Dallas country clubs

152,976 Views | 426 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by TecRecAg
Goody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
spoiler alert...the nw vote didn't pass.

carry on.
bagger05
AG
I heard a rumor that Bluejack was going to reduce the radius for national memberships from 200 to 150 miles so Dallas folks could be eligible.

Anyone know if this is true? Website still says 200.
jja79
AG
I'm not a geographer but that doesn't make sense to me.
bagger05
AG
I'd heard they didn't have as many national members as they wanted. Adding Dallas would certainly get more in there.

Might not be true anymore. Or maybe it never was.
jja79
AG
I was reading your post wrong. Maybe they need to build a clubhouse to attract national members. Not sure why they haven't at this point.
FTAco07
AG
For sure. I love that course and it's a ton of fun out there, but definitely hard to get people to drop six figures for a non resident membership without a real clubhouse.
560ti
ChoppinDs40 said:

TecRecAg said:

This thread is the biggest collective of pole smokers I've ever seen.

Forwarding comments from TexAgs to a country club board. Lol
Yeah if true that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. This is probably how the conversation went down assuming he's not trolling

NotNewToDallasAnymore: "hey Northwood some guy online is saying that moving from 180k to 200k isn't a big deal, that Brook Hollow shouldn't brag about social standing when most of their high-end members aren't even consistently there/involved, you guys are actually legitimately serious about being the best club, and that there's rich guys at the club that like to talk about rich guy stuff".

Northwood Board of Directors: "ummm okay ???"....... "Interesting story?"

Even funnier that he's crying about "your white trash for talking about club financials" when this is the same user that literally went in multiple threads bragging about how his analyst that works for him got told from the membership director at Lakewood that you can get in quickly if you actually have the full initiation amount (basically trying to accentuate that the members there aren't rich enough to pay full price right off the bat and that he has 2nd hand knowledge of the real money you need to join). Of course, he'll never call himself a hypocrite because it's not gossip if it's a club he doesn't like.......
NotNewToDallasAnymore
Tell your brother to say adios to his NW membership. Investigations already begun and an IP has been requested. Per the bylaws members should not discuss club policy's with non members. Also your brother sound like a massive tool.

Also how I know you know nothing about northwood is the $45k assessment failed with a no of 80% and tue $25k is going up in the spring and will also fail. As I said most members cannot afore it especially the older members. This is how I know you know jack and **** about northwood. So please just stop responding.
jja79
AG
This is my new favorite Texags thread. For years it had been the Clucky stick figure drawings from the Manziel era but this tops it.

Anyone that didn't see the Clucky thread here it is. This thread seems in the ditch so I don't feel bad kicking it further in.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2400282/18
NotNewToDallasAnymore
No your quote was "they brag about having members" no club brags about their members which is how I know you know zero about golf or clubs in Dallas you could have said Augusta National brags about it's membership and I would have had the same response. No club in Dallas brags about a membership and if anything nobody cares.

Glad I've exposed your lack of knowledge of NW. If you knew so much about NW you would have known the clubhouse got voted down by a landslide. It's a small minority of younger members 40 and younger who want to redo the clubhouse and everyone in the club hates them and a few of them got kicked out. Especially the one whose wife was pissing by the fire pit.
ocling
AG
NotNewToDallasAnymore said:

Tell your brother to say adios to his NW membership. Investigations already begun and an IP has been requested. Per the bylaws members should not discuss club policy's with non members. Also your brother sound like a massive tool.

Also how I know you know nothing about northwood is the $45k assessment failed with a no of 80% and tue $25k is going up in the spring and will also fail. As I said most members cannot afore it especially the older members. This is how I know you know jack and **** about northwood. So please just stop responding.
Seems like you're sharing a lot about the clubs inner-workings with non-members. I've forwarded your info to DCC so they understand what their member is doing online. I suggested look for the last name Barnes...
979ag
AG
NotNewToDallasAnymore said:

No your quote was "they brag about having members" no club brags about their members which is how I know you know zero about golf or clubs in Dallas you could have said Augusta National brags about it's membership and I would have had the same response. No club in Dallas brags about a membership and if anything nobody cares.

Glad I've exposed your lack of knowledge of NW. If you knew so much about NW you would have known the clubhouse got voted down by a landslide. It's a small minority of younger members 40 and younger who want to redo the clubhouse and everyone in the club hates them and a few of them got kicked out. Especially the one whose wife was pissing by the fire pit.

Are you okay????
560ti
ocling said:

Seems like you're sharing a lot about the clubs inner-workings with non-members. I've forwarded your info to DCC so they understand what their member is doing online. I suggested look for the last name Barnes...
He's shared more inner workings with both Northwood and Lakewood then any member on this entire forum yet his entire spiel is whining about inner workings.

