I will never buy an electric powered vehicle.

336,348 Views | 6115 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Kansas Kid
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw a video on this and a lot of the motion related sickness was attributed to people not knowing how to drive properly with the regen braking. That said, my family has never experienced any issues even when I'm driving more aggressively.
techno-ag
AG
WolfCall said:

Anyone else hearing EVs causing symptoms, maladies, syndromes......??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13416843/EV-making-passengers-sick-Tesla.html
Quote:

EV owners say their cars are making them SICK - as driver claims her Tesla caused her nose bleeds, 'debilitating' body pains and hair loss
By NIKKI MAIN SCIENCE REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 20:59 EDT, 14 May 2024 | UPDATED: 20:59 EDT, 14 May 2024

EVs may be safer for the environment but owners claim the vehicles are causing harm to their health.

There are growing reports of electric car drivers suffering motion sickness, dizziness and nausea from the vehicles' braking and acceleration systems.

And a former Tesla owner has claimed that she experienced nosebleeds, hair loss and 'debilitating' body pains while using the vehicle she purchased in 2021.

While she was not entirely sure the Tesla was at fault, the Georgia resident and said her symptoms disappeared after selling the car.

Tesla owners have had to trade in some models because the air conditioning systems were prone to mold, which can cause asthma-like symptoms. ....

You're driving in a big electric field. Some might be sensitive to it.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
techno-ag
AG
Teslag said:

techno-ag said:

This one's sad. Three kids dead after slamming into a light pole at 100 mph. I dunno. Maybe the performance is off the charts by too much on these things.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/14/us-news/three-dead-after-speeding-tesla-goes-airborne-and-crashes-into-power-pole-video/amp/

Are you also for banning V8 muscle cars?
Not for banning either. But these things are even faster than muscle cars.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Medaggie
All of you guys have convince me. I just sold my Tesla and just traded in for a BMW X5. I am a believer now.

Just got a bargain new X5 and paid only 75K for it. I did get all of the add ons to match my Model Y. Its a bargain. for an extra 25k, I get to

1. an extra 25miles of range on a full tank
2. Get worse tech and have to bring the car in for even the most basic software update
3. Pump gas ever 3 dys as I average 150 miles driving a day
4. Pay an extra $120/wk on gas
5. Get less storage space
6. Get top of the line cruise control but why should I need anything better?
7. Get to use my Iphone waze b/c I don't see a mapping screen
8. Get to drive home to drop off grocery b/c I can't keep the car at a cool temp in Texas
9. Can't take my dog anywhere b/c going to the store means they will likely die when the cabin is 120+
10. I can't seem to find my car b/c the app doesn't tell me where the car is
11. I don't get to have 360 cameras on all the time
12. I can't watch youtube TV, netflix when I am waiting to pick a friend up at the airport
13. No remote start on this one, but who needs that
14. What my wife forgot her keys so I had to drive a good 30 minutes to give her the spare. Who needs remote start and full car controls remotely

But gosh darn it, I don't have to stop and refuel 3 times a year for about 60 minutes total. But hey, that 60 minutes a year sure is well worth not having the stuff above. I mean, that 60 minutes of my year is a deal breaker for sure. Who needs an extra 25K at purchase, 2-3K in fuel a year. Who needs cutting edge tech and convience. Those 60 minutes/yr is a deal breaker.

I am glad you guys all convinced me that an ICE is the way to go for me. My life is now so much better because I didnt wast 60 minutes a year but get to waste 5+ hrs a year pumping as next to the homeless guy asking me for money.
Logos Stick
I saw this posted on X. Is this true?

Teslag
AG
techno-ag said:

Teslag said:

techno-ag said:

This one's sad. Three kids dead after slamming into a light pole at 100 mph. I dunno. Maybe the performance is off the charts by too much on these things.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/14/us-news/three-dead-after-speeding-tesla-goes-airborne-and-crashes-into-power-pole-video/amp/

Are you also for banning V8 muscle cars?
Not for banning either. But these things are even faster than muscle cars.

That depends on the model and trim level. And most any vehicle these days is capable of going 100mph.
techno-ag
AG
Copper is at an all time high.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
DDub74
Medaggie said:

All of you guys have convince me. I just sold my Tesla and just traded in for a BMW X5. I am a believer now.

Just got a bargain new X5 and paid only 75K for it. I did get all of the add ons to match my Model Y. Its a bargain. for an extra 25k, I get to

1. an extra 25miles of range on a full tank
2. Get worse tech and have to bring the car in for even the most basic software update
3. Pump gas ever 3 dys as I average 150 miles driving a day
4. Pay an extra $120/wk on gas
5. Get less storage space
6. Get top of the line cruise control but why should I need anything better?
7. Get to use my Iphone waze b/c I don't see a mapping screen
8. Get to drive home to drop off grocery b/c I can't keep the car at a cool temp in Texas
9. Can't take my dog anywhere b/c going to the store means they will likely die when the cabin is 120+
10. I can't seem to find my car b/c the app doesn't tell me where the car is
11. I don't get to have 360 cameras on all the time
12. I can't watch youtube TV, netflix when I am waiting to pick a friend up at the airport
13. No remote start on this one, but who needs that
14. What my wife forgot her keys so I had to drive a good 30 minutes to give her the spare. Who needs remote start and full car controls remotely

But gosh darn it, I don't have to stop and refuel 3 times a year for about 60 minutes total. But hey, that 60 minutes a year sure is well worth not having the stuff above. I mean, that 60 minutes of my year is a deal breaker for sure. Who needs an extra 25K at purchase, 2-3K in fuel a year. Who needs cutting edge tech and convience. Those 60 minutes/yr is a deal breaker.

