I will never buy an electric powered vehicle.

336,121 Views | 6115 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Kansas Kid
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have 2. A challenger for me. RAV4 for the wife. Throughout college, I lived with just car and did that when I was in my 10 year in the workforce. Living 5 minutes from work made that possible.

My parents have only had 2 cars. One for each of them. Same with my sister and her husband. Actually, when I think about it, I don't know that many people who own a 3rd car just for the fun of it.
Ag with kids
AG
Kansas Kid said:

Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

Philip J Fry said:

Well, considering Trump had gas in the $2 range and the only reason it's as high as it is now is because Biden is actively working to make it more expensive…no and hell no. I would not take that deal.

Requiring a 30 minute charge to 80% makes you tied ball and chain to your house every night. I prefer my freedom to travel without worrying about running out of fuel.

If it's a daily driver why does it matter how long it takes to charge at home?
What if I can't park it in my garage?

Because the GF gets one half of it and my golf cart and a **** ton of useless **** gets the other...

Then you clearly don't wear the pants in your relationship and no car will help you out…. I assume you have a minivan to help haul your GF's stuff around.
Yeah...

Boot your woman outside and see how well it works for you.

And we have Jeeps, thank you - getting absolutely ****ty gas mileage....
slaughtr
AG
techno-ag said:

slaughtr said:

Philip J Fry said:

EV owners really confuse me.

If my backup car fills every need I have, why would I go buy a primary car that I can only use during the week?
Because I have always had more than one car that serve different purposes. I've had up to 6 at a time. I have an EV that get's me to work and back, a truck to go into the mountains with my dog and an SUV to go out to dinner with my wife. I don't know very many households with just one car.
Look at me, I've got 6 cars!

Sorry to break it to you Bud, but that's atypical. Most households have one car, maybe two.
My name is not bud and I didn't say 6 cars is typical. But 2 very much is. It makes sense to have one be an efficient daily driver such as an EV or hybrid.
Kansas Kid
Ag with kids said:

Kansas Kid said:

Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

Philip J Fry said:

Well, considering Trump had gas in the $2 range and the only reason it's as high as it is now is because Biden is actively working to make it more expensive…no and hell no. I would not take that deal.

Requiring a 30 minute charge to 80% makes you tied ball and chain to your house every night. I prefer my freedom to travel without worrying about running out of fuel.

If it's a daily driver why does it matter how long it takes to charge at home?
What if I can't park it in my garage?

Because the GF gets one half of it and my golf cart and a **** ton of useless **** gets the other...

Then you clearly don't wear the pants in your relationship and no car will help you out…. I assume you have a minivan to help haul your GF's stuff around.
Yeah...

Boot your woman outside and see how well it works for you.

And we have Jeeps, thank you - getting absolutely ****ty gas mileage....

Actually, my car goes in the garage while the wife's is outside right now until we get the worthless crap sorted out in the garage. Hopefully that will be taken care of in a couple of weeks so I don't have to hear about it anymore.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
hph6203 said:

Not what that study said. It was about number of interactions with tTesla and whether they slanted positively or negatively. Meaning inclusive of conversations with friends and family.

A Tesla owner is exposed to all the same negative information that you are. The difference is that also includes personal interactions about the car. "How do you like your car?" "I love it!" Is a counter balancing force to news articles that are disproportionately likely to be negative unless there is something genuinely positive to say, and the auto market is not in a positive news cycle now. They are also more likely to seek out information about the future of the company/car rather than the present/recent past.

It's a difference in familiarity and doesn't say anything about whether they are right to like their car, or whether you are delusional in your skepticism of EVs.
Here we have a prime example of EV owner delusion. In the face of data the retort is simply "nuh-uh"

The general population acts as a control group. When control group is at -68 and Tesla owners are at +5, that is plain on its face Tesla owners living in denial.
hph6203
AG
You didn't read what the poll says. You read what you wanted to read, which is your own delusion. The study is not about interactions with positive of negative news stories, it is about total interactions related to the company. Meaning that while you, a non-owner, generally only interacts with the brand through news stories and your own preconceptions of the product, the owner has interactions that includes conversations with friends, family, co-workers and strangers and if they have a positive relationship with the product their interactions are more likely to sway positively.

