies to overthrow the government as happened in Ukraine in the 'maidan' Nuland revolution.

He also never polled above 2 percent in Russia, which is why he knew he'd need foreign help and money to ever take power. Putin's popularity contrarily has risen through this conflict within Russia, and he's never received less than I think 92 percent of the vote in an election.

There is so much wrong with your take. And let's just take a look at why he never polled high in Russia. 1) Well of course we trust the polls Russia allows to be put out and 2) look at all of the arrests of people just mourning the guys death. If that doesn't tell you that people are scared of going on the record as supporting a dissenter, I don't know what to tell you.
But there is literally nothing I or anyone can post for you now that would make you rethink your take. You've committed to it. I think the only way you would walk it back is if you thought everyone else who is full on 'Russia not bad, Navalny deserved what he got' walked their's back. It hilarious that people posting on Twitter start these claims and goad people into believing them bc its what 'real' conservatives should believe since the dems believe the opposite. Even the majority of Republican congressman see the reality of what happen to Navalny and see it as par for the course in Putin's regime. Russia certainly loves folks like you and the dissent this causes. Now he can continue to kill political dissenters knowing he won't get grief from a faction of Americans. Do svidaniya
Russia loves folks like me, LOL. And you probably think Biden got 81 million votes, and love Bernie Sanders.

I never said he 'deserved what he got' (in fact the opposite above) but I know because I disagree with his sainthood you feel a need to toss out the Putin puppet silliness.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
sleepybeagle said:

I'm just thankful I live in a country where the government isn't weaponized to take out their political opponents and control the media's narrative.

BluHorseShu
AG
nortex97 said:

BluHorseShu said:

nortex97 said:

BluHorseShu said:

BluHorseShu said:

DeProfundis said:

Russia loves folks like me, LOL. And you probably think Biden got 81 million votes, and love Bernie Sanders.

I never said he 'deserved what he got' (in fact the opposite above) but I know because I disagree with his sainthood you feel a need to toss out the Putin puppet silliness.
Well, you are much further from condemning him than you are to 'its no big deal'. And no I don't believe the last election was stolen. But I don't love Bernie either. Its funny how you think those things must be tied together. You still operate under the false impression that ones degree of being conservative is not tied to actual conservative ideologies but rather to the current popular talking points that some on the internet created to get people worked up. LIke the the Taylor Swift conspiracy.
nortex97
AG
BluHorseShu said:

nortex97 said:

BluHorseShu said:

nortex97 said:

BluHorseShu said:

BluHorseShu said:

DeProfundis said:

Well, you are much further from condemning him than you are to 'its no big deal'. And no I don't believe the last election was stolen. But I don't love Bernie either. Its funny how you think those things must be tied together. You still operate under the false impression that ones degree of being conservative is not tied to actual conservative ideologies but rather to the current popular talking points that some on the internet created to get people worked up. LIke the the Taylor Swift conspiracy.
LOL again. I get that you have some antipathy toward me for not falling in line with the orthodoxy of Zelensky good, Putin bad since Mueller muh russia gate. I think it's amusing, really. All of this started when Hillary paid the Russians via Steele etc.

But anyway, here's what I posted above:

Quote:

I had to go check my memory but yes he did credibly claim to have been poisoned with a nerve agent while flying from Siberia to Moscow several years ago. I don't think anyone would claim this isn't likely a murder by the state or that it is justified.
So what? Why is it a 'big deal' that Navalny is dead? Russia is a corrupt authoritarian country, just as Ukraine is. He was never going to lead the revolution he and his allies solicited MI6 help to bring to Moscow.

Your trust/faith in media and our own government is misplaced, imho. Joe Biden's dementia riddled brain is the biggest threat to our security/safety in the world today, not some dead Russian prisoner who was largely irrelevant. Empty the J6 gulag's and shut down censorship and lawfare toward political heretics here and I'll take Democrats a bit more seriously about their concerns about Russia.
Shoefly!
AG
Gordo14 said:

BQ78 said:

Yeah Trump really screwed up when he sent pallets of cash to Iran and told Israel to be cool honey bunny or we'll cut off the artillery shells and took 15% for the big guy from China.

