Horns steal coach from mighty Tulane

44 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by HTownAg98
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Actually, this a good move...dammit. Pierce is a really good coach.
Jmho, there are at least 50+ "really good" coaches in D1 baseball. As Coastal Carolina, Rice, Oregon State, and UCSB have demonstrated. Doesn't change the fact it is hilarious that lil brother sip got rejected 10 times in 30 days.

I just hope they hired someone at least as competent as Childress.
APHIS AG
quote:
quote:
Only coach we offered!
- rv, steveo, ngayden, harryslice

No comment
-33, dub

What difference does it make? Texas aims high and makes the best coaches say no. They say no after their current colleges give them huge raises to keep them from considering Texas.

Pierce sounds like a good choice. We'll see.
What arrogance. I see t.u. is still t.u. and this only proves that you "Were Texas".

First the football team gets their coach from the B list and now their baseball team gets the first person that accepts.

This could not happen to a better "school".
AgOutsideAustin
AG
quote:
I think this shows how mismanaged the whole baseball firing and hiring has been.

With Perrin this was the best they could do.
At least it's over and he can get to work on next year.

Solid post steveo.
whatthehey78
AG
quote:
What difference does it make? Texas aims high and makes the best coaches say no. They say no after their current colleges give them huge raises to keep them from considering Texas.

Works for me...and apparently for everyone else, EXCEPT tu...not to mention, any of them could have said "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm outta here."
RAB87
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Pierce is a really good coach.

Not a big name like they were hoping for but I'm sure he'll do well there.

All the egg on their face sure has been fun.

Yeah, I think they actually got a good coach, but their arrogance would not allow them to simply look at someone like Pierce from the get go which is what they should have done.

You know this for fact? Can you shoot me a link, I would like to read that article.

"They can't even see the Joneses from here." - Kirk Bohls AAS Homer. So there's that.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
That was my point: there are 50+ guys in d1 as good as Augie or Childress. Sorry it went over your head.

Pierce will do well. So would 50 other guys coaching in d1. It's baseball, not rocket science. It's about the jimmies and joes, not the x's and o's.

"Home run hire by Perrin!" -- kbohls, ryanautullo, bdavis
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
That was my point: there are 50+ guys in d1 as good as Augie or Childress. Sorry it went over your head.

Pierce will do well. So would 50 other guys coaching in d1. It's baseball, not rocket science. It's about the jimmies and joes, not the x's and o's.

Honestly I don't keep up with baseball coaches enough to know if this hire is worth a s*** or not and even if I did, my opinion is likely to be more wrong than right.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
quote:
quote:

Honestly I don't keep up with baseball coaches enough to know if this hire is worth a s*** or not and even if I did, my opinion is likely to be more wrong than right.
He'll do fine.
dreyOO
quote:

Settle U

When did we start talking about Baylol?
RGLAG85
AG
It's a good solid hire. His success will be dependant on whom he surrounds himself with as assistants. You're looking at a Herman type of hire and he could end up being the next great coach. It's who many thought they should've targeted first knowing the current landscape of college baseball but their arrogance wouldn't let them. And it hasn't just been Aggies laughing at them. Perrin didn't help the situation with his inexperience and lack of contacts as an AD. Sometimes you have too except your current plight, put your nose to the grind stone and move forward. Something the sips seem incapable of doing.
jkag89
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He'll do fine.
Personally believe Pierce is a better fit for t.u. than some of the "marquee" names the rumor mill at least said the sips were after. Of course he'll need to do more than just fine to keep the folks in Austin happy.
petey88

cock roaches are back
Kemo Sabe
Somebody send him a fifth of whiskey with a card that says. "Congratulations! You'll need this."
MelvinUdall
quote:

cock roaches are back

Here's your attention.
91_Aggie
AG
quote:

Personally believe Pierce is a better fit for t.u. than some of the "marquee" names the rumor mill at least said the sips were after. Of course he'll need to do more than just fine to keep the folks in Austin happy.
As long as he doesn't come in thinking "This is Texas... the recruiting is automatically done for me".