That does not mean that non-owners have a misperception of whether the product would work for them, it is a self selected subset of the population that looked at the benefits and drawbacks of it and said "I want that." and when the product matches their understanding they come away with the impression of "I like that."

Control does not mean rational or knowledgeable, it means the broader perception of the company, which can be (and almost always is) a low information consumer of media.

Ask the average person about anything and they probably don't know dick about it. It is about "buzz" not knowledge. The average person is generally stupid about all things.

I don't own an EV.

Quote:

The market research firm's BrandIndex survey tracks how Americans feel about popular brands, measuring their results as "buzz." YouGov's researchers ask whether respondents have heard more positive or negative things about a brand over a few weeks. That includes mentions from media sources and discussions with friends and family.
techno-ag
AG
hph6203 said:

You didn't read what the poll says. You read what you wanted to read, which is your own delusion. The study is not about interactions with positive of negative news stories, it is about total interactions related to the company. Meaning that while you, a non-owner, generally only interacts with the brand through news stories and your own preconceptions of the product, the owner has interactions that includes conversations with friends, family, co-workers and strangers and if they have a positive relationship with the product their interactions are more likely to sway positively.

That does not mean that non-owners have a misperception of whether the product would work for them, it is a self selected subset of the population that looked at the benefits and drawbacks of it and said "I want that." and when the product matches their understanding they come away with the impression of "I like that."

Control does not mean rational or knowledgeable, it means the broader perception of the company, which can be (and almost always is) a low information consumer of media.

Ask the average person about anything and they probably don't know dick about it. It is about "buzz" not knowledge. The average person is generally stupid about all things.

I don't own an EV.

Quote:

The market research firm's BrandIndex survey tracks how Americans feel about popular brands, measuring their results as "buzz." YouGov's researchers ask whether respondents have heard more positive or negative things about a brand over a few weeks. That includes mentions from media sources and discussions with friends and family.

AKA, an echo chamber.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Teslag
AG
Do you not feel the anti EV folk also form and "echo chamber"?
techno-ag
AG
Teslag said:

Do you not feel the anti EV folk also form and "echo chamber"?
Are we the baddies? Nah. None of us is obsessed. None of us has changed our username, for one thing.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Teslag
AG
The "obsessed" people aren't the ones starting all the new EV threads
texsn95
AG
I love seeing all of these "safe and effective" chargers around town!
techno-ag
AG
Teslag said:

The "obsessed" people aren't the ones starting all the new EV threads
Sorry you can't take bad news about your favorite product. It makes for interesting discussion for the rest of us.

I go out of my way not to pile on you for the vaccine and all that. I just genuinely enjoy discussing EVs and their many shortcomings.

Wishing you well.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
hph6203
AG
6 threads started in two weeks related to EVs, and undoubtedly 100+ posts on threads related to EVs in that same period. No, you're not obsessed.

You're also almost universally misinformed, because you rely on outlets like Business Insider to inform you, written by dumb liberals like this broad.

Vocal fry. Up talking nitwit that is leading you by a leash.

techno-ag
AG
Cybertruck chief is out.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-head-cybertruck-manufacturing-leaves-amid-layoffs-2024-5?amp

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
Teslag
AG
Every EV owner on this board touts their negatives, of which there are quite a few. None to my knowledge support the mandates. We don't think they are for everyone. We think they will never replace ICE vehicles in totally. But we do like them and will no doubt correct some incorrect things by non owners.