I know you guys like to distort the truth (Iran) or make up straight fiction and pass it on as fact (China)... Not really going to get into a debate about f16s relationship with the truth... Just going to say it's the ultimate clash of confirmatiom bias and Dunning-Kruger effect. But no Democrat or real Republican is celebrating or at minimum defending Russia. Only MAGA. Iran, North Korea, and China are Russia's 3 closest allies.

Why doesn't Mike Johnson let Ukraine aide go to a vote, for example? Because he knows it would pass even with a republican majority.

It's about OUR southern border you nutt!
samurai_science
Gordo14 said:

BQ78 said:

Yeah Trump really screwed up when he sent pallets of cash to Iran and told Israel to be cool honey bunny or we'll cut off the artillery shells and took 15% for the big guy from China.

Why doesn't Mike Johnson let Ukraine aide go to a vote, for example? Because he knows it would pass even with a republican majority.
All the more reason to not let it go to a vote.
nortex97
AG
Exactly.

Old Army Metal
AG
Navalny's wife was banned from twitter this morning.

Quote:

Alexei Navalny's widow Yulia Navalnaya has had her account suspended on social media platform X.

It is unclear why her account has been suspended by the social network, formerly Twitter - which is owned by Elon Musk.
It appears her account has been reinstated, but why did it get banned in the first place?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Authenticate the account?
oh no
AG
"Disinformation" probably! is that how it works, democrats?
nortex97
AG
Maybe the russians flagged it a bunch so it triggered a (temporary) ban pending review, or maybe she somehow messed up her password/had a device locked on her otherwise (I could see a lot of spyware being targetted at her).

There are a lot of ways an account can get locked for a bit.
Old Army Metal
AG
oh no said:

Are you framing her attempts to retrieve her late husband's corpse in a timely manner as disinformation, or are you calling the fact of her being banned into question?
nortex97
AG
Old Army Metal said:

oh no said:

Are you framing her attempts to retrieve her late husband's corpse in a timely manner as disinformation, or are you calling the fact of her being banned into question?

I'd probably trust the Russians when they say not to touch the corpse for a few days until the poison wears off. But that's just me.
oh no
AG
Old Army Metal said:

oh no said:

i just thought she might have mentioned mask or vaccine mandates or Hunter's laptop or the virtues and security of mass-mailed in elections. grounds for being banned on the old twitter app.
BlueTaze
Can anyone here tell me what Putin has to gain by killing Alexei right as the US is debating war funding?
No Spin Ag
nortex97 said:

Old Army Metal said:

oh no said:

I'd probably trust the Russians when they say not to touch the corpse for a few days until the poison wears off. But that's just me.

Russia doesn't have the technology to pick up a body without getting themselves contaminated? I know Putin's Russia is a third world sheet hole, but I'd like to imagine they have hazmats.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Old Army Metal
AG
No Spin Ag said:

nortex97 said:

Old Army Metal said:

oh no said:

Russia doesn't have the technology to pick up a body without getting themselves contaminated? I know Putin's Russia is a third world sheet hole, but I'd like to imagine they have hazmats.

I imagine they went old-school. Hard to hide getting beaten to death on an autopsy.
oh no
AG
BlueTaze said:

Can anyone here tell me what Putin has to gain by killing Alexei right as the US is debating war funding?
the dude was on a hunger strike while in prison. food for thought.
Antoninus
I am curious why someone deleted the pics of Navalny's hot wife and daughter.
oh no
AG
Antoninus said:

i wonder if there are any other sites on the internet where you can look at hot russian women.
CSTXAg92
AG
The Kraken said:

