2016 CWS

24,015 Views | 245 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by W
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maybe the pitching in the SEC isn't as good as thought. All 4 teams have struggled mightily to score runs in Omaha (with the exception of Florida's first game)
W
AG
what a disappointing 3 days for the SEC. Only 2-4 in the CWS so far

I give Florida a decent shot of coming thru the loser's bracket. The Gators have the pitching depth
RGLAG85
AG
Florida deserved to lose that one. You have 1st and 3rd with no outs, down 1 and you don't try something to manufacture a run? You're plain stupid. That's why I say coach and genius never belong in the same sentence.
lil99chris
AG
Vanderbilt was fortunate to have the weather knock out Fullerton's pitcher.

Houstonag
AG
The Ags had TCU with runners at the corners and no outs in the first inning then later bases loaded with 1 out and got nothing. We could not hit when it mattered in big games. Sure we won 50 games but sure needed some critical hits and runs when we had the opportunity.

We need to stop hitting into double plays and swing for the fence when a good hit would score runs.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
The Ags had TCU with runners at the corners and no outs in the first inning then later bases loaded with 1 out and got nothing. We could not hit when it mattered in big games. Sure we won 50 games but sure needed some critical hits and runs when we had the opportunity.

We need to stop hitting into double plays and swing for the fence when a good hit would score runs.
Same exact thing "happened" to Florida last nite. Runners on first and third, nobody out, with their best hitters coming up, and they get shut out! They had just scored 11 runs in one inning in their previous win over Miami.
fordag4
AG
Gag me. Tcu will win this thing. In fact I don't think it will even be close. I don't wanna hear how tough the SEC is cause at the moment they aren't looking like anything to write home about.
Justice Beaver
AG
Hopefully Vandy/Buehler take care of the frogs tonight, then if CSF beats LSU/Lange, maybe they throw Eshelman on short rest against the frogs on Thursday? Then if the frogs beat him, I would think Fulmer could go again for Vandy by that point.
I don't see TCU beating both those guys if they don't win tonight.
ftworthag02
AG
Tcu will beat buehler tonight. Already beat him once this year in LA. The thing about tcus offense is that they are built for td ameritrade. They're not swinging for the fences like us. They work the pitcher and then hit it where it's pitched. Slap it. Put it in play
W
AG
LSU already in a hole 2-0 to Fullerton.

edit -- but recovers by scoring 4 in the 3rd. Lange goes the distance for the win.

Tigers still alive. It was LSU's first win in TD Ameritrade ballpark
swimmerbabe11
Rough start for Lange.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
Tcu will beat buehler tonight. Already beat him once this year in LA. The thing about tcus offense is that they are built for td ameritrade. They're not swinging for the fences like us. They work the pitcher and then hit it where it's pitched. Slap it. Put it in play

They are pitching Pfeiffer. Trying to succeed where lefty Poche did not.
I'm hoping for the similar results.
Justice Beaver
AG
quote:
quote:

They are pitching Pfeiffer. Trying to succeed where lefty Poche did not.
I'm hoping for the similar results.

Well I doubt Pfeiffer airmails two throws to 1st, so...I wouldn't hope too hard.
swimmerbabe11
Mike Elko
AG
^^^ You were saying?
swimmerbabe11
A girl can dream!
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Gag me. Tcu will win this thing. In fact I don't think it will even be close. I don't wanna hear how tough the SEC is cause at the moment they aren't looking like anything to write home about.
No they won't.
fordag4
AG
Bet?
ftworthag02
AG
Tcu will beat vandy. The best pitching staff in the country
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Bet?
Absolutely.

I get the field. You get TCU. $50 payable to TMF?

No need for any odds, since you seem so certain.
Bondag
AG
Did the Vandy pitcher just let out a woo after a strikeout?
Code Maroon 12
AG
I saw that too
Boxer
Not a fan of this chick announcer
EMY92
AG
quote:
Well I doubt Pfeiffer airmails two throws to 1st, so...I wouldn't hope too hard.
Didn't quite airmail it, but it was close enough.
Boxer
That was a strike...yikes
Boxer
And just got a make up call
Aggies2009
AG
Swanson strikes out with the bases loaded. F*** him and f*** the whistler
jt2hunt
AG
tcu no hitter going, loads the bases without giving up a hit and gets out of it.
ftworthag02
AG
Vandy loads the bases w/ 1 out and can't score
Ag12thman
AG
Purple baylor.
Boxer
In his defense, it should've been 3-1
ftworthag02
AG
No hitter thru 4!
Justice Beaver
AG
One of these games, TCU will get an ump who doesn't give them 4"+ off either side of the plate.
JeffHamilton82
These umps are horrible. Low scoring games because umps are expanding the strike zone 6 inches on every side. These are good pitchers they don't need the umps to help them look like Cy Young. College umps are either blind or corrupt.
fordag4
AG
Aglake, thats fine. I hope you are right. I probably ought to give the Association some money. Been years since Ive donated.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.