WOW - Hyman in front row wearing purple.

21,018 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggiesWin
Goose06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
When Hyman stated on TexAgs Radio that the capacity of Kyle Field should be limited to 95,000 I think he really lost a lot of Aggies. He said this in 2012, not during a mediocre season.

Also, telling Aggies that we should manage our expectations in basketball when most wanted Kennedy fired was ridiculous.

Our AD should wear maroon-tinted glasses. I want an AD who is fighting for Texas A&M. Hyman does not fight for A&M... at best he is indifferent or neutral when it comes to doing what is best for Texas A&M.

This needs more blue stars
Captain Pablo
AG
How did we get stuck with that guy?

And why is he still around?
ftworthag02
AG
https://vimeo.com/104020246

not to mention he has a monthly online chat w/ frog fans and has a weekly article "notes on a scorecard" that discusses the previous week athletic accomplishments and the upcoming athletic events.
Rocco S
quote:
His daughter graduated from tcu.

His pay checks say Texas A&M on them
Old Main
AG
quote:

Why does Hyman get away with some of this borderline stuff? It doesn't matter that TCU is in a different conference. We still compete with TCU in recruiting and most recently in baseball. We should have an AD that is so gung-ho on A&M that our only concern is him being too aggressive in terms of representing Texas A&M and protecting our interests.

Sorry, but Alabama or Florida would never put up with crap like this from their AD. What concerns me is the affect Hyman is having on our athetic department... things that we don't even know about.

Byrne used to have summer retreats for the coaching staffs for each and every sport. I read very good things about these retreats. Does Hyman do anything like this? Byrne's mantra was "Building Champions". All we hear from Hyman is "Managing Expectations." This is a serious issue in my opinion.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/F4lKw2Et.png[/img]
ftworthag02
AG
That's Chris delconte , tcu ad. Not Hyman.

Watch the video
Old Main
AG
OK... I guess I am confused as to why it was mentioned in reference to this discussion on Hyman... editing my post.
The Collective
AG
I think we needed a big stadium, so the 100k plus is right. At the same time, Hyman's plan may have included more premium seats (more armchairs, more space for suite / club areas, etc). That thought process certainty has some merit . Now, his condescension about our past attendance was smug to our fan base and lacked an understanding of the demographics of our university.
txag614
It really is a slap in the face that this guy is still around.
Old Main
AG
quote:
At the same time, Hyman's plan may have included more premium seats (more armchairs, more space for suite / club areas, etc). That thought process certainty has some merit . Now, his condescension about our past attendance was smug to our fan base and lacked an understanding of the demographics of our university.
I understand the suites factoring in, but I still don't see where our AD gets a total attendance number of 95,000 in a huge expansion/renovation project. We got over 90,000 in Kyle for the Nebraska game in 2010 towards the end of the Sherman era. In 2012 we have the SEC, Sumlin, Manziel, the Heisman, increasing enrollment, expanding alumni base, etc. I just don't see where an AD comes up with 95,000. Our average attendance in 2014 was 105,123 (according to the NCAA website), so it has already been proven 95,000 was a stupid number. Hyman is not an advocate for Texas A&M.
ftworthag02
AG
I posted that as a example of what Hyman should be doing. Del conte wears something purple everyday since he is representing the students, the athletes, the administration, the alumni, etc. The guy wears purple tennis shoes & shorts
Old Main
AG
quote:
The guy wears purple tennis shoes & shorts
So does Hyman.
twk
AG
quote:
quote:
At the same time, Hyman's plan may have included more premium seats (more armchairs, more space for suite / club areas, etc). That thought process certainty has some merit . Now, his condescension about our past attendance was smug to our fan base and lacked an understanding of the demographics of our university.
I understand the suites factoring in, but I still don't see where our AD gets a total attendance number of 95,000 in a huge expansion/renovation project. We got over 90,000 in Kyle for the Nebraska game in 2010 towards the end of the Sherman era. In 2012 we have the SEC, Sumlin, Manziel, the Heisman, increasing enrollment, expanding alumni base, etc. I just don't see where an AD comes up with 95,000. Our average attendance in 2014 was 105,123 (according to the NCAA website), so it has already been proven 95,000 was a stupid number. Hyman is not an advocate for Texas A&M.
Can't speak for Hyman's reasons, but it's not a stupid number, for a number of reasons. First, so many folks have complained about the design of the south endzone exterior (exposed steel rather than a faade as on the other three sides) and that was a direct result of going for a large capacity. If you took off the top 10 rows of the South Zone, it could have looked like the other 3 sides of the stadium. Second, excess capacity if the bain of season ticket sales. We may or may not sell the place out on a regular basis--that remains to be seen. It's not crazy to worry about excess capacity. Third, we don't have the parking to accommodate the increased capacity--season ticket holders at the end of the priority points ladder didn't even get a chance to purchase parking. Finally, if you believe the attendance figures from last year were legitimate, you probably need a trip to the optometrist--those numbers were based upon students drawing thousands of extra tickets, above the normal student allotment, and for most games. a lot of those tickets weren't drawn. They certainly weren't sold to ticket purchasers.

