Horns steal coach from mighty Tulane

28 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by HTownAg98
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I think they stumbled into a good hire, but I still think he's behind Tadlock and Schloss, and prob OSU coach.

I think I agree with this assessment, time will tell.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
Hi care bear, here's your attention.

Personally, I think Titsy fits him better.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
quote:
Actually, this a good move...dammit. Pierce is a really good coach.
What? Really good, because he coached at Sam and Tulane and now tu? It may end up being a good hire but tap the brakes until then....

Pierce is a solid coach. He coached at UH and under Wayne Graham at Rice with really good results, as both hitting and pitching coach. He's was the driving force behind rice for the first decade of the 2000s (Graham is senile). Then he takes over for MJ at Sam and does a great job. Led Tulane to the tourney his first year as head coach. Tell me again how this isn't a good hire?

Just because it's not a flashy hire does not mean it's a bad hire. Pierce has a solid coaching resume. He'll do pretty good at tu, unfortunately.
Flexbone
quote:
quote:

Burn.
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
quote:

Burn.

petey88
Dub ~ remark slid in moments after, didn't hit the quote thing for Missy,...er, Titsy

In the middle of a couple of weeks off, considering my options, and watching the CWS right now. I'm surprised the sips didn't hire the Chanticleers coach yesterday, before today's game. Being that they were Texas, they can do it.

Billy Martin would've been a great fit in Austin.
MelvinUdall
quote:
Dub ~ remark slid in moments after, didn't hit the quote thing for Missy,...er, Titsy

In the middle of a couple of weeks off, considering my options, and watching the CWS right now. I'm surprised the sips didn't hire the Chanticleers coach yesterday, before today's game. Being that they were Texas, they can do it.

Hi Peter...
nu awlins ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Actually, this a good move...dammit. Pierce is a really good coach.
What? Really good, because he coached at Sam and Tulane and now tu? It may end up being a good hire but tap the brakes until then....

Pierce is a solid coach. He coached at UH and under Wayne Graham at Rice with really good results, as both hitting and pitching coach. He's was the driving force behind rice for the first decade of the 2000s (Graham is senile). Then he takes over for MJ at Sam and does a great job. Led Tulane to the tourney his first year as head coach. Tell me again how this isn't a good hire?

Just because it's not a flashy hire does not mean it's a bad hire. Pierce has a solid coaching resume. He'll do pretty good at tu, unfortunately.
Tell you again? Ok, how much of it was HIS recruits at Sam and Tulane? Get back to me when he does this. Graham was senile? Your opinion....Graham recruited those kids not pierce. This isn't football....
Sea Gull
AG
You're right. The hitting and pitching coach has no effect on how successful a team is. None whatsoever. Jesus, dude...he ran the damn Rice team from 03-10. Sure recruiting is important, but so is actually coaching. The Ags had 13 guys drafted this year and still didn't make Omaha. What does that say about recruiting in college baseball?

Just admit it. Pierce is a solid coach. It's ok, nutsack. You can do it. Pull your head out of your ass, look at the facts, and just admit it.

You're right. This isn't football. It doesn't take one stud recruit to change a team. It takes a team of solid players that are developed. I've been following college baseball for almost 20 years. I think I understand the sport quite well.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
quote:

Hi Peter...
Hi Missy, I see you.

nu awlins ag
AG
quote:
You're right. The hitting and pitching coach has no effect on how successful a team is. None whatsoever. Jesus, dude...he ran the damn Rice team from 03-10. Sure recruiting is important, but so is actually coaching. The Ags had 13 guys drafted this year and still didn't make Omaha. What does that say about recruiting in college baseball?

Just admit it. Pierce is a solid coach. It's ok, nutsack. You can do it. Pull your head out of your ass, look at the facts, and just admit it.

You're right. This isn't football. It doesn't take one stud recruit to change a team. It takes a team of solid players that are developed. I've been following college baseball for almost 20 years. I think I understand the sport quite well.
He ran the team and you know this how? You have been "following" baseball? I played it dumbass. You better be glad your posting in a "safe zone" tough guy. You can approach me anytime and feel free to call me anything you like, but please I hope I meet in person one day....
Hood
Sea Gull
AG
Lol! I played college baseball too, nutsack. See how easy that was?
Sea Gull
AG
Seems like this nu awlins guy is one tough mother ****er. He's the perfect match for Titsy.
nu awlins ag
AG
quote:
Seems like this nu awlins guy is one tough mother ****er. He's the perfect match for Titsy.
Dude, you started the name calling in your reply, so I know you're at least 13 or 14, right? All I said in my reply was "tap the brakes" without the name calling but being the tough guy you are, you started it. Just admit it, your IQ and **** length are the same and move on...No way played above "tee-ball"...and quit crawfishing punk.
AggieBand2004
AG
Sea Gull
AG
Did I hurt your feelings, little fella?
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi Peter...
Hi Missy, I see you.

Yessssassssssss!
Bottlehead90
AG
Maybe staff should impose a post limit for the day so we get a break from missy and he can use the time to reflect on his waste of a life
MelvinUdall
quote:
Maybe staff should impose a post limit for the day so we get a break from missy and he can use the time to reflect on his waste of a life

Fascist
brainman5000
AG
Took a month to hire the coach from Tulane. But he was the #1 target all along.

Gotcha
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:

Fascist

Rodent. (Mom's side)
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fascist

Rodent. (Mom's side)
petey88
quote:
can staff do a post limit for a worthless POS ?

emoji included, just for Titsy
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
can staff do a post limit for a worthless POS ?

emoji included, just for Titsy

You can request that when you get your AgTag.
Loverboy
Congrats sips.

Got a coach on your top 10 list.

trm94
AG
Actually think this is a good hire. However, with the tradition that the sips baseball team has had, it isn't a good hire compared to what they could have gotten in the past. The once mighty have fallen very, very far
I already have a dog
AG
quote:
quote:
Didn't they get their OC from Tulane?

Apparently Tulane is Texas' coaching farm system.

Tulsa.

Those are different schools?
LonghornDub
Observation: There's some good coaches who realize that part of their success is due to the fact that they are a good fit for the situation they're in and are hesitant to change it. Factors include educational climate, athletic climate, recruiting territory, etc. as well as compensation.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

TXAGBQ76
AG
ohhh, no I get it. You weren't really looking to hire a good coach- just wanted to make the good ones say no. Well, looks like mission accomplished!!! Congrats!
HTownAg98
quote:
Actually think this is a good hire. However, with the tradition that the sips baseball team has had, it isn't a good hire compared to what they could have gotten in the past. The once mighty have fallen very, very far

Remember when the sips hired Gaurrido because he was the hottest coach in the country and the sips could beat any counter-offer? Those were fun times.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.