*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

307,779 Views | 3675 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by MSTC Man
Boozer92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SDSU coach asked for 2 replays that no chance of being overturned. Maybe tomorrow he makes better decisions
Belton Ag
AG
Boozer92 said:

SDSU coach asked for 2 replays that no chance of being overturned. Maybe tomorrow he makes better decisions
The catcher interference challenge was such a stupid move. The runner was obviously out by a mile and the umpire was standing right there watching it. I couldn't believe the coach challenged that.
Sean98
AG
A good friend of mine will be in the stadium this afternoon watching his daughter (Olivia Bruno, DP) play for the Jayhawks. Be kind to them but also put a whuppin' on them!!
Wooahhhh
AG
Looked foul to me, real time. Blue getting reps. Announcer glanced right over it. And it all evens out, so be ready. The team looks solid. The diving catch at first was a heckuva play.
mullokmotx
AG
The KU-NDSU game scheduled for 2 PM today started at 2:45. Our game with KU might be pushed back a little from it's scheduled start of 4:30.
mullokag
Boozer92
AG
kansas game just ended. first pitch around 5:15
VegasAg86
AG
Boozer92 said:

kansas game just ended. first pitch around 5:15

Thank you.
Buglerank62
AG
kansas record to date?
oldagpete_65
What is streaming link to the game?
Thanks
bdp514am
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/a2752fd8-1bc0-4892-82d0-62a5bf2703e1
bdp514am
7 - 5 - 1
Gap
AG
Bottom 4
0-0 against Kansas

Pop ups killing the offense so far. I think 5 of them thru 3 innings for our offense. Time to put up some runs.
Gap
AG
Kansas leads 1-0 in the 7th.

It has been one of those days at the plate. The number of pop ups we have hit today is insane. We just haven't put any pressure on their defense.
Gap
AG
A K and 2 more popups and Kansas wins 1-0
Belton Ag
AG
Pretty bad display of offense in that game. Could have been the worst I've seen in a long time.
Gap
AG
We have a potent lineup, but we definitely had trouble squaring up the rise ball today. We almost exclusively got under it. On to the next one.
Belton Ag
AG
I was thinking that the game might come down to the first pitcher that made a mistake. Too bad it was Shaylee, she pitched a hell of a game other than that one pitch.
mullokmotx
AG
Left 8 runners on base against KU.
The one NDSU pitcher was listed on the roster card as 6'-4". She is the tallest softball player I have ever seen.
mullokag
Boozer92
AG
The 6-4 girl was interesting. I figured with her size she would bring it. Every pitch she threw was 60-61 mph with very little movement. I was surprised m. You expect the tall ones to bring it

Game one pop ups were frustrating. No adjustments by the hitters at any point. I tip my hat to the KU pitchers. Whatever kept us from squaring her up was something anyone ever figured out.

Sitting Keely in game one was head scratching. Maybe she struggles same as everyone else but she has a proven bat at this level and never left the bench
Positivelyag512
Belton Ag said:

mullokmotx said:

On the radio post game interview Allie Enright said she thought her 4th inning bases loaded double was foul and it looked like that to me on the replay.
We sit looking straight down the first base line and we both thought it was foul when it hit. When I looked down and saw the umpire indicating fair I was shocked.

I was standing directly behind home plate and it was foul, but i think we had used both our challenges at that point
Belton Ag
AG
mullokmotx said:

Left 8 runners on base against KU.
The one NDSU pitcher was listed on the roster card as 6'-4". She is the tallest softball player I have ever seen.
I remember Baylor having a pitcher like that during our Big 12 days. Talk about a long stride, when she released the ball she'd damn near be out of the circle.
Positivelyag512
Belton Ag said:

I thought the game might come down to the first pitcher who made a mistake. Too bad it was Shaylee. She pitched a hell of a game other than that one pitch.

The most remarkable thing was that Shay got a massive ovation for her effort. That was classy on us, Ag's part; by the way, BeltonAg, the KU Man in the Red Hat, was one of the most belligerent fans I've seen at a college game ever, along with KU's catcher's mom. It's a very different vibe over there, coach McFalls , but her parents are not
Positivelyag512
I also want to say this: I counted many people wanting to quit on this team after that loss. Speaking to a friend, family, whoever, Don't do it, this team is actually only going to GET BETTER as the year goes along.
mullokmotx
AG
I thought the St. Thomas we are playing this week was from Houston. They are from St. Paul and play in the Summit League with North Dakota State.
mullokag
Gap
AG
Pop-up bug is back today.

0-0 against a weak UTSA team after 3 innings.

I think we have one total out via ground ball and it was a bunt back to the pitcher.
Belton Ag
AG
I don't know what is going on with this offense but they're taking some really poor hacks and aren't squaring the ball up at all. Hitters aren't even going deep into the count.

Once again this game may come down to whichever pitcher makes a mistake.
Gap
AG
Ags are trailing an awful UTSA team in the 8th inning 1-0 as Kennedy gives up her first hit of the game.
Gap
AG
Ags will come to the plate down one run with a runner placed on second and the top of the order coming up.
Gap
AG
1-1 score

Bases loaded for the Ags, 1 out

Trinity Cannon at the plate.
Gap
AG
Grand slam Cannon

Ags win 5-1

Whew
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
What a clutch at bat… and a great catch by a fan!
Belton Ag
AG
I can't believe Canon took that 2nd to last pitch… and I can't believe that pitch wasn't called.

Crazy end to that game

Also, why did it take until the 8th inning to bunt runners around?
BQ_90
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

What a clutch at bat… and a great catch by a fan!

And then he tossed the ball to a little kid, good bull on whoever that was
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Belton Ag said:

I can't believe Canon took that 2nd to last pitch… and I can't believe that pitch wasn't called.

Crazy end to that game

Also, why did it take until the 8th inning to bunt runners around?

I thought it was a strike too
mullokmotx
AG
Emiley Kennedy did what she was supposed to do today, allowing no hits and 1 walk in 7 innings.
mullokag
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.