WOW - Hyman in front row wearing purple.

21,014 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggiesWin
pudge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I like to point to Alleva ripping into the NCAA officials after their regional game got postponed when they could've played. Was it a big ordeal in the grand scheme of things? Probably not. But it was cool to see an AD go to bat for his guys. Would Hyman have done the same for us? Doubtful.

My favorite Alleva story is the one where he lost John Chavis.
And most LSU fans are OK with that. Only time will really tell.
Maybe they tell you they are now after some perverted reasoning, but at the time I've never seen a bigger meltdown.
I guarantee you after the number of 4th quarter leads that we have blown the last few years, the way that the Aggies should have beaten us last year, and the defensive performance in Nashville last year, I had no problem with him going to A&M. When the news came out before the bowl game in Nashville that he and A&M were talking, I knew we weren't ready to play, but I attended the game anyway hoping it wasn't true. When I saw how we were prepared, the meltdown I had was that he might stay.

I hope he does well for the Aggies as a Texas Tiger who grew up here and yell for A&M except when playing us, but I felt like he quit on us and hope he doesn't do the same to my Aggie friends. And before you say I don't know anything about coaches, I was one before and moved up the food chain as well, but I never spoke to anyone about changing schools while I was still coaching the current year's team. Now when the season was completely over, then I would consider, but I wanted to win so bad with the team I was working with at that time. I felt that Chavis betrayed us and that's my personal opinion. Probably glad I retired and moved out of College Station this past year because I don't know what I would have said to him if I saw him around town anywhere, but I'm sure it wouldn't have been nice.

Like I said, I hope he does well for y'all except on the Saturday during Thanksgiving. I enjoy it when the Aggies are doing well and my friends are happy.
Rocco S
Save the revisionist history.

LSU fans were laughing at us for thinking we would steal Chavis. There were no threads on any of the LSU sites saying "oh wow the Aggies want Chavis, let's help him pack". After the fact, we heard non stop revisionist BS about "oh, we were all ready to see him go". His defenses were the only thing keeping LSU at the level they've been at as a team, it certainly isn't the offense. Chavis totally had our number, so by taking him, we get a great DC and don't have to play him any more.

But finally, if you think Kevin Steele is an upgrade over Chavis, I just don't know what to tell you.
pudge
quote:
Save the revisionist history.

LSU fans were laughing at us for thinking we would steal Chavis. There were no threads on any of the LSU sites saying "oh wow the Aggies want Chavis, let's help him pack". After the fact, we heard non stop revisionist BS about "oh, we were all ready to see him go". His defenses were the only thing keeping LSU at the level they've been at as a team, it certainly isn't the offense. Chavis totally had our number, so by taking him, we get a great DC and don't have to play him any more.

But finally, if you think Kevin Steele is an upgrade over Chavis, I just don't know what to tell you.
Did I say anything about Steele? No! His track record at Baylor and Clemson doesn't show me that he will be better than Chavis at all and I've never said that he will be better.

You may call it revisionist, but ask a few of my friends in section 412 of Tiger Stadium what I yelled at Chavis when we let Alabama move 75 yards in 40 seconds to tie the game and lose in overtime and what I yelled in Nashville when we gave up numerous first downs of 3rd and over 10.

He is a very good coach and will show a marked improvement over the previous defense for sure for the Aggies. I just don't like the way he left Baton Rouge and as far as I'm concerned, if he wanted to leave, then he did the right thing by leaving. I'm sure some thought the same of me when I changed schools.

I just don't like him personally, but again like I said before, I hope he does well in Aggieland. When the Aggies are doing well, my friends are happy and we all have much more fun.
Sea Gull
AG
So you yelled at a coach that allowed a little more than 300 yards to a team that advanced to the playoffs, when they were averaging almost 500 yards a game. He also gave up 20 points to a team averaging WELL over that? And you were *****ing at him? Good lord...
Rocco S
If you think Chavis's defense was why LSU hasn't been any better than they have lately, again, not sure what to tell you. Part of the reason he left was to coach defense for a team with a potent offense.
Yell Practice
TexasAggiesWin
S
Blaming the defense and Chavis for the majority of LSU loses is similar to those here on TexAgs who blame the Aggie offense for losing games...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.