WOW - Hyman in front row wearing purple.

21,023 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggiesWin
RGLAG85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Manage your expectations guys, manage your expectations.
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
His daughter graduated from tcu.

Who gives a crap. Who pays his salary?
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
Yeah, but if you're going to the game and your team isn't there, you'd wear the most neutral thing you could find. Something with the event's logo on the shirt fits the bill.

Agree to disagree. He's a representative of this university and a high profile one at that. He should always, well, represent this university. At the very least, it's branding. Marketing 101.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
quote:

Who gives a crap. Who pays his salary?

Who needs to stop paying his salary??????
rollingwoodaggie
He could care less what we think as long as his check clears
biobioprof
quote:
quote:
Yeah, but if you're going to the game and your team isn't there, you'd wear the most neutral thing you could find. Something with the event's logo on the shirt fits the bill.

Agree to disagree. He's a representative of this university and a high profile one at that. He should always, well, represent this university. At the very least, it's branding. Marketing 101.
Bevel him
Luke The Drifter
AG
quote:
He could care less what we think as long as his check clears

Or couldn't care less. Whatever works...

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
MROD92
He needs to be shown the door
Luke The Drifter
AG
If all committee members are there and they're all wearing the same shirt, then fine. I get that he's there representing the committee but he's still our AD first and a committee member second. Maybe the committee all wore blue tonight, they'll all wear red tomorrow, green on Thursday, etc. But still...the dude has GOT to stop putting himself in somewhat questionable positions. After the whole deal of posing with and shaking hands with the TCU boosters at the Super Regional while wearing the least representative A&M shirt he could find was just stupid on his part. He doesn't have to be ugly to the TCU or South Carolina folks...but he should have to make it very clear that he's moved on to bigger and better things. He's an Aggie now and the Frogs and Cocks need to be shown that message loud an clear.

Unfortunately, as we've seen when we play USCe and TCU, Hyman is not all that interested in cutting the cord.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
He's on the committee? News to me...
To him as well
Coppell97
AG
Ag 11
AG
quote:

Who needs to stop paying his salary??????

Oh, I know the answer to this one!
AGSmith
AG
quote:
Yes, it's him. He was in the post game presser as well.

Fireable offense? I think it's leaning that way, especially in light of his lack of promotion to the committee.
pv
Fire this clown already
Mookie
AG
Who cares where his daughter graduated from? At my old job in Austin we wore burnt orange work shirts on Saturdays. Guess what, I did what my employer asked of me.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Isn't that deep navy NCAA CWS shirt worn by all the committee members and staff?.
wai3gotgoats
AG
quote:

Not to be argumentative, but me first thought when I read your comment about his daughter -------
His paycheck comes from A&M!
spanky
AG
KT 90
AG
quote:

Ouch!
_mpaul
AG
quote:
Isn't that deep navy NCAA CWS shirt worn by all the committee members and staff?.
Ssshhh. What will we complain about if it is? Don't take this opportunity away from us!
BreNayPop
AG
Hyman is just full of poor situational awareness... managing expectations, the tcu booster pics, now this... I dont think it is asking too much for our own AD to not make us look bad.for.hiring him. Then again, maybe he is playing from the steve Patterson playbook. Both should (and will be fired) reasonably soon.
TMartin
The difficult part is how many Aggies believe he went to the CWS wearing purple. What's the saying about perception and reality.
scoutteam65
I know one thing for sure and that is eric hyman enjoys "rubbing" texas a&m's face in the mud every chance he gets. most of us picked up on that on day one. unfortunately the joke is on us for allowing this to happen.
Timberwolf
AG
You people are blinder than a bat and are racially profiling. THAT IS NOT HIM. Just some old white fart.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
I know one thing for sure and that is eric hyman enjoys "rubbing" texas a&m's face in the mud every chance he gets. most of us picked up on that on day one. unfortunately the joke is on us for allowing this to happen.
I don't think he's rubbing our face in the mud. I certainly don't think he enjoys it.

There is a difference between wording statements poorly and trying to embarrass Texas A&M.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Hyman is just full of poor situational awareness... managing expectations, the tcu booster pics, now this... I dont think it is asking too much for our own AD to not make us look bad.for.hiring him. Then again, maybe he is playing from the steve Patterson playbook. Both should (and will be fired) reasonably soon.
Is he making us look bad? Does anyone else care?
CampingAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Is he making us look good?
CampingAg
AG
I like to point to Alleva ripping into the NCAA officials after their regional game got postponed when they could've played. Was it a big ordeal in the grand scheme of things? Probably not. But it was cool to see an AD go to bat for his guys. Would Hyman have done the same for us? Doubtful.
wilhunting
AG
quote:
I like to point to Alleva ripping into the NCAA officials after their regional game got postponed when they could've played. Was it a big ordeal in the grand scheme of things? Probably not. But it was cool to see an AD go to bat for his guys. Would Hyman have done the same for us? Doubtful.

THIS!!!

Alleva went or bat for his employer/institution being that's one of the unwritten obligations in his profession. I've said numerous times that EH has not have TAMU in his best interests from day 1. He hood-winked someone in the hiring process to land this prestigious gig and is coasting along collecting an unwarranted pay check.

It baffles me this idiot is running a million dollar company.

Time to go get a top notch AD - one that puts TAMU first and wants to make the product great not manageable.
non-consensual santa
Hyman continues to steal money from A&M.

TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is he making us look good?
I fear some level of apathy- by that I mean lack of true aspiration- might have seeped into his management of our athletics department and that, I also fear, will effect our on-field results.

On-field results are how we look good, or how we look bad.

In fairness, he walked into a hornets nest with this Kyle Field project. Still, I'm willing to say he's not been impressive.

I like our assistant coach hires since Hyman came to town, but that is about it.
non-consensual santa
quote:
I like our assistant coach hires since Hyman came to town, but that is about it.

How much influence does he have on that? RC hired Bolt of his own accord and Sumlin (who doesn't answer to hyman at all) did so with his hires. I do not know about Kennedy and Stansbury.

People I know in the AD make it sound like hyman really doesn't do much.
TellMeMore
Doesn't matter who the logo is on his left, the swoosh is probably something that would not sit well with those other guys. Maybe he got some 'splaning to do when the Adidas people give him a call. Or maybe has a personal services contract with swoosh from his days in frogville.
Old Main
AG
When Hyman stated on TexAgs Radio that the capacity of Kyle Field should be limited to 95,000 I think he really lost a lot of Aggies. He said this in 2012, not during a mediocre season.

Also, telling Aggies that we should manage our expectations in basketball when most wanted Kennedy fired was ridiculous.

Our AD should wear maroon-tinted glasses. I want an AD who is fighting for Texas A&M. Hyman does not fight for A&M... at best he is indifferent or neutral when it comes to doing what is best for Texas A&M.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/F4lKw2Et.png[/img]
tylang06
The dude needs to be shown the door, yesterday. He's a ****ing clown who doesn't give a damn about A&M and thinks we don't belong with the big boys.

I don't know a single CEO who doesn't think his company is the best at what they do... And then there's Hyman... **** him. I'd rather have an arrogant ***** as long as he was all in on A&M

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.