Having said all that, Hyman's argument against larger capacity was his usual condescending self, so let's get back to bashing Hyman.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
But as has been stated in numerous threads about stadium size, the demographics of A&M is growing rapidly to where it should not be difficult to fill a large stadium.

The key, of course, is maintaining a team of the calibre that will get people excited enough to leave the comfort of their 70 in plasma TVs at home and fork over the dollars to make the trip to Kyle.
twk
AG
quote:
But as has been stated in numerous threads about stadium size, the demographics of A&M is growing rapidly to where it should not be difficult to fill a large stadium.

The key, of course, is maintaining a team of the calibre that will get people excited enough to leave the comfort of their 70 in plasma TVs at home and fork over the dollars to make the trip to Kyle.
The most desirable seat is a much easier sell than the 100,000th most desirable seat, to the point that it's almost not the same market. If it were all about demographics, we'd be talking about 200,000 seat stadiums some day, but that won't happen. A football field is only so large, and people will only pay to sit so far from the action. That's a constraint that demographics can't change.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Get rid of this incompetent clown.
Yell Practice
Let the Frogs have him.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Let the Frogs have him.

We'll trade them Hyman and cash considerations for Del Conte.
trouble
AG
I don't want Del Conte either. Read about how he allowed himself to be treated by the sips during realignment.
The Collective
AG
Oh, I'm aware that Dodds thought his name was "Dale".
Frisco - Ag
AG
quote:
Let the Frogs have him.
bluecouchstudios
AG
Someone call Jason Cook. Our brand, once again, needs defending.
aggiewilliford
Wow, just wow. Just do an All Call at the game "Would the man in the purple shirt posing as the Texas Aggie AD please go to the snack bar for your complimentary nachos and coke from the TCU booster club" What a JACKHOLE!!!!
Bondag
AG
So the conference that will play in every game in the CWS does not deserve another national seed.

At least one team in every single game. All of them.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Stomp a mud hole in that puke's ass!
TelcoAg
AG
quote:
I like to point to Alleva ripping into the NCAA officials after their regional game got postponed when they could've played. Was it a big ordeal in the grand scheme of things? Probably not. But it was cool to see an AD go to bat for his guys. Would Hyman have done the same for us? Doubtful.

My favorite Alleva story is the one where he lost John Chavis.
Ol Waco Ag
AG
Staff didn't like me saying this 6 months ago ,but will say again...... The alleged AD at our beloved alma mater is an empty golf shirt....... That's right I said it
Coppell97
AG
It's in his DNA
Coppell97
AG
hillcountryag86
AG
Given their wildly differing 'faces of Texas A&M,' I can't imagine Sharp and Hyman getting along.
tylang06
I assume Sharp prefers it that way, so when he has to fire his ass, he'll care as much as Hyman does for the aggies...
pudge
quote:
quote:
I like to point to Alleva ripping into the NCAA officials after their regional game got postponed when they could've played. Was it a big ordeal in the grand scheme of things? Probably not. But it was cool to see an AD go to bat for his guys. Would Hyman have done the same for us? Doubtful.

And most LSU fans are OK with that. Only time will really tell.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

And most LSU fans are OK with that. Only time will really tell.
Maybe they tell you they are now after some perverted reasoning, but at the time I've never seen a bigger meltdown.
Tamu_mgm
AG
NOBODY WANTS YOU HERE HYMAN
bogustrumper
AG
Regardless of where his daughter went to school, he should be wearing an A&M shirt.

Regardless of where he worked before, he should be wearing an A&M shirt.

Is he the reason tcu hosted the super regional in that dump?

Still tcu and they are in the BDF. In the big picture they will fade away.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.