Kyler and Aggie Baseball

17,528 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AFDave13
Yell Practice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good Luck to Kyler on the Aggie baseball team. Hope that he plays real well.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Good Luck to Kyler on the Aggie baseball team. Hope that he plays real well.

I see what you're saying. I want the best players on the field

But honestly, if I HAD to root for somebody, it would be the guys who have been out there all fall.

If Kyler beats then out legitimately, though, so be be it...

Bunk Moreland
I also want to make it clear that I'm not predicting Kyler will be a starter, or an all american, or even on the team. I was just providing the little background info I had on him prior to getting on campus.

That being said, I'm not going to penalize a guy for playing multiple sports in college. The best play, period. If he's better than the guys who have been in the program, he should start. If not, then don't start him just because of his QB status.
Yell Practice
Have not seen him play baseball. Lot of good things being said about him, however.
Sandman98
AG
quote:
I also want to make it clear that I'm not predicting Kyler will be a starter, or an all american, or even on the team. I was just providing the little background info I had on him prior to getting on campus.

That being said, I'm not going to penalize a guy for playing multiple sports in college. The best play, period. If he's better than the guys who have been in the program, he should start. If not, then don't start him just because of his QB status.

This is my view exactly. Every word of it.
Baby Billy
AG
quote:
Kyler's future as an athlete is slot receiver. He will make a good pinch runner if he plays for the Aggies. But I don't see how he breaks into this lineup. We have no idea if he can hit a D1 slider. It is silly to project him as a future MLB player with his average arm strength (notice we didn't try the Hail Mary against SC. Why? Kyler couldn't reach the end zone from our 45 yard line), and he bats from the right side and surely does not hit with power. If he was that good he would have been playing SS, not 2B at Allen.

I bet you my bank account Kyler can throw it into the endzone from the 50
dirkjones
AG
quote:
quote:
and he bats from the right side and surely does not hit with power.

I bet you my bank account Kyler can throw it into the endzone from the 50
I don't remember the number, but he hit a lot of home runs his junior year and may have led the DFW area.
MMantle
AG
You're absolutely wrong, you're obviously just guessing on Kyler, he has a lot of pop in his bat, a lot.

RR
Yell Practice
Will be interesting to watch.
MMantle
AG
Yep, lots of moving parts on this one.

RR
Sandman98
AG
quote:
I don't remember the number, but he hit a lot of home runs his junior year and may have led the DFW area.

For a smallish middle of the field defender, that is a lot of power as a high school junior.
Wabs
AG
After what I've seen from Kyler on the football field, and especially during the Auburn game, I think needs to focus on baseball. One, he is too small to play D1 football and certainly in the SEC. Two, he has zero future professionally in football. He is a great athlete and from what I hear he is an excellent baseball player. If he spent as much time getting reps as the other baseball players, he'd be in the starting lineup and playing well within a year.
Foxo
AG
I agree. As an SEC QB, he will spend most of his time trying to recover from injuries. You can't always avoid getting hit by sliding.
W
AG
one thing for sure...Kyler is going to add an element of intrigue to the 2016 baseball season
Honeybear
quote:
Kyler's future as an athlete is slot receiver. He will make a good pinch runner if he plays for the Aggies. But I don't see how he breaks into this lineup. We have no idea if he can hit a D1 slider. It is silly to project him as a future MLB player with his average arm strength (notice we didn't try the Hail Mary against SC. Why? Kyler couldn't reach the end zone from our 45 yard line), and he bats from the right side and surely does not hit with power. If he was that good he would have been playing SS, not 2B at Allen.
Kyler is Krey Bratson 2.0 Kyler will have big league speed and defense. Good arm. Won't hit.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
quote:
Kyler is Krey Bratson 2.0 Kyler will have big league speed and defense. Good arm. Won't hit.