I am glad you guys all convinced me that an ICE is the way to go for me. My life is now so much better because I didnt wast 60 minutes a year but get to waste 5+ hrs a year pumping as next to the homeless guy asking me for money.
Are you being ironic? Nah can't tell.

If you listened to Texags to buy another car, well then . . .

And not every shoe fits and its a free country so stop complaining like a whiny millennial and get on with your life
Teslag
AG
techno-ag said:

Copper is at an all time high.

Isn't everything at an all time high?
Medaggie
No I am dead serious. I loved my Tesla MY but after reading this 160+ page thread, I am convinced.

I get to trade in 60 minutes of charging a year for 5+ hrs at the gas pump, slower car, less cargo, more maintenance, 10 yr old tech, going to the gas station next to a homeless camp.

Thats essentially what most on here thinks is a fair trade off because that 60 minutes a year extra at a tesla supercharger is a deal breaker.

Give me old tech, slower car, more maintenance, more time at the gas pump anytime. Plus I get to spend 25K more on a slower car. Reading this thread, the aha moment has hit me. Its a bargain.

Tomorrow I am trading my Iphone 14 for a gab phone. Trading my digital camera for a film roll. Going back to LP disc players. Going back to dot matrix printer. Bye bye Playstation, bringing back my commodore.

People on here have convinced me that old tech is the way to go.

Not whining at all. Definitely not a millenial. But this thread has made me realize that living in the past is better than the future. No more credit cards for me, going cash. I am going back to pen and paper. Going to dust off my pager.
agent-maroon
AG
Trying too hard...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Medaggie
No, I am an anti EV-er now. I don't care what the positives are. So what a 50K model Y is 2 seconds faster than an X5.

Its all about that 60 minutes I save a year at the supercharger. Thats all that matters. No one should ever buy an EV. You have to be brain dead to get an EV because you are wasting 60 minutes a year. No other benefits matter.

We are both in the medical field. Im going to the office tomorrow and going back to paper. No more EMR. Patient care is not any better with an EMR. Just let me spend 30 minutes looking up the lab paper file because you know the EMR could be hacked on the blue moon occasion.
DDub74
Hey I would get a Tesla if I had $80K laying around and use it for a city car. But I hunt, haul, and do things I need a truck for and almost bought the hybrid F150 but too pricey at the time. To each their own. You want a Tesla, buy a Tesla. I want an ICE, I'll buy an ICE. But don't use some completely BS climate change story to force me to buy an EV because the idiots in Washington or Brussels tell me I have to, or force the price of ICE so high through regulation that EV's are cheaper only because of subsidies from the government.
Teslag
AG
Why would you spend $80k on a Tesla instead of $40k?
DDub74
OMG okay $40K lying around. My point is the same.

Man y'all are "sensitive" about this. Guess I should have read the previous 159 pages. I'll move on then. Good luck with that BMW!
hph6203
AG
techno-ag said:

WolfCall said:

Wow.
GAC06
AG
I knew someone that was suffering from a mysterious illness when riding in ICE vehicles. Dramamine helped.
texsn95
AG
Teslag said:

Why the **** do you care so much?
6-2, stack monster
texsn95 said:

Teslag said:

I've never seen a bigger Tesla pole smoker in my life.
FCBlitz
techno-ag said:

WolfCall said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13416843/EV-making-passengers-sick-Tesla.html
Quote:

EV owners say their cars are making them SICK - as driver claims her Tesla caused her nose bleeds, 'debilitating' body pains and hair loss

EVs may be safer for the environment but owners claim the vehicles are causing harm to their health.

There are growing reports of electric car drivers suffering motion sickness, dizziness and nausea from the vehicles' braking and acceleration systems.

And a former Tesla owner has claimed that she experienced nosebleeds, hair loss and 'debilitating' body pains while using the vehicle she purchased in 2021.

While she was not entirely sure the Tesla was at fault, the Georgia resident and said her symptoms disappeared after selling the car.

Tesla owners have had to trade in some models because the air conditioning systems were prone to mold, which can cause asthma-like symptoms. ....

Funny that you mention electrical sensitivity. I remember when there were claims that high voltage was killing people. Probably the same people cursing the power companies are now claiming EV cars are safe.
techno-ag
AG
FCBlitz said:

techno-ag said:

WolfCall said:

Quote:

Funny that you mention electrical sensitivity. I remember when there were claims that high voltage was killing people. Probably the same people cursing the power companies are now claiming EV cars are safe.
Yeah they've been concerned about it for a while. It just doesn't grab the headlines like all the quality control issues Tesla has been having.