And saying that after 2 years... yikes!
fast69
AG

To continue the fine baseball coaching for which Augie has been given so much praise, I wonder if Pierce is required to have some of the same fine qualities as Augie:

Curses and berates his players on the field and in the locker room after a lose.
Uses crude and despicable language around the team and fans.
Able to drink his troubles and frustrations away and continue to coach after a DWI.

Hope not.
MelvinUdall
quote:

To continue the fine baseball coaching for which Augie has been given so much praise, I wonder if Pierce is required to have some of the same fine qualities as Augie:

Curses and berates his players on the field and in the locker room after a lose.
Uses crude and despicable language around the team and fans.
Able to drink his troubles and frustrations away and continue to coach after a DWI.

Hope not.

Do the first two really bother you? I had a cousin that played for him in the early 2000's and was on his 2002 NC team and he had nothing but great things to say about him. I guess the cussing and berating didn't bother him all that much.
petey88

so you count the Fullerton State wins for the sips as well ?

aka harry sip
MelvinUdall
quote:

so you count the Fullerton State wins for the sips as well ?

aka harry sip

Huh? Please link where I made such comment, I'll hang up and listen.
petey88

just asking another cock roach sip a question, simple as that Missy
MelvinUdall
quote:

just asking another cock roach sip a question, simple as that Missy

I was thinking you were 50, I just now realized you're 28, you'll grow up soon enough.
DayAg!
S
You guys enjoy the dialogue with the cockroaches while you can. Football will start and after a few weeks,this place will be quiet as a funeral home.
MelvinUdall
quote:
You guys enjoy the dialogue with the cockroaches while you can. Football will start and after a few weeks,this place will be quiet as a funeral home.

Zing!
David_Puddy
AG
hayden seems pretty pissed about this hire
Dock
quote:

BOOM!!! HEAD SHOT!!!
fast69
AG
quote:
Do the first two really bother you? I had a cousin that played for him in the early 2000's and was on his 2002 NC team and he had nothing but great things to say about him. I guess the cussing and berating didn't bother him all that much.
Yes. See the Utube video showing the first two items on a couple of occasions. Something is wrong with a person that has to handle things in that fashion. I am positive that Childress would not do that and I do not believe any of our other coaches in any sport would. That is probably one reason why the tu program is down. As a parent, I would not want my child to play for a man that carries on like that. Guess he pays well.

Are you really a t sipper?
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
Yes. See the Utube video showing the first two items on a couple of occasions. Something is wrong with a person that has to handle things in that fashion. I am positive that Childress would not do that and I do not believe any of our other coaches in any sport would. That is probably one reason why the tu program is down. As a parent, I would not want my child to play for a man that carries on like that. Guess he pays well.

Maybe if Childress had a little more fire in his belly, he could get A&M past TCU. I will also add, Texas program being down or not, has nothing to do of what Garrido accomplished through out his coaching career. Unfortunately our generation is raising a bunch of kids that are p***ies that can't handle a coach going off on them. One more quick note, I was around the baseball program for at least 15-20 games a season while my cousin played for him and yes did he go off on players and did he cuss, yes, but it wasn't anything that I felt was all the awful, just a coach doing what a lot of coaches did.
MelvinUdall
quote:
hayden seems pretty pissed about this hire

Yeah, as you can see from my post above, I have so much knowledge of college baseball coaches, but that's none of my business.
David_Puddy
AG
You have almost half ot the posts on this thread.
MelvinUdall
quote:

Yes, and I am soooooo angry.
MelvinUdall
quote:

Here's one more to pad the total.
petey88
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe if Childress had a little more fire in his belly, he could get A&M past TCU. I will also add, Texas program being down or not, has nothing to do of what Garrido accomplished through out his coaching career. Unfortunately our generation is raising a bunch of kids that are p***ies that can't handle a coach going off on them. One more quick note, I was around the baseball program for at least 15-20 games a season while my cousin played for him and yes did he go off on players and did he cuss, yes, but it wasn't anything that I felt was all the awful, just a coach doing what a lot of coaches did.
well, cock roach tee shirt sip, you still haven't answered,...now two questions ?

It's really easy Missy
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

well, cock roach tee shirt sip, you still haven't answered,...now two questions ?

It's really easy Missy

Let's the adults talk...move along.
petey88

big talk from a nobody
MelvinUdall
quote:

big talk from a nobody

Look at the big balls on petey.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.