Why do you think he "won't hit"?
EMY92
AG
Didn't Bratsen hit about .330 his freshman year? He slumped as a sophomore and junior but had a decent senior season at the plate.
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:
After what I've seen from Kyler on the football field, and especially during the Auburn game, I think needs to focus on baseball. One, he is too small to play D1 football and certainly in the SEC. Two, he has zero future professionally in football. He is a great athlete and from what I hear he is an excellent baseball player. If he spent as much time getting reps as the other baseball players, he'd be in the starting lineup and playing well within a year.

You do realize Kyler turned 18 in August, don't you? he's really, really young to be a starting QB in college. His dad is about 6'3" so I'd be surprised if Kyler doesn't get taller. I think it's WAY premature to write him off as a QB because of height.

twk
AG
quote:
quote:

You do realize Kyler turned 18 in August, don't you? he's really, really young to be a starting QB in college. His dad is about 6'3" so I'd be surprised if Kyler doesn't get taller. I think it's WAY premature to write him off as a QB because of height.

His uncle Calvin, who played baseball in the majors, was 5'11". Three inches of growth at this point would be pretty good, but still leave him well short of his dad. I could be wrong, but I'll be surprised if he really fills out.
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

His uncle Calvin, who played baseball in the majors, was 5'11". Three inches of growth at this point would be pretty good, but still leave him well short of his dad. I could be wrong, but I'll be surprised if he really fills out.
You seem to be implying he's 5'8" which just isn't true. There's a good photo from Saturday with him and a WR/DB recruit who is 5'10" and they are dead even with each other. Unless this is Hollywood where we make everyone else look shorter than they are so that Tom Cruise looks normal then Kyler is pretty much 5'10". Still not big enough to "know" he has a future as an NFL QB.

Good point on Calvin though. Kevin might be the outlier in the family.
Foxo
AG
I agree he looks really small behind the giant OL but when he is next to another player of about 6 feet he appears to match up.
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
You seem to be implying he's 5'8" which just isn't true. There's a good photo from Saturday with him and a WR/DB recruit who is 5'10" and they are dead even with each other.
Then both players are 5'8". HTH
ColoradoMooseHerd
Granger never went full baseball until his last spring because he knew he was going to sign. Granger played football every fall he was at A&M.
Spyderman
AG
Think Justin Evans is going to play too?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Foxo
AG
Is Evans a baseball player?
Yell Practice
Maybe Kyler can start early since football is about over.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Maybe Kyler can start early since football is about over.

wouldn't he pretty much start when all of the other players start?
bay fan
S
Fall baseball is over for team practice I suspect. Maybe he can do individuals.
MMantle
AG
I've been told he's been spending a lot of time in the batting cages.

RR
dirkjones
AG
He does have a locker at Blue Bell but according those that I know, has not made an appearance there during football season.
bay fan
S
Not sure where that "a lot" of time is coming from. Football is still going. A lot of time in the cages is what the guys not on the football team are spending in the cages.
threeanout
AG
quote:
quote:
The bigger question may be if he hits .350 or so his freshman year, does he opt out of football.......aka Jeff Granger.

Plus Granger was a known amateur baseball talent. Was on Team USA (which I hear Slocum was not happy about at all, but that's a whole other issue)

I would say Kyler is a known amateur baseball talent.

Question is where does he break in to this lineup. Birk had a great fall and supposedly improved on defense, so 2B looks locked in. Maybe in LF as that looks like a committee position. Or, does he DH since we are lacking a true lead off hitter?
dirkjones
AG
Hopefully he can become the lead off hitter but I don't think so this year, nor do I see being the DH. I think LF is a possibility also, or a platoon with Birk at 2nd.
elaggie2002
AG
quote:
He is planning to join the team in January. I heard he will play CF. We'll see, but I think it will be tough breaking into the lineup with just three weeks of practice while these other players are on the diamond 12 months a year.

Unless they promised him pt also.....
Yell Practice
Doubt if Kyler has been promised baseball PT. He will have to work hard and show them, IMO.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.