This article is from 2021.

Quote:

While devoid of carbon monoxide or other stinky pollutants, high-tech electric cars are instead emitting a gasless pollutant: Electromagnetic Field radiation, or EMF radiation.

EMF radiation is a low form of energy released by any piece of technology with a plug or a battery that uses an electric current to function. Modern science has proven that extended exposure to these emissions cause adverse health effects.
https://defendershield.com/electric-cars-emf-radiation-could-your-tesla-be-bad-for-you

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
Kansas Kid
techno-ag said:

FCBlitz said:

techno-ag said:

WolfCall said:

Quote:

Yeah they've been concerned about it for a while. It just doesn't grab the headlines like all the quality control issues Tesla has been having.

This article is from 2021.

Quote:

While devoid of carbon monoxide or other stinky pollutants, high-tech electric cars are instead emitting a gasless pollutant: Electromagnetic Field radiation, or EMF radiation.

EMF radiation is a low form of energy released by any piece of technology with a plug or a battery that uses an electric current to function. Modern science has proven that extended exposure to these emissions cause adverse health effects.
https://defendershield.com/electric-cars-emf-radiation-could-your-tesla-be-bad-for-you

And gasoline and oil have a number of known and suspected carcinogens like benzene and xylenes. Exxon just lost a $726mm verdict over this issue. Since you are so worried about people's health, I assume you will advise people to avoid gasoline and diesel vehicles because you get exposed every time you fill up from the vapors and especially if any gets on your hands.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1780852/#:~:text=Abstract,methyltert%2Dbutylether%2C%20and%20others.
agent-maroon
AG
Constant exposure to electromagnetic field : infrequent exposure to gasoline :: apples : oranges
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Teslag
AG
texsn95 said:

Teslag said:

Becaus it's a message board he obviously didn't know how much they really cost. Just repeating the same tired Teslas are expensive trope.
Kansas Kid
agent-maroon said:

Constant exposure to electromagnetic field : infrequent exposure to gasoline :: apples : oranges

Known carcinogen and fuel vapors can and do get into the cabin. Potential but totally unproven risk from EMF and besides, we are exposed to EmF all the time in houses and other places and from every electrical devise we own. Heck, people are claiming cell phones are causing brain cancer.

All I am pointing out though is the hypocrisy in the positions he takes. If you are worried about people's health, then why not point out the dangers in ICE vehicles as well but while he says he wants to have a discussion, he is like the college demonstrators that only want to hear things that support him and his position.
bobbranco
AG
Teslag said:

texsn95 said:

Teslag said:

Becaus it's a message board he obviously didn't know how much they really cost. Just repeating the same tired Teslas are expensive trope.

Wrong. Again. And. Again.

Model X.

*Price before incentives and savings is $77,990, excluding taxes and fees. Subject to change.
Teslag
AG
Not to mention that high speed rail uses nduction motors far more powerful than a Tesla and expose millions of people a year to EMF.
Teslag
AG
bobbranco said:

Teslag said:

texsn95 said:

Teslag said:

Model X.

*Price before incentives and savings is $77,990, excluding taxes and fees. Subject to change.

And their best selling models are all below the national new car average.

It doesn't hurt to do a little research on this topic.
bobbranco
AG
Teslag said:

bobbranco said:

Teslag said:

texsn95 said:

Teslag said:

Model X.

I did. Price can be about $80k.
Quit your equivocation.
Teslag
AG
Why did you ignore the best selling models?
bobbranco
AG
Teslag said:

Why did you ignore the best selling models?
Not ignoring. Maybe somebody wants the higher end. There are more costly models.

But you know this prevaricator.
Teslag
AG
Hence the question "Why would you spend $80k on a Tesla"? before someone.white knighted for him.
MaxPower
bobbranco said:

Teslag said:

bobbranco said:

Teslag said:

texsn95 said:

Teslag said:

Model X.

I did. Price can be about $80k.
Quit your equivocation.
A freaking truck can be over $80k as well. A lambo can be $500k. Why is any of that relevant?
bobbranco
AG
Teslag said:

Hence the question "Why would you spend $80k on a Tesla"? before someone.white knighted for him.
Why would he want to buy a Tesla? He said it was not feasible and the one he liked, I'm guessing here, an $80k model was too much money?

Not that difficult to understand.
Medaggie
Thanks Anti EVers, you have made my life better. I understand now why EVs are never a good option. Just sold my MY and went to pick up my new 75K BMW X5. Only took me 2 hrs waiting for the sales guy, then the manager Guido came after pushing me to buy about 10K add ons. Something like paint protection, extended warranty, Better wheels/tires, some headliner upgrade. I really didn't understand but its OK, only 10K more.

So out the door for only 85K and 3 hours.

But my life is now better getting away from the Model Y. I just saved 60 minutes a year that I typically use at Superchargers. So what when I ordered my Model Y, it took me 10 minutes to drive off after spending 15 minutes clicking about 5 options knowing the exact price.
First Page Last Page
Page 160 of 175

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.