If his current club or Northwood did do a real investigation (which is laughable, they have better things to do on the holidays then to snoop on an aggies forum) they'd find him as the number one loudmouth and would be confused as to why he's low key being an accomplice (trying to humble brag but in reality is doing more harm then good)

It's almost as if he's trying to incriminate himself

grego
AG
Quote:

True gentlemen do not discuss finances and the ones who do are lying about theirs.
Might be the most ironic statement - considering the source - in the history of mankind.
cab559
AG
This thread settles it. Dallas > Houston.
GeorgeBailey
AG
cab559 said:

This thread settles it. Dallas > Houston.
You sure about that? There's only one person in this thread that can tell us the answer for sure.

I hope I don't get investigated for posting this.
zgolfz85
AG
Can't believe I just stumbled into this thread. Also, can't believe we have to share a planet with that one guy. Holy **** what a do uchebag
JBAB
bagger05 said:

I heard a rumor that Bluejack was going to reduce the radius for national memberships from 200 to 150 miles so Dallas folks could be eligible.

Anyone know if this is true? Website still says 200.
the 200 mile radius is definitely negotiable. National members from Austin and Dallas already. Multiple within the last 12 - 18 months.

Clubhouse is being built. Technically they're swapping 18 & 9 and building clubhouse near putting green/current #9 green kind of in between 9 & 18.
Legend
AG
Saw the new Avid Golfer rankings mentioned on the Frisco PGA thread, so thought I would try to see what everyone thinks about what's going on these days with DFW clubs. Initiation fees keep going up.

https://www.calameo.com/myavidgolfer/read/004756792b9bfbdb6aa32
texassippian
Has anyone played Maridoe and know how it compares to Dallas National, Preston Trail, or Trinity Forest? Seems like a bargain price wise but not sure how practical it is for the average golfer.

https://myavidgolfer.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Rankings.jpg
Stymied
AG
Maridoe is OK. Their focus is having one of if not the most difficult golf course in town. I'd say it accomplishes that goal pretty well too! It's a golf course that is fun to play once in a blue moon. I'm not sure it would be a place that I would want to play regularly. In that part of town, I think there are better options.

Maybe I'm a golf snob but I don't think golf in Dallas (or in Texas for the most part) is worth that kind of money. I'd much rather have a more reasonable club in town and spend money on a few trips a year (and / or a national membership somewhere else).
texassippian
Amenities and location aside, which courses are the top 10 from a strictly golf perspective?
560ti
texassippian said:

Amenities and location aside, which courses are the top 10 from a strictly golf perspective?
The city of Dallas wise (original thread title) in no order Dallas National, Brook Hollow, Trinity Forest, Preston Trail, Northwood.

Surrounding DFW area the Colonial (currently undergoing a huge renovation), PGA HQ Frisco, Vaquero.
Legend
AG
560ti said:

texassippian said:

The city of Dallas wise (original thread title) in no order Dallas National, Brook Hollow, Trinity Forest, Preston Trail, Northwood.

Surrounding DFW area the Colonial (currently undergoing a huge renovation), PGA HQ Frisco, Vaquero.

Agree with this. People could debate how to rank them but those are the top golf courses in Dallas for sure.

My guess is DNAT and Fields Ranch east would be the top 2. PT, Northwood and Brookhollow are all great. Trinity Forest is different but very good too.

dc509
AG
I love when this thread pops up. This guy cracks me up.
Poot
Same… can't wait for the next rant… Assuming the poster hasn't already vetted Augusta and Pine Valley, only to determine their members are so rich that they talk about money/deals like they don't matter anymore.
JR Ewingford
LOLOLTZZ So Barnes is back on Texags. OMG look at me Im so rich!!
clobby
AG
Got a call from Brookhaven after a targeted instagram ad, sounds like they are looking for members and have no wait list. Are they taking everyone right now? Seems like a lot of the other clubs around still have multi year waiting lists. Anyone have recent experience with this club?
tamu2009
AG
I think they are always looking for members. I don't think they'll ever have a cap. Did they make you an offer for an initiation fee?
clobby
AG
No, she wouldn't give numbers unless you do a tour. I might do that just to see what the costs are.
tamu2009
AG
I joined last year right before Memorial Day and I got them down to I think 2500 but they were about to go up to 7500 june1 (last year). They had a ROUGH off season and lost multiple greens on multiple courses. I had to drop my membership in may due to a second kid and not having time to use it, so I don't know how the repairs have gone. I wonder if they've lost a bunch of members as a result.

Aggie369
AG
Lol
Just clicked on this thread
Awesome
WestTxWood88
AG
What's the latest on Canyon Creek? Been looking at the Richardson are but know nothing on this course / club. Was in the area recently and see some course construction going on… wondering if the locals can give me some of their experience at CC. TIA
Old Tom Morris
Not a member but one of my golf buddies used to be one. They are renovating and will be jacking up the membership and rates. Not sure how high. I'm not a fan of the layout as a course that I would play regularly. My buddy dropped it when they let the condition go to crap several years ago
cpatin
AG
They are turning it into a par 72 (from 70). Suppsodely done in November. At least according to one of their members I got paired w this weekend.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.