Dear Vandy Whistler,

22,490 Views | 153 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Yell Practice
Aftermath
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dude, it's a baseball game , not an opera. The fact that this guy has everybody's panties in a wad makes me think that he is the most entertaining thing at the ball park!!! Do you think it's not annoying to hear 80000 fans in unison, "Farmers, Farmers we're alright"?
Amazing Moves
It's the worst.
rockisagood
AG
Over the years I've come to find that baseball fans are HANDS DOWN the most whiny fans of any sport.

Let this damn guy enjoy the ball game how he wants to enjoy it.

If you're bothered by it, then bring earplugs or lower your TV volume. Is baseball commentary REALLY that interesting???
spanky
AG
I like to enjoy games by punching whistlers in the face...just let me be
92Ag95
AG
or as one of my Indian profs would have said....

The Wandy Vistler
Amazing Moves
I wish someone would chop off their 1st baseman's chin and sew it to the whistler's mouth.
Amarillo Slim
AG
That was the most annoyed someone has ever made me at a game and that's saying something!
Wildmen03
AG
98% of people against and 2% for this jackwad. There's no reason this attention hoaring crater faced boondoggle of a human being should be allowed to do what he does. Yet he's allowed to do what he wants without recourse.

There was a time when we'd take a guy like you in the back and beat you with a hose. Now you've got your God-damned unions.
Buford T. Justice
AG
The "Vandy Whistler," giveth not one damn about Vandy baseball. Rather, he has taken it hostage to promote his own sense of celebrity. Vandy and the SEC need to give him the boot.
BayAg14
STX Ag
AG
In Open Range the Indians take a guy and hang him, naked, from a tree wrapped in cowhide and then build a fire underneath him, essentially steaming him to death.

I'd like to do that to the whistler, except also fill the cowhide with fire ants and also razor blades to cut him when he writhed around from the heat.

We had the game on at my office today and even my employees, who had no prior knowledge of the guy, were ready to slit their wrists by the 5th inning.
McInnis
AG
What if a co-ed sitting nearby would complain about him, saying she thought he was harassing her and that she didn't feel safe?

I guess we lost our best chance of that happening though when they played Missouri yesterday.
zeromas
Get 5 or 10 willing students or Former Students to come to the park with whistles (spend a dollar for a lifeguard whistle).
Coordinate the times you want to blow whistles and blow the Hell out of them.

The Vanderb. guy is doing his work by himself. 5 or 10 willing Ags who are willing to buy some whistles to blow will put him in his place and it will be a heck of a lot more effective than that DB.
WC87
AG
Does he use a whistle or is it all natural whistling
scottk1966
AG
Best thing about watching our game against SC today for me? I don't have to listen to that idiot whistle.
trouble
AG
quote:
Does he use a whistle or is it all natural whistling

All natural
Tailgate88
AG
Someone needs to sit right behind this jackwad with one of these. Every time he whistles, point it at his head and push the button.

trouble
AG
Well, that'll happen once. No artificial noisemakers allowed
Tailgate88
AG
All right then, how much noise do these things make?

spanky
AG
quote:
IN THE FACE!!!!
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Just sit next to/behind the guy and every time he starts up just start yelling "WHISTLE! HEY I'M WHISTLING HERE! CAN EVERYBODY HEAR ME?!? WHISTLE! WHISTLE! I'M THE VANDY WHISTLER! I ANNOY EVERYONE AT THE PARK AND WATCHING ON TV!! WHISTLE!"

I think multiple people doing this would be awesome.
trouble
AG
Not much
swimmerbabe11
I've kinda gotten where I can tune it out.

It's annoying because Vandy is my third favorite team to watch (with my 2nd fave coach in the NCAA)

I think Vandy fanbase is split on their opinion of him
Pumpkinhead
AG
Dave South just spoke about the Vandy Whistler during the radio broadcast covering the game vs. South Carolina today.

Said that he spoke with a Vandy guy last night. Apparently several times other fans have gotten very upset, went after him trying to start a fight and so forth, and they have had to call security in at times to protect the guy. Said that one time some fans even tried to get the police to arrest him.

Apparently nothing fazes the guy. Police, physical confrontation, whatever. He has seen it all and doesn't seem to care. Other than the SEC stepping in or him disappearing Hoffa style, guy apparently will keep doing what he's doing.
trouble
AG
He just needs to be removed from every game. Warn him and if he does it again, kick him out.
agmag
I was watching the game on TV and found him extremely annoying. His persistent whistle, whistle, whistle with each clap ( as a normal fan does) really grates on the ears! All your fans who refuse to call him on it should be ashamed. They have to be as disturbed as opponents are!
Sean98
AG
quote:

Apparently nothing fazes the guy. Police, physical confrontation, whatever. He has seen it all and doesn't seem to care. Other than the SEC stepping in or him disappearing Hoffa style, guy apparently will keep doing what he's doing.
That's because the physical confrontations never actually get "physical." If someone would bust him in his fat mouth that would change.

...plus it's really hard to whistle effectively with a fat lip.
Mathguy64
AG
"You are going to look pretty funny whistling with no ****ing teeth"
aggieclay
quote:
Dude, it's a baseball game , not an opera. The fact that this guy has everybody's panties in a wad makes me think that he is the most entertaining thing at the ball park!!! Do you think it's not annoying to hear 80000 fans in unison, "Farmers, Farmers we're alright"?
No I don't think it's nearly as annoying! Now, if we continually screamed it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, etc. then yeah!
TexasRebel
AG
That's not Open Range.
STX Ag
AG
You're right, open range was a Costner?

Which one am I thinking of?
TexasRebel
AG
The Missing, maybe?
Allen76
AG
quote:
All right then, how much noise do these things make?

Haha, it would probably do serious damage to the old fart, who looks much older than me.

The one my wife has scares the hell out of people when she shows it to them and does a little test buzz near them.
swc93
AG
Tell us more about your wife's big scary electrical device that she shows people.
STX Ag
AG
Yep, that's the one. But you still get the point, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.