Putin doing Putin things. Russia is a dictatorship, a menace and Putin needs to be eliminated.
We have to be careful about casting stones. Our government still has Jan 6 protestors incarcerated.
oh no
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

The Kraken said:

Putin doing Putin things. Russia is a dictatorship, a menace and Putin needs to be eliminated.
We have to be careful about casting stones. Our government still has Jan 6 protestors incarcerated.
it's (d)iffernt. i'm sure. once they get rid of all 75 million ultra maga extremists who didn't vote socialist, either by imprisonment or reeducation/deprogramming, they'll be benevolent heroes to all. nothing like authoritarians in other countries.
BBRex
AG
Old Army Metal said:

No Spin Ag said:

nortex97 said:

Old Army Metal said:

oh no said:

I imagine they went old-school. Hard to hide getting beaten to death on an autopsy.
Honestly, that would seem easy to explain, if you wanted to. "This prison houses some of the country's most dangerous prisoners. A few were able to corner him, raped him, then beat him to death. These men don't care about politics. They just saw a new person to target." Done.

Poison or drugs or even hanging seem a lot more difficult to just explain away. I guess a guy like Putin wouldn't want to admit he doesn't have complete control of the prisons or anything else, so that puts him into a bit of a corner.
waco_aggie05
AG
BluHorseShu said:

Yesterday said:

" "Russia is responsible for this," Blinken added. "We'll be talking to many other countries concerned about Alexei Navalny, especially if these reports bear out to be true."

In 2021, President Biden, after meeting with Putin in Geneva, Switzerland, was asked about what would happen if Navalny died in Russian custody.

"I made it clear to him that I believe the consequences of that would be devastating for Russia," Biden said"

That's rich coming from the country who let Epstein "kill himself."

Except Russia has a very very long history of disappearing people or dissenters ending up dead.

So right now, if you believe our government was responsible for Epsteins death the score would be:

US - 1
Russia - 100's if not more (that we know of).

Its just really weird to see other conservatives continue to carry Russia's water just because that's the tone Trump has set . The Russian government is not good, period. Minimizing them as a threat has and will bite the US in the ass.
I'll up the ante here, Ashli Babbit? Not to mention the political prisoners being held right now from Jan 6th.

Sure Putin is pure evil, but your scoreboard is broken.
Antoninus
oh no said:

Antoninus said:

i wonder if there are any other sites on the internet where you can look at hot russian women.
Just seems an odd thing to censor. But you be you.
Old Army Metal
AG
waco_aggie05 said:

BluHorseShu said:

Yesterday said:

" "Russia is responsible for this," Blinken added. "We'll be talking to many other countries concerned about Alexei Navalny, especially if these reports bear out to be true."

In 2021, President Biden, after meeting with Putin in Geneva, Switzerland, was asked about what would happen if Navalny died in Russian custody.

"I made it clear to him that I believe the consequences of that would be devastating for Russia," Biden said"

That's rich coming from the country who let Epstein "kill himself."

Except Russia has a very very long history of disappearing people or dissenters ending up dead.

So right now, if you believe our government was responsible for Epsteins death the score would be:

US - 1
Russia - 100's if not more (that we know of).

Its just really weird to see other conservatives continue to carry Russia's water just because that's the tone Trump has set . The Russian government is not good, period. Minimizing them as a threat has and will bite the US in the ass.
I'll up the ante here, Ashli Babbit? Not to mention the political prisoners being held right now from Jan 6th.

Sure Putin is pure evil, but your scoreboard is broken.
if Babbitt had attempted to enter the Kremlin without authorization, a billet in her thick skull would have been the kindest treatment she could hope for.
NicosMachine
AG
Navalny was the Russian Donald Trump. He opposed the entrenched government establishment and made his name opposing immigration. The Russian political class hated Navalny and used every "judicial" method to eliminate his opposition. He was labeled an "insurrectionist" and a "Nazi" and ultimately jailed for fake financial crimes. Biden is literally Putin. He is using the Putin playbook.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.