None of that is obsessive or evangelical.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I don't know why he thinks EV owners getting high on their own farts refutes my point.
slaughtr
AG
One side says they will never, ever, under any circumstance own a certain type of vehicle. The other side says they like both. But it's the second group that's obsessed evangelicals?
techno-ag
AG
https://www.reuters.com/legal/tesla-is-sued-over-emissions-california-plant-2024-05-14/

Oh the irony.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
oh no
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

EV owners getting high on their own farts
my farts are A LOT more audible in the Rivian than they were in the F150, but they smell the same in both vehicles.
bobbranco
AG
slaughtr said:

One side says they will never, ever, under any circumstance own a certain type of vehicle. The other side says they like both. But it's the second group that's obsessed evangelicals?
While we have the friendly EV owners with the charisma and personality of Jehovah Witnesses.
tk for tu juan

10% Challenge: start at 10% SoC, charge for 15 min, then drive 80 mph until back at 10%
67.6 kWh with 15 min charge (10% to 72%)
158 miles at 80 mph
hph6203
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

I don't know why he thinks EV owners getting high on their own farts refutes my point.
Comments like these are definitively a sign of a mature and rational mind that is open to the idea of a counterargument. Definitely not prone to existing in an echo chamber. Definitely not led by preconceptions with the capacity to understand that there's variation in human expectation/experience.
hph6203
AG
Getting closer. Bump the efficiency up by 10-15%, improve the charge rate to 80% in 12-13 minutes or so and probably in the realm of "good enough for most people."

Hoping that Tesla is headed towards implementing these faster charger batteries hitting the market this year into the Model Y and that they fulfill their promise of implementing Powershare into all of their vehicles by 2025.

Once they add Powershare I'll be pulling the trigger and buying.
coconutED
AG
Blue cities: all in on "green" agenda + zero enforcement of petty crime = ...

Psycho Bunny
Cue that one poster, to tell us that this can happen to gas pumps.
Americans new motto
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
MaxPower said:

Psycho Bunny said:

Someone in the Montrose area is ruining people's days. Don't have this problem with gas hoses.

Are you saying someone couldn't go around cutting off gas hoses?
MaxPower
Psycho Bunny said:

Are you saying it can't?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
MaxPower said:

Psycho Bunny said:

Are you saying it can't?

Show us the copper in a gasoline hose.
hph6203
AG
Your assumption is they were cut for copper rather than deliberately damaged because leftists are nut jobs. Not sure it's a coincidence that Tesla laying off their Supercharger team and these reports of damage are so close together.

techno-ag
AG
hph6203 said:

Your assumption is they were cut for copper rather than deliberately damaged because leftists are nut jobs. Not sure it's a coincidence that Tesla laying off their Supercharger team and these reports of damage are so close together.

Tesla decided to rehire supercharger employees.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-05-13/tesla-rehires-some-supercharger-workers-weeks-after-musk-s-culling

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
hph6203
AG
There's literally nothing you post on this forum about Tesla that I haven't already seen before you.
techno-ag
AG
This one's sad. Three kids dead after slamming into a light pole at 100 mph. I dunno. Maybe the performance is off the charts by too much on these things.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/14/us-news/three-dead-after-speeding-tesla-goes-airborne-and-crashes-into-power-pole-video/amp/

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
Teslag
AG
techno-ag said:

This one's sad. Three kids dead after slamming into a light pole at 100 mph. I dunno. Maybe the performance is off the charts by too much on these things.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/14/us-news/three-dead-after-speeding-tesla-goes-airborne-and-crashes-into-power-pole-video/amp/

Are you also for banning V8 muscle cars?
WolfCall
AG
Anyone else hearing EVs causing symptoms, maladies, syndromes......??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13416843/EV-making-passengers-sick-Tesla.html
Quote:

EV owners say their cars are making them SICK - as driver claims her Tesla caused her nose bleeds, 'debilitating' body pains and hair loss
By NIKKI MAIN SCIENCE REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 20:59 EDT, 14 May 2024 | UPDATED: 20:59 EDT, 14 May 2024

EVs may be safer for the environment but owners claim the vehicles are causing harm to their health.

There are growing reports of electric car drivers suffering motion sickness, dizziness and nausea from the vehicles' braking and acceleration systems.

And a former Tesla owner has claimed that she experienced nosebleeds, hair loss and 'debilitating' body pains while using the vehicle she purchased in 2021.

While she was not entirely sure the Tesla was at fault, the Georgia resident and said her symptoms disappeared after selling the car.

Tesla owners have had to trade in some models because the air conditioning systems were prone to mold, which can cause asthma-like symptoms. ....

Deputy Travis Junior
Is this thread for real or is everybody trolling?
